110-120 heirlooms need a huge boost

At the moment the azerite quest armor is MUCH stronger. The heirlooms are at 224 ilvl which is very low, plus you lose the azerite traits on top of that. The heirlooms are expensive and only for 10 levels, I don’t see the problem with making them stronger than the azerite armor.

36 Likes

I think heirlooms should be more powerful than anything you can get out in the world. Right now it feels like a downgrade in power, and I don’t think the exp boost makes up for that.

21 Likes

Helm, shoulders, and chest should be ilvl 280 when you’re 110 and go to 285 at 115.

That would even things out. You miss out on the traits but the stat boost would make up for it.

8 Likes

I guess since heirlooms have secondary stats, they are trying to balance around that fact. I agree they feel a bit weak right now, I think they should be buffed to at least the item level of azerite armor.

3 Likes

I agree. I made a thread about this yesterday and people were saying that heirlooms are just for the xp but there is no xp bonus on the necklaces, weapons, nor trinkets. And the weapons cost more to upgrade than everything else. I think an item level boost would be fair. It’s kind of disappointing coming across questing gear that’s better than my heirlooms after spending thousands of gold on them.

14 Likes

I disagree. Azerite armor is the big thing this expac, it should be better than your looms.

That’s like saying the heirloom weps should have been better than your artifact during legion.

Keep using your legs and cloak that’s enough of a boost. Or just take the lower performing.

4 Likes

Not to mention if your ilvl is low enough you’ll kill things slower, which means an experience bonus just makes up for your weakness.

3 Likes

So you think being weaker for more experience makes sense?

Being weaker offsets the experience bonus that you get by making you level slower, plus trivializes the enormous cost that goes into getting the heirlooms in the first place.

6 Likes

Right now? Yes.

Like I said, Azerite armor is the big thing this expac. It’s the equivalent of a talent row/set bonus just like the artifact weps were.

You are choosing a slight XP boost over that, and that’s your choice to make.

Take off the training wheels and use azerite armor like the rest of us did up until this point.

3 Likes

You have to have leveled to use heirlooms in the first place, plus it costs a lot of money and is weaker, so how exactly is that “training wheels”? Your argument makes zero sense.

9 Likes

How is wearing armor that you worked to earn training wheels…and what’s the point of the heirloom armor if you’re expected to wear azerite armor anyway? If that were the case, the heirloom armor should not exist at all.

And azerite armor is the big thing, so it should be stronger at level 120, the point of heirloom armor is for leveling, so it should be strong at least until you are max level

8 Likes

That’s why many said don’t bother upgrading your heirloom helm, shoulders, or head. Spend it on the rest.

this may be the silliest argument i’ve ever heard lol

heirloom armor that you payed a crapton of money to buy, that literally requires max level to get and yet is WEAKER than azerite armor while leveling is training wheels?

4 Likes

This happens every single expansion. This isn’t new. They don’t end up on par with gear until four-ish levels into that content.

1 Like

Well it needs to change now. Why can’t heirlooms be stronger to regular gear for the entire 10 levels? Isn’t the entire point of the gear to help level faster?

3 Likes

It’s an algorithm that I have a feeling they don’t know how to change. Gear at 110 in Legion is maxed at one ilevel and then in BfA it jumps higher. But the algorithm for the heirlooms just gradually goes up and doesn’t skip those ilevels in-between.

1 Like

I think they lowered the power of heirlooms in the legion patch that added level scaling, so I know it’s possible for them to tweak the scaling, but maybe they don’t know how to change so that it scales differently at higher levels.

They lowered it overall, not point by point. So it’s still the same algorithm with slightly lower numbers.

The problem is that the power jump from the end of one expansion into the beginning of a new one can’t be calculated correctly with a normal algorithm that doesn’t jump with it.

I think there’s a list of the ilevels and how it works on Wowhead or somewhere to give you a better idea if you’re interested.

Could they change it? Probably. Will they? Well… they haven’t in three or four expansions. :confused:

Heirlooms should ALWAYS be stronger than regular leveling gear, I don’t really see how this can be argued against. Why should I have to spend so much money for something for weaker gear than what I can normally get? The experience bonus doesn’t mean anything if I take twice as long to kill anything and die all the time.

7 Likes

Heirlooms used to make you completely beast mode. They got nerfed in item squishes so people couldnt breeze through content. Blizzard thinks people speeding through alts won’t stay subbed as long.

Heirlooms should not only carry +2-4 ilvl more than the highest possible ilvl for the toons current level wearing them, but they should also have a built in set bonus system to further empower them. Wearing heirlooms should make you the best of the best at lower levels. That’s the entire original point behind them anyway. You have cool ultra powerful items that level with you because you’ve been there and done that.

8 Likes