Free Character Transfers Now Available -- WoW Classic Era

I have Alliance on Grob; Horde on DD. Based on this implementation, I have to abandon half of my toons (can’t have cross-faction toons on a particular PvP server).

Why not offer two selections to transfer to?

I would have preferred the connected realm route to this (to save names) but at least give us an option to two servers.

Edit: Almost none of my names are available on Whitemane. Honestly, screw this implementation. I will stick with TBC. Like, how hard would it have been to simply connect more realms together? It’s really just incompetence at this point.

2 Likes

You only gave limited servers a free transfer that takes them Off their cluster. You are improving Whitemane and Mankriks cluster while destroying every other one. Your goal is to force the others not on free xfer to pay to join those that left. This decision destroys the community within the game on those lost servers.

3 Likes

looking like we finally have some semblance of community on whitemaine cluster you guys should join so we can actually all have a server to play on

2 Likes

Whelp, they made this whole service absolutely useless. Some servers on our cluster are not eligible, such as Earthfury, so why would anyone want to split the community they have if it’s working?

1 Like

Are there any plans to merge some realms?

There are 4 US West realms, and three of them are smaller than Remulos or Atiesh (one of the realms getting a free transfer). Combined, Old Blanchy, Myzeral, and Azuresong have a population of around 9K raiders (compared to 8K on Atiesh and 10K on Mankrik.

If there are no plans to merge realms, wouldn’t it have made more sense to allow free transfers for the US West realms to one (Atiesh)?

I’ve edited the original post to include all connected realms. All listed realms have Free Character Transfers available.

5 Likes

Thanks for the updated list but the actual service for some of the realms don’t work yet. Not sure if this is a known issue at this time.

I can say with certainty that Earthfury, Skeram, Stalagg, and Thalnos transfers are not working right now for that cluster.

So, if I have Horde on one low pop PvP realm and Alliance on another low pop PvP realm, and the only destination realm is Whitemane, I’m screwed, right?

Would have been much better to just do more connections.

2 Likes

I believe that is a bit of the beauty in this solution. I admit I was foolishly pushing for outright merges and I didn’t know how to go about it to also allow Grobb to be left alone. By allowing transfers, the choice is squarely on the player and you can absolutely stay on Grobb with no issues. It is effectively letting each player choose which community to play on while designating a main pvp and main pve server. It’s brilliant. Late and not as effective as it could have been, but brilliant nonetheless.

How long do you intend to keep the free transfers open?

6 Likes

Im on Herod and currently its giving me an error when I try to use the free transfer to Whitemane. Anyone know of a fix? The error is: Please select a different realm and the selected realm is not accepting character transfers at this time.

Not necessarily. What you can do is have one faction of characters free transfer to Whitemane and have your other faction of free characters do a paid transfer to one of the merged realms (Arcanite Reaper, Fairbanks, etc). In that way you can have all your characters on both factions on the single merged realm where everyone else will be.

As far as the names issue, you can have them on one of the other merged servers that are merged with Whitemane and still have your character names. Might need to do a bit of scouting and making level 1 alts, but the choice is in your hands.

I believe they haven’t hotfixed the actual connection allowance yet. May need to wait for them to apply the fix shortly or tomorrow for it to work.

As of now, you are kinda screwed for free transfers-wise as you can only take the free transfer on one faction but not the other. If you want, however, you can still pay the $25 to transfer the other faction character to any of the PVP realms Whitemane is currently connected to, Thunderfury, Rattlegore, Fairbanks, Kurinaxx, Blaumeux, Anathema. Situation may change if/when Blizz allows free transfers to all Whitemane connected realms, cited above.

In my opinion this is Blizzard preparing for fresh. Consolidate the existing player base into 1 PvE realm and 1 PvP realm that will stay in P6 forever, just like any private server has done. And then start fresh realms that will merge with the P6 realms at the end of the fresh cycle.

6 Likes

Why would you add Old Blanchy to this list? We have a pretty stable population that doesn’t need shrinking?

1 Like

Bingo, the small servers will likely get closed eventually and then re-used to launch fresh classic versions.

Yeah that’s my understanding

I don’t want to brag but that is exactly why I decided to reroll an alliance on the pve cluster.

So are transfers from Old Blanchy to Mankrik not set up yet? I’m getting:

Error: please address these issues:

• Please select a different realm.
  • The selected realm is not accepting character transfers at this time.

Having the same isssue-- Cannot transfer from Azuresong PVE → Mankrik PVE
Error. Please address these issues:
-Please select a different realm.
-The selected realm is not accepting character transfers at this time.