1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I thought it made the honor system work better. Because it was so easy to get your wsg and ab Mark’s. But you’d have to just be on at the right time when the game ended to get yourself some Av mark(s)

I will have way less time now that I am much older and have a job and a kid.

But I’d still rather experience that crazy huge massive battle. Where rogues and druids had hidden fights behind enemy lines and shamans where chain lightning and rallies would charge in and bubble…

It was massive, it was constant, and man would I get my pvp kicks off even if I didn’t win or lose during my session.

I can see though how some may be drained or bummed by it.

I just loved it and thought it was the best thing ever :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s debatable how heavily played the early verisons of AV actually were, that games lasted for weeks doesn’t necessarily mean there were tons of people playing it compared to the other BG’s.

Look at all these people that care about the game :smiley:

2 Likes

On my server, everyone did AV. The honor was fine except when compared to 10 person premades.

The main issue I see is that there were some bug exploits early on, and they might not want to be in the business of fixing those. I think their best bet is to go to whatever version is the last version before the massive removal of NPCs.

Man, I got a little heated in a twink discussion earlier. Thought about it while on a walk. I felt bad. You are right. COMRADES first.

Ty Pin

1 Like

I’ve never played on a private server in my life, don’t even know what that means…

but if I did play on pretty much every vanilla and tbc private server that’s come out in the past 4 years I would tell you that I am well aware of those things and do not support or condone them in any way, pretty sure I have a meme on my phone of Shenna selling character sheets

People didn’t just suddenly stop playing AV as new versions came out with less things. And don’t forget 1.12 had Cross realm BGs which meant it was far easier for low pop and unbalanced servers to get BGs going.

2 Likes

Some people loved AV before the changes…

Some people hated AV before the changes.

Some people loved AV after the changes.

Some people hated AV after the changes.

Without a real survey in real time it’s kinda impossible to really know…

But if you look at the forum as a representation of the player base as merely a simple sample… Then it’s kinda obvious what version people actually love the most…

1 Like

Is the wall hop glitch fixed in 1.12?

1 Like

“The Developers choice” is why retail WoW is in the state it’s currently in, which caused people to scream and petition for classic.

History is repeating itself. The devs are making bad decisions all over again.

They did not learn from their past mistakes, AT ALL.

This is supposed to a version of WoW for the fans who wanted an authentic classic experience, not the developers idea of what classic is.

This is supposed to be OUR version of the game, not theirs.

1 Like

So, you understand that those things happened. You never played on a private server, so when you said:

What’s sad is that basement dwelling Russians have been doing what blizzard is about to do for like 15 years

You were being extremely unreasonable, no?

Edit: I GOT IT!

I don’t think so if you are referring to the horde side wall, the horde can still walk into the ally base as well I think

this forum sucks lol, but i’ll figure it out

Ah, gotcha. ty.

Agreed. When most people talk about 1.5 AV this is essentially what they’re asking for…

The version that most people talk about hating is the version that was late Vanilla that just got zerged in 6 min because it was 100% possible to do so.

3 Likes

Yeah, that one :frowning:

I was not referring to corrupt practices by private server hosts, I was referring to simply relaunching the game so people could play it after not allowing people to play it for so long… people have been hosting servers for years and all of the sudden it’s super generous for blizzard to relaunch servers… this is past due

2 Likes

You excited, Shimy?

You get tingles a little?

1 Like

Yes but it upsets me when I think about how it won’t be like classic at all

I’m excited. I’m amazed to see this thread so active.