1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I really don’t want to have the stupid “race to the general” crap! I was looking forward to AV where there was NPC’s to fight, or the quests that actually gave an advantage. Even the hours long battles to gain territory was awesome!, the slow push back to your base, or advance to the enemy base was so exhilarating, it made the whole AV experience!
Capping and losing mid map GY’s, burning towers, taking over mines, bringing scraps and other reagents to give your side reinforcements, IT WAS SOOOO FUN!

if they go with 1.12 AV, its going to be just boring, a race… over in 20 minutes which is just lame. I’ve been in WG matches that lasted longer then post 1.12 AV. If this is all about farming HK’s then theres 2 other BG’s for that, or WPvP, lots of other ways to get it, but pre 1.12 AV was so epic! Honestly if the player base wants post 1.12 after a while then implement that after; let them experience AV at its peak!

1 Like

How do we know they even have the pre-1.12 AV to give us?

1 Like

The main thing about pre 1.12 AV was the number of NPC’s, walking boss mobs that you couldn’t exactly get past without taking them out, needing to cap GY’s, complete quests, ect. without all that its just a race to the general.

So even if they dont have the exact 1.12, they’ll just need to do some TLC before releasing it, and as I remember (though not 100%) when vanilla came out, AV was postponed a bit so they could make sure it actually worked.

2 Likes

Seriously dude, do you ever stop with this crap? For someone who claims to be pro early AV, you put a huge amount of effort acting every way but supportive of it.

3 Likes

Because I’m not going to ask for something I am not even sure Blizz can deliver? It’s not a question of WILL they, it’s a question of CAN they.

Seriously man, if you can’t tell the difference, maybe you need to go learn how to read other people.

That wall of no you were a part of and claim to have learned your lesson? This is it, this is exactly the crap we had to deal with for over 10 years.

You have zero self awareness. None.

4 Likes

Dude, you’re way too attached to this. You’re being irrational, stubborn, and childish. Not to mention hyperbolic. You’re attacking people who show ANY sign of disagreement with you, and trying to counter their arguments with personal attacks and/or evasive language.

Why should I take you at all seriously?

Laeric maybe you should give it a rest man, i’ve been scrolling through this thread and your literally saying something every second post, and its usually in the negative aspect. its ok to support your own opinion, or others that share your opinion, but you should also be respectful of others opinions. If blizzard is watching this thread, they’re most likely looking for positive input on both why people want pre 1.12 and post 1.12, but just bickering and saying “no it cant be done”

get some back and forth going, of why people want pre or why people want post 1.12

4 Likes

He is a troll.

Blizzard knows what most people want on this. Maybe they can deliver, maybe not.

2 Likes

I’m not trolling. God, why must you apply that label to everyone who disagrees with you? Trolling is a form of bullying. I hate bullying. Why the hell would I want to subject someone else to that?

Just because I think Blizzard lied to us about their reasons for choosing 1.12 AV given certain revelations about their patching process during Vanilla at BlizzCon, does NOT make me a friggin’ troll. I just don’t believe our time should be spent asking for something they in all likelihood cannot give us.

It would be nice though if Blizzard came forward and clarified some things about that post and tried to reconcile it with the information from BlizzCon. DO they have the data for it? DON’T they? We should be asking them that first before we start asking for it. Just a thought.

1 Like

So it should be spent going back and forth about the legitimacy of asking for it? What a colossal waste of time, and now I’m contributing. People are free to ask for an earlier version. I honestly don’t understand this insatiable need some have to silence them. But I also don’t agree with Brokenwind’s response which leads to nothing but petty bickering and accomplishes nothing.

So all we can do is continue to make our feelings known to the devs of why we’d like them to reconsider their decision. If that’s not possible, then fine. But this has been a major issue long before a Blue even made a post about it. It’s obviously something people feel very strongly about. Maybe that will make the devs second guess. Is it likely? Probably not. But I’d say it’s not entirely impossible. They did it once with the content schedule.

Personally, I said my piece and made my case over in the stickied thread. All I can do now is hope.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me I should just stand by and let people waste time making requests with absolutely zero information to tell them their request has even a chance in hell of being considered?

I’m sorry, but I can’t do that in good conscience. I’d much rather we get a straight answer from Blizzard on why they went with 1.12 in the first place, and demand to know if they even have the 1.5 data to begin with, before we even think about asking for 1.5 instead.

Just because they’ve proven the Wall of No wrong about Classic in general, doesn’t mean they suddenly have everything at their disposal. We can’t afford to assume that, given their history with handling patches prior to TBC.

Then again, maybe I’m just a pessimist. Regardless, I’m not trying to silence anyone. Redirect you, maybe. But not silence you. You’ve every right to desire an earlier version of AV.

Laeric you can absolutely stop posting lol, you’re not employed by blizzard or a representative of them, its not your mission to answer peoples questions, you can add to a discussion all you want. But you saying your word is law is quite false; people can say and/or debate that the grass in classic will be blue instead of green if they want, its really not hurting you.

I think thats one reason why people think you’re being a troll, you say

but whenever someone has something to say you seem to post right after them and immediately say something negative about what they said. If you have a difference of opinion that’s fine, everyone will at some point and its what these threads are all about, discussion. But being a negative nancy the entire time doesn’t give anyone favor, maybe try some constructive criticism, like specific reason why (insert topic here) wont work.

Imo, they have the ability to release this game at 1.0, because they where the ones who actually made this game, and they’ve been around since the 90’s. A company that’s this big and has been around for this long is quite possible to do almost anything if they really wanted to. So they most likely can make a 1.5 AV, or tweak it, so is has a medium between 1.5 and 1.12; keeping the NPC’s but reducing their health/melee, idk.

we as players have every right to ask questions about a product that we want to buy, and have used previously, since they want to bring back the original product. It may not be the original recipe, and that’s what we as the consumer need to inform blizz about, how to get it as close as it was before without the new crap taste.

1 Like

You lost me at your first sentence. Now who’s trying to silence who?

by saying you have the ability to stop posting… you’re reading between the lines, and sounding like a troll, which is exactly what I was talking about… ok

1 Like

What time is being wasted? If they want to use their time advocating for something they want it’s none of your concern. Also we have at least a couple couple of months till classic we got nothing but time. You are a troll by the way every one knows it. You sit here and try to play like you want old AV but because you think they dont have the data (not know because they haven’t said exactly what data they have and don’t have) we should all trust I you right? We should just accept the version we don’t want? If they have the data or they dont we still want old AV. Were gonna be here every day asking for it and beating back the trolls that are here like your self.

Let” people waste time? Who hired you as arbiter of time spent on discussions?

Did we have to ask them if they had vanilla data prior to beginning to ask for vanilla back over 10 years ago when we began this journey?

Blizzard created the content we are speaking about. It was not handed down on a couple slabs of rocks to a Moses-type on a mountain. Actual Blizzard employees thought it up, made notes, had meetings, had more meetings, and carefully constructed it, tested it, and released it.

This is not the mystery of Atlantis or how the heck the pyramids were built. It is not the meaning of Stonehenge, nor finding out what actually happened in area 51. It is not something that cannot be recreated as close as orcishly possible.

Imagine all of those posts, but rather than attempting to throw shade on people, you actually discussed the great things about the early versions.

5 Likes

The great things about the early versions have been discussed aplenty, there’s nothing new to be said. I’m just trying to be the voice of reason around here because a bunch of pserver people think creating a version of AV that never existed in the first place (hybrid 1.5-1.12 design) is a good idea. Not to mention asking for something Blizzard probably doesn’t have without asking them if they have it first.

There’s not much to discuss, the differences are well known. Some people prefer the PvE centric 1.5 version of AV and some people prefer the PvP centric 1.12 version.

And some of us have no opinion either way and are just trying to get people to demand a straight answer from Blizzard.