1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

So you’re telling me I should just stand by and let people waste time making requests with absolutely zero information to tell them their request has even a chance in hell of being considered?

I’m sorry, but I can’t do that in good conscience. I’d much rather we get a straight answer from Blizzard on why they went with 1.12 in the first place, and demand to know if they even have the 1.5 data to begin with, before we even think about asking for 1.5 instead.

Just because they’ve proven the Wall of No wrong about Classic in general, doesn’t mean they suddenly have everything at their disposal. We can’t afford to assume that, given their history with handling patches prior to TBC.

Then again, maybe I’m just a pessimist. Regardless, I’m not trying to silence anyone. Redirect you, maybe. But not silence you. You’ve every right to desire an earlier version of AV.

Laeric you can absolutely stop posting lol, you’re not employed by blizzard or a representative of them, its not your mission to answer peoples questions, you can add to a discussion all you want. But you saying your word is law is quite false; people can say and/or debate that the grass in classic will be blue instead of green if they want, its really not hurting you.

I think thats one reason why people think you’re being a troll, you say

but whenever someone has something to say you seem to post right after them and immediately say something negative about what they said. If you have a difference of opinion that’s fine, everyone will at some point and its what these threads are all about, discussion. But being a negative nancy the entire time doesn’t give anyone favor, maybe try some constructive criticism, like specific reason why (insert topic here) wont work.

Imo, they have the ability to release this game at 1.0, because they where the ones who actually made this game, and they’ve been around since the 90’s. A company that’s this big and has been around for this long is quite possible to do almost anything if they really wanted to. So they most likely can make a 1.5 AV, or tweak it, so is has a medium between 1.5 and 1.12; keeping the NPC’s but reducing their health/melee, idk.

we as players have every right to ask questions about a product that we want to buy, and have used previously, since they want to bring back the original product. It may not be the original recipe, and that’s what we as the consumer need to inform blizz about, how to get it as close as it was before without the new crap taste.

1 Like

You lost me at your first sentence. Now who’s trying to silence who?

by saying you have the ability to stop posting… you’re reading between the lines, and sounding like a troll, which is exactly what I was talking about… ok

1 Like

What time is being wasted? If they want to use their time advocating for something they want it’s none of your concern. Also we have at least a couple couple of months till classic we got nothing but time. You are a troll by the way every one knows it. You sit here and try to play like you want old AV but because you think they dont have the data (not know because they haven’t said exactly what data they have and don’t have) we should all trust I you right? We should just accept the version we don’t want? If they have the data or they dont we still want old AV. Were gonna be here every day asking for it and beating back the trolls that are here like your self.

Let” people waste time? Who hired you as arbiter of time spent on discussions?

Did we have to ask them if they had vanilla data prior to beginning to ask for vanilla back over 10 years ago when we began this journey?

Blizzard created the content we are speaking about. It was not handed down on a couple slabs of rocks to a Moses-type on a mountain. Actual Blizzard employees thought it up, made notes, had meetings, had more meetings, and carefully constructed it, tested it, and released it.

This is not the mystery of Atlantis or how the heck the pyramids were built. It is not the meaning of Stonehenge, nor finding out what actually happened in area 51. It is not something that cannot be recreated as close as orcishly possible.

Imagine all of those posts, but rather than attempting to throw shade on people, you actually discussed the great things about the early versions.

5 Likes

The great things about the early versions have been discussed aplenty, there’s nothing new to be said. I’m just trying to be the voice of reason around here because a bunch of pserver people think creating a version of AV that never existed in the first place (hybrid 1.5-1.12 design) is a good idea. Not to mention asking for something Blizzard probably doesn’t have without asking them if they have it first.

There’s not much to discuss, the differences are well known. Some people prefer the PvE centric 1.5 version of AV and some people prefer the PvP centric 1.12 version.

And some of us have no opinion either way and are just trying to get people to demand a straight answer from Blizzard.

Blizzard has given us a straight answer we’re getting 1.12.

They didn’t give us a straight answer about why. What they said in that post did NOT match up with what was said at BlizzCon about data loss, at all.

Sounded pretty clear to me, they’re using 1.12 in general because they feel it’s the best version of vanilla and that includes AV.

And yet at BlizzCon they said that 1.12 was the earliest complete Vanilla data they had access to because of how previous patches were handled. So which is the truth?

You seriously can’t see how none of this adds up? It’s been bugging the crap out of me ever since that post was made.

Classic is literally a hybrid version of vanilla WoW. You are a happy proponent of sharding, creating a version of vanilla that never existed. Yet you at every opportunity toss shade on early AV.

That bolded italicized part? Do you not see how utterly Wall of No that is once again? Again you have zero self awareness when you do that, even when pointed out to you repeatedly.

1 Like

Whatever you want, dude. I’m done trying to reason with you.

I’ve got it! I figured it out! Laeric is just a Bfa dev who doesnt want us to change wow! Pfft I’m like a detective…

2 Likes

You are not trying to reason, you are trying to stifle.

1 Like

LMFAO!

Oh, sister, if only. If I was a BFA dev BFA wouldn’t even begin to be the crap-pile it is now, and we’d have the pre-Cata world back on retail.

I don’t recall that, what I recall is them saying that 1.12 is what they consider to be the most complete version of vanilla so that’s what they’re using.

1 Like

You see, that attitude is why we can’t even begin to get along, Broken. I’m not trying to stifle anyone. I’ve told you all on multiple occasions that desiring 1.5 is valid. I just think maybe we should see what Blizzard actually has first before we ask for anything. If you aren’t capable of seeing that as reasonable, then I don’t know why I’m wasting my time even responding to you.