1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

If it makes you feel better Dawnspirit, i am normally that guy who leads pugs AV and orders people to defend and turtle " NEVER GIVE UP REMEMBER WHAT THE HORDE DID TO OUR PEOPLE" RP and so on.

I am 100% on board with this, anything to save us from the trash that is and has been AV for a LONG time

2 Likes

shrug I think people just underestimate much people will just continue to ignore each other regardless of version. If the human nature is to take the easy path, then the easy path is still ignore the other team and push through the NPCs. The NPCs aren’t players and thus react in pre-scripted ways and thus will be much easier to deal with then players.

I’d rather have more stuff and a zerg than less stuff and a zerg, and modern AV is a lifeless shell filled with unused content.

4 Likes

What you seem incapable of understanding, is that the OG AV mobs and NPCs forced PVP to happen BECAUSE you couldn’t zerg. I am not at all surprised you cannot grasp this, as blizzard themselves are oblivious to it.

13 Likes

you say that but classic is about fun. It is entirely fan service. It shouldn’t be made and designed around the top end competitive people because that isn’t the real classic people want. Things shouldn’t be streamlined. Things should be the original way they were even if it is the most grueling version of it.

7 Likes

The thing is, longer av = People aren’t going to want to zerg as much.

Having STRONK npcs = Longer AV

5 Likes

No that means they forced pve to happen. If I wanted pve I wouldn’t be in a BG in the first place, 1.12 still has too much pve in it.

Wrong. The PVE forced dismounts and pitched battles, where enemy players joined the fray. You could not just zarg past the enemy zerg waving to each other. We have been over this in a multitude of threads, so stop feigning ignorance.

9 Likes

when I think of vanilla AV what I imagine is a WoW version of WW1 trench warfare. This isn’t going to be over quickly. There is a no man’s land.

1 Like

…and the map in 1.5 would HEAVILY favor horde once players figured out how to zerg more effectively. The horde starting cave is MUCH closer to the middle in the 1.5 map than in the 1.11 map.

Yea i can agree to that, Trench warfare without artillery or Machine-guns is insane. People in the Older AV day’s dug in. AV really does give that Warcraft feel, like really Wacraft 3 battles playing out in a map. Mostly besides city raids and organized pvp that are both rare, AV is stand alone in those huge massive battles.

1 Like

Earlier design adds significantly more hurdles to doing it. Saying that it’s not a perfect solution is not an argument against it.

That’s a fallacy.

Unfortunately I do not have control over 10 players. I have control over 1.

Except with the older version most groups wont be able to zerg it, at which point ignoring the other team is a detriment to you rather than a benefit like it is in 1.12.

Earlier design of AV discourages ignoring the other team entirely and makes it not a worthwhile endeavor, while 1.12 encourages doing it.

7 Likes

The brilliance of AV at launch was that it put you in the middle of a war between massive armies, with third-party factions also providing an obstacle to victory. Pre-1.8 AV provided the purest vision of this concept of PvPvE gameplay. But, many players just want fast honor to get reputation rewards, and so that vision was gutted. And many of the later changes seem to have been made with an eye towards the release of TBC, which isn’t necessarily a concern here.

It really is a shame that a self contained Vanilla only experience that Classic is aiming to be can’t reach back and try to capture that original PvPvE vision.

15 Likes

well then perhaps a combining of different versions is in order. I know it isn’t 100% classic but if it was in a later version made in vanilla then I think it would be just fine to move the horde spawn while keeping everything else intact.

1 Like

And if you want to fight, there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from going and fighting the opposite faction in 1.12.

If memory serves, the Horde tunnel wasn’t moved back until Wrath, or another expansion.

How many “minor” elements will they implement? People need to stay vocal before we get garbage like an in-game shop.

2 Likes

This is so wrong. What broke AV was the addition of reinforcements. With that change, AVs became time-limited. We will not have that change in 1.12.

oh well. i guess I will have to smash horde heads harder to counter the imbalance once we get to that point.