1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Maybe Blizzard got influence by the Nost pserver people to use 1.12 AV?
Even today on pservers with 1.5 AV, AV is still mostly a zerg-fest. There are barely any AV matches during weekdays and on AV weekends, pserver players just mostly zerg them to maximize rewards.

It’s not the AV environment that affects how the game is played, it’s the players. If the players want to zerg AV, nothing will stop that (a small group of veteran AV players can easily punched through NPCs, buffed or not, to get to the boss). If players want to hunker down in the middle of the BG and slug it out for hours, we will get our multi-day AV matches back.

Not sure where you were playing but on my server after they nerfed AV it got zerged in almost every game…

The average game lasted maybe 10 min… Short games when our guild got in all 40 players was 6 min games…

We went straight to Dreck, that was the standard policy; not sure how you’re server was so incapable of doing this because it was flipping easy.

2 Likes

This is truth. Just ignore the folks frantically typing “WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING OM** PLEASE STOP” and you’ll get turtles! Np!

Private servers are not a representative sample of WoW players. They represent a tiny subsection of super-hardcore players, mostly.

So as a result, their zerging patterns are different from what would happen in Classic, because of different demographics. As you point out, a relatively small group (10-20 players) who are veterans and well-geared can punch through and zerg it. On private servers, this is very common to find in any given AV match; on live servers, it would be very rare.

Hmm… I’m perfectly happy to keep paying my 15$ a month.

So you’re saying your full guild or guild heavy zergs were the norm for AV?

No, we are just much more interested than you and actually care about how the game will be. It is called passion, something you seem to have lost.

1 Like

Are you trying to argue that making a game fun isn’t financially worth it for a videogame company? Do you work for EA?

1 Like

That’s one way to look at it.

Another way is … something is happening, for sure. My passion is so that I am still giddy as all get out, even though this sure thing is happening.

Your level of passion seems to drive you to cry. Over something beyond your ability to change. Which children do!

I prefer my level of passion, Hat.

Zerging to drek was the norm dude… It only takes once before people see what can be and then they duplicate it…

Because its really really easy in the late game version.

It might be possible in the early game but given just how many NPC’s there were and how strong they were; don’t think it’s pug possible in the older versions.

The difference is 1.12 av Means the only time I will do it is to get my reputation for the gear. 1.5 I will do regularly because it’s fun

2 Likes

and happy to get the second game for free without having to pay more.

Mate, I can’t tell if you are roleplaying or trolling.

Either way, I will respond to one point:

We got changed the number of phases for the content plan, which is massively larger task than reversing AV changes. Heck, we can go bigger and talk about how we changed Blizzard’s opinion and got them to have Classic WoW in the first place. Passion does result in change. If you stay content with the status quo, that is how you end up with BFA.

Regardless of your insults and mocking attitude, I will never lose my passion. I love WoW, and I’m proud of it.

Then dry those eyes, my fellow adventurer, and embrace 1.12 AV!

What’s kind of hilarious is that it seems like even the current retail WoW players want old-school AV. I’m reading a thread right now with a bunch of them discussing this issue – the people who are cool with 1.12 AV are getting downvoted and most of the comments are in support of pre-1.12 AV. I’m honestly a little shocked.

It’s also really really easy for a handful of people to wreck that zerg early on.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessarily a HUGE mistake since AV is only a small part of the game. However I don’t agree with it. They should have had a Beta or testing for it with a pre-nerfs version and post-nerfs version and determined from that which they would go with.

ROFL… you actually believe that? Have you faced a group of 40 players ever?? You get utterly destroyed if you’re in a “hand full of players” size group…

Blizzard said they don’t have earlier versions beside the 1.8 patch I think at Blizzcon. I think Omar said the database goes back a little earlier than 1.12.

I’m still really surprised people are this upset. They told us at blizzcon we are getting 1.12… it’s like your family said you’re going to Texas for vacation and you’re upset when you don’t go to Disney land.

I’d want to explore the earlier versions of the game. But why are people so shocked that blizzard is doing exactly what they said they would do?

Umm apparently you’ve never done old av lol… it’s very easy for a small group of competent players to wreck any a large group while defending your base