Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

I’ve started to hear rumors that private servers are coming back. Blizzard is constantly demonstrating they’re completely incapable of running Classic servers. I have a sneaky suspicion that what we’re working toward is Blizzard running seasonal servers like SoM to make money off that and leaving everything else that they have to work more at and get less money on to private servers again.

3 Likes

Inc 10k more alliance to the server!

1 Like

If you look at it this will actually INCREASE the number of players forced to do paid xfers. Let all the low pop servers xfer for free and then have all of the medium pop servers pay for a xfer since now they know they wont have any new players to replace the ones who quit/leave . LOL 200 IQ move blizz ngl

1 Like

Kind of curious why this transfer set up didn’t allow transfers from High Pop and Low Pop to the Medium Populated servers. It doesn’t make sense to flood the high pop servers even more than they are. Medium pop servers are struggling as it is. The populations are skewed as it is considering many of us raid on multiple tunes and there’s a huge amount of bots still…

2 Likes

What about one sided servers??? in Mankrik alliance is less than 5% making it extremely hard to raid and gather any consumables. We need actual solutions Blizzard not half done ones.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the previous lists in this thread to include Felstriker.

Felstriker will have Free Character Transfers available.

Source Realm Destination Realms
Felstriker Arugal, Benediction, Bigglesworth, Earthfury, Faerlina, Fairbanks, Grobbulus, Herod, Netherwind, Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Whitemane, Yojamba
6 Likes

I think Blizzard can squeeze some delicious transfer fees from your realm for awhile.

1 Like

Blizzard…what about Windseeker? lol

Or call it a loss due to impatience. The people that paid for the transfers created the need for Blizzard to react.

How about Windseeker, Myzrael, Azuresong, Old Blanchy, Bloodsail Buccabeers? All those servers have populations under 2k active when you account for faction splits. How about the numerous servers with factions with less than 500 active players?

Can we also get some faction locks on these transfers? I don’t like the idea that my Grobbulus horde character is going to be even more outnumbered, 2:1 ratio is really the limit to this sort of thing. The same issue that caused other pvp servers to become dead following huge faction imbalances.

2 Likes

In the case of Bloodsail Buccaneers, we have an extremely low horde population, and it’s difficult to recruit to an RP-PVE server. There’s not enough activity for some of our more active players and they have been keen to transfer for a while.

I’m hoping servers like us receive some additional consideration.

1 Like

For example, Blizzard put Skeram on the transfer list, but not Old Blanchy. Skeram has 1181 active users in the last month, Old Blanchy has 1141 active alliance, and 974 active horde. Since the alliance and horde can’t play together we have a smaller population than Skeram, but no transfers.

1 Like

Not accurate population figures trhough if you are using the Ironforge site. That only shows you who posts parse logs, not actual population size. If a server is filled with non-raiding casuals, you won’t see them.

One sided servers are in exactly the same situation as low pop. servers for the minority side. Please revisit the list to include them… From Netherwind horde side, if not for the few remaining bots allowing us to craft consumes our guild would have fell apart and many of us unsubbed months ago. We may still due to frustrations simply trying to play the game.

1 Like

What about Netherwind and all the other one sided servers ???
We have less than 200 horde players logging in for PVP and/or Raid. Many of them are alts. Take a look at that.

6 Likes

You got that right

Yall really about to let more Alliance transfer to Benediction when we’re already outnumbered 4 to 1. JFC Blizzard…

1 Like

Why on earth would anyone want to go to Fairbanks, a 100:0 H:A PvP server??? And why can’t people leave that server for free? This makes no sense at all. Seems like these decisions were made based off of blind data and lowest pop, well look at the data of the thousands of dollars you made off of Fairbanks ally transfers a few months ago. Oh wait, you probably are, greedy.

3 Likes

Would be great to know what sort of analysis has been done behind the scenes for each server listed and not listed; what motivation behind opening transfers from some servers and not opening for others.

None.

Why can’t we just make classic 1 server? Layers are already a thing… At this point what does splitting your pop up accomplish?