1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I am fine with what they are putting in the game. I think it hilarous you think the game should cater to the 1000 or so people who don’t have anything better to do because no game can charge you enough to support that content.

Anyway, pointless discussion because they aren’t going to do this. Their money, their game.

Pointless discussing it with you as you are clearly just here to troll on an alt.

Say no, to Watered Down AV.

2 Likes

says someone posting on a lvl 10 alt.

You think they are going to have two versions of AV live? Boy are you naive.

I never got a chance to play old AV. with classic on the way i had hoped that this would have finally been my chance. Not gonna give up hope though. phase 4 is still a long way off and if we never let this issue go there is still a chance.

2 Likes

I want the version that required me to summon what was basically Godzilla to win…grin.

1 Like

WTB the most robust awesome version of AV. Not the 1.12 watered down version.

Listen up Blizz!! The people have spoken.

4 Likes

I also like the version of AV everyone is recommending. It was a good marriage between PvP and PvE. After wining or loosing it felt something. A sense of accomplishment. This feeling is not there in the version they are trying to resurrect. AV needs an exception to give us true classic.

Leave AV they way it was meant to be played when the original Devs sat down and planned it.

PvPvPvE. Lvl 51+

What 1.12 ends up being is nothing but a gutted shell. NO FUN

And that’s my opening statement.

EDIT:
You conveniently left out this small detail:" Devs sat down and planned it " Otherwise yes you are correct.

The devs who created the original AV are the same devs who changed it :slight_smile:

OH No!!! I didn’t even think about this. I just assumed, it being of the primary things people reminisce about in Vanilla, that is would be original all day AV.

1 Like

I really do want that old AV. I don’t think all hope is lost. First we get into Classic. Devs will listen. I think there’s probably too much going on at the moment for them to give this subject a lot of attention.

It’s up to us to keep it on the radar if we, the community, really want it to change (for all I know I could be in the minority of people who do want that old forever-and-a-day AV)

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. This is truly the one major letdown. I remember going to bed, waking up Saturday morning and the same crews would be in fighting the same AV. They became noted moments of discussion in the server’s community.

5 Likes

I like this idea. If they did AV weekends at least once a month or better yet, a couple of weekends a month. True it was horrible for honor unless you were there for the final hours, but it was a blast.

2 Likes

This. Right here. It’s all the reason we need. It doesn’t need to be logical. It just needs to be fun. AV is a great example.

5 Likes

Word.

/10char

Some stuff from 1.5 was terrible…
Some stuff from 1.8 was terrible…
Some stuff from 1.12 is terrible…

They say they cannot give us back older versions. But I am sure they can add some stuff back with a little work.

3 Likes

Chants: Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips!

Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips! Bone chips!

4 Likes

Agreed 100%. Up to us to push for “the right things” in Vanilla.

1 Like