1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I do think they’re a troll.

This thread isn’t going to go anywhere. I had moved my position from a strict 1.12 to a progressive AV release with the changes experienced in Vanilla. But they want 1.5 or nothing. Despite 1.5 only existing for 35 days without changes.

They don’t even talk about other peoples points. It’s always “you didn’t play it so you don’t know.” Well I guess no one is able to write history books or teach history because I know my teachers and professors weren’t born in the 1400s, so they have no first-hand experience. :slight_smile:

This thread isn’t going to go anywhere. They’re preying on each new post bashing down any sense of the discussion. It’s sad really because I think we could honestly reach a nice middle ground.

I was certainly moving in the other direction when people provided posts about their experiences and not bashing my lack thereof.

Yet more falsehood. I have repeatedly pointed to 1.7 as the high water mark. This is how little you actually read and understand those who you are arguing against.

Getting a decent version for a couple months compared to getting the bad version for infinity is not “middle ground”.

At this point I truly could not care less what you get behind.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

1 Like

1.5 or 1.7, you’re not going to have either at CP6. That’s a given. If you want to have 1.5 or 1.7 for any length of time, start a new campaign to have progressive AV. It would be achievable and we’d all get behind it.

I tried progressive AV, with Prufinnor. Shot down immediately. Zero room for discussion. They’re almost as stubborn as a Tauren you may know. :slight_smile:

But at least the Tauren isn’t insulting and has moved my position on AV. I actually credit him to moving from a strict 1.12 to a progressive AV to have that experience. He gave some really good reasons and provided some first hand experience in the early AV topics.

That pretty much sums up my position.

1 Like

Cool. We get that. You’re not going to get that, pretty much guaranteed.

Yes you told me repeatedly.

You got upset when I threw Blizzard quotes at you. So I tried other points of argument, such as length of existence. Player mindset being the same. Progressive AV.

Every time I tried to change up my argument. You refused and dismissed. You though provide the exact same arguments. And they’re not even first-hand experiences. It’s just insulting others who want something different. It’s not nice.

Boy, why would someone get upset at the return of the “Wall of No: AV Edition”?

See the Carl Sagan response.

?
Player mindset is vastly different than it was during 1.7, during 1.12 and during the current incarnation of the game. What is your point? If anything the current player mindset is full throttle path of least resistance, and you want the AV with the least resistances.

You have yet to give an actual argument as to what about 1.5-1.7 would detract from your experience, making you argue against it.

I do not need different arguments. My goalpost has not wavered.

How do you figure?

Oh, is that what it is? You stated it wouldn’t matter to you if they gave us the early version. Yet you argue against those who DO care about the differences.

Your tossing shade and building yet another wall-of-no results in people not seemingly acting “nice” toward you.

2 Likes

It should be Version 1.0 Alterac Valley.

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant and you know it, play fair or will not converse. (you conveniently also leave out the fact that it was the last patch for the base game, meaning it went longer then other patches because it was the last before an x-pac)

Right, my point was the longest AV was the Classic one, nothing more nothing less.

From the looks of it 1.10 to 1.12 it was 252 days, from 1.5 to 1.9 it was 294.

What? Ignorant whining?

1 Like

Just to note their reply was fair.
Responded to a “you remind me of” with a “you remind me of”.
And to be honest with Luuni here, in the blue thread on this I’ve debated if that poster was trolling or not due to their use of Kettle Logic. Good example goes right with their point that was mentioned in what you’re replying to. “Not saying it is better” when that very argument was used in the blue post thread by them.

Now I am not gonna call Luuni a troll, I won’t go so far, but to come to a conclusion as such is no surprise especially with the stalemate arguments in these threads. Don’t get me wrong, just stating basics, not selectively targeting you or Luuni or anything just clarifying.

1 Like

Not sure why I am in this thread now, gone out of my way to avoid it for over 250 replies. So this seems to be where I get lumped in with other arguments I don’t agree with because I agree with the same conclusion. . . Interesting.

But as I’ve stated in the other thread, Classic was stated to be a museum piece in which we get the general “Vanilla Experience” in. That to choose 1.5 AV over 1.12 AV would be to align it better with the overall Classic idea as when compared the two often resemble the varying differences between Classic and Current with 1.5 being like Classic and 1.12 being like Current.

1 Like

To an extent. However, “you must be a troll” is Pruffinor’s go-to excuse for being unable to respond to legitimate replies. Its not just a single quote, they’re doing it on any thread that results in them being unable to hold up their idea without disagreement. The other go-to is “Make your own thread”.

If you need more convincing why the ORIGINAL Alterac Valley is needed, watch this Wowcrendor video “Back in my day”

When the game was better

5 Likes

Wait, Darkmoon Faire is a portal?? When did that happen.

You could be right, I cannot argue with what I have no knowledge of. I’m not going back over the past 250 posts since I’ve responded to this thread to see that, especially how I’ve been lumped with some negative arguments because of this thread.

I won’t argue either way, but I will say that I judge the situation based on the context of the direct replies there. My experience in this thread and others lately has been too lacking to make a judgment, my main knowledge is that they agree with me in general in the blue thread while Luuni has constantly dropped points and picked new ones up to the point of even contradicting their self to keep the argument going.

Only for when I finally called it out after like 10 or so replies I got another poster spewing ad hominem and baseless assumptions in reaction to me calling that out.

It’s been like that since I think either Cata or MoP.

It’s a huge instanced island now.

I just don’t know why other than the people that want to grind rep super quick and not care about it again want 1.12. There’s parts of the map missing npcs are gone what’s left is nerfed almost to irrelevance. I want to experience the av from the old war stories. At the very least blizz should come out and say if they have the data or not. If they don’t have it came out and say ok were going to see how popular classic is and if it warrants spending money we will make an older version of av for weekly events or something that’s at least something.

2 Likes