1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I know #nochanges, but it would be neat to have a quarterly old school 1.5 AV like a holiday where the “standard” 1.12 AV would be the normal BG but a few times a year everyone could revel in a week long AV with all of the fun that was entailed there.

1 Like

i 100% agree with the OP!

1 Like

I meant initial release of AV :slight_smile: Sorry, should have been specific.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the older version at some point, who knows when or where.

No worries. My hope is that the version of AV that blizzard is working on for the 15th anniversary celebration is earlier than 1.12 and will be the one used in classic. Something mimicking 1.7 would have all of the original elements in it.

The struggle was real! I miss this too…

1 Like

I remember feeling sad at killing Renferral. Ivus pushed the Horde out of the middle of AV in nearly every win I had in the original AV in that era.
I’d be happy if they gave us that back. Even if it means the Horde can and will roll some groups, straight up into a hard bridge turtle.

I can dream…

Incorrect.

Some of the change to AV post 1.12 (wont list all as too many)

TBC
Patch 2.3.0

• Additional Warmasters no longer report for duty upon destroying an enemy tower.
  • All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search for other battle opportunities.
  • Many NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds are no longer elite
  • The Horde and Alliance now have a limited number of reinforcements available in the battle for Alterac Valley.
  • Towers and Graveyards in Alterac Valley are now captured in 4 minutes (down from 5).

Patch 2.4.0

• The Horde cave has been moved significantly south, so Horde players start very near to the Frostwolf Keep.
  • The time required for the first capture of Snowfall graveyard has been reduced from five minutes to four.

Cata

• The number of reinforcements in Alterac Valley has been reduced to 500 (down from 600).

1.12 is bad.
1.7 is good.

6 Likes

I think we have to accept that AV is an emotional issue for many, as it was their favorite part of the game. While AV did have changes after 1.12 to make it what it is today, it’s helpful to realize that for many people, 1.11’s AV (and therefore 1.12) was ‘the beginning of the end’ of what made AV enjoyable to them. The tone of AV was entirely different, and the changes to AV in the future largely followed the tone set from the 1.11 changes.

So… yes, modern AV is not exactly 1.12 AV. But it is the start of the slippery slope that led to things like all the commanders and lieutenants being removed, reinforcements, downgrading units from elites, etc. If people do not want modern AV, it’s fair to see the version of AV that had changes in the spirit of that and to lump them together. While it’s not literally accurate to call them the same, the spirit of the intent behind the changes is.

So, pre-1.11 AV for Classic, please. 1.11 was the most prevalent version of AV during TBC, and the the 2.4 version with reinforcements was the only version WotLK knew. Let’s keep the AVs themed as appropriate to their potential expansion, please. Classic’s should be a version that was not the one used for the majority of an expansion.

1 Like

PvPvE AV was the reason i was coming back to classic now that it’s PvRush AV im extremely disappointed. You can steal my fun blizzard but youll never have my memories #CantTotalRecallMe

6 Likes

Blizzard sucks now games going to suck i’ll pass Gloria Victis better game. It’s early access but at least they don’t full release broken BG.

1 Like

You play retail, how can you deal with that game it’s so bad.

You guys are still crying about AV? LOL

This is how much blizzard cares about there customers now, I make same thread blizz just bans forum account same amount of likes and response pretty much. like 400 likes or something get ban tho, bliz don’t wanna make games anymore just money. They don’t wanna release AV in a working state because they feel they don’t have too, too much effort and they think we’re all gonna play the game anyways. I’m not, Gloria Victis giong on sale btw 9/10 if u can deal with the bugs.

1 Like

Bring back OG AV!!

3 Likes

I agree. 1.0 is the AV that was in Vanilla longest and is the scenario people think/talk about when they think about Vanilla WoW. Using the one that was only there at the end and is essentially the same one from now is not giving us the authentic Classic experience. Please Blizzard consider putting back in minefields, shredders etc!!!

5 Likes

Blizzard wont listen. I want old AV back too!!

3 Likes

blizzard WILL listen! They gave us RP-PVP realms - wont be long till we get our 1.4AV!

1 Like

signed. we want the hard AV!

2 Likes

I loved the original as well. It felt like a REAL (fantasy) battleground.

1 Like