110-120 Heirlooms are undertuned

Another victim of the garbage azerite system.

6 Likes

depends on the intent.

I think one reason for release so soon (iirc legions loom upgrades came later on like 7.2) was to get some bitter vets to come off their WoD/Legion gold. This…won’t be happening as much possibly as this is not the first thread on this.

Mix in BFA not so great (to some) an expac and even people like me who say screw it…I got 20 to blow won’t blow it here to token it to sell for quick gold.

I don’t rush BFA as it leads to a wall. Wall of repeated content. With no reward. legion I do repeated content…but for new class order halls/mounts lol. Something changes there. Some classes you can solo smash even the dungeons needed in legion at like 115.

I don’t think that “garbage” carries enough weight to describe the Azerite system.

3 Likes

not only that but azerite traits as well

Heirloom upgrades announced in Legion. People run out and buy lots of tokens with real money to upgrade their heirlooms. Nerfs after a month. A lot of people who wouldn’t have upgraded if they’d known were suckered in.

I was wondering how they were going to stealth carry nerfing heirlooms out again in BfA. I had the feeling they would though.

2 Likes

They’re not meant to have the same stat allocation as regular gear. Blizzard has stated this recently. The XP boost they give allows blizzard to give them a lower stat value. This is intended.

I’m sure you can find the blue post somewhere around here.

here’s the quote

When you hit 115 to 116 it does not matter what gear you are wearing, it’a all feels really bad because of ilvl scaling.

3 Likes

So it was intended to be a hard nerf.

I pity the poor soul who has to heal a level 116 heirloom tank.

2 Likes

Isn’t it weird how they seem to do just enough to make it a little less than fun…

So they intended heirloom gear to be a nerf? I don’t see the point of that at all…

They should eliminate all heirlooms and just have a XP tabard.

3 Likes

At low levels, they were supposed to be as good as a Blue Piece of Gear.

Dunno what happened there.

But the difference between low levels and 110-120 is low levels are still a faceroll, heirlooms or not.

Going forward they should be fine. Next expansion Azerite will be disabled or at least nurf’d to the ground. Not to mention a stat squish.

While you can buy them and use them now, it doesn’t seem right that heirlooms should be the equivalent of current gear.

Well that’s going to be pointless, guess they just didn’t want us levelling our alts quicker. Most of my 110-120 are probably going to stay in BFA gear, even if I did go out and use a lot of gold on it (Mostly to upgrade the ones I never got around to though). The 100-120 ones can work, but probably keep the artifact weapons because it does seem to work better. I guess basically anything under 100 can do it, above you might as well forget it, unless you want to take longer killing something

I always used the low level heirlooms just for the xp bonus. I never even look at the stats. That never mattered as long as I could get the xp faster… even if it was only 40%. After 60, I just went with all loot upgrades like most people that play.

Seems like the heirloom weapons would definitely be a good choice as weapon drops are very rare while leveling… and for a while after, actually.

I havent had any trouble leveling an alt with looms through BfA content… he’s almost 119 now.

1 Like

this really is BS. my regular chest has 246 agility, regular helm has 235 agility - close to 500 agility. heirlooms have 87 each - 170 altogether. i’m totally under-geared in this content.

2 Likes

but only the loom cloak will give you quest xp bonus…