11/13/19 issues with log ins - FIOS NJ and Other ISPs

There is no work around. I just got off the phone with FIOS and they checked everything on my end, which turned up fine of course. But, they had connectivity issues with Blizzard services, so they were seeing the connection requests timeout on their end as well. Their network team forwarded a ticket to Blizzard, so hopefully Blizzard actually fixes the problem, instead of ignoring it like they are right now.

Seriously, it takes 20 seconds to write up a quick tweet, recognizing the issue, but they can’t even be bothered.

2 Likes

north jersey, fios… ongoing past 2 days

Hey all,

It looks like Verizon FIOS users on the East coast is the common denominator here. There may be a routing issue between the Verizon backbone and our servers that’s causing these connectivity issues.

[Edited: Removed request for information - because Verizon Fios uses ipv6 to your house, these tests do not show usable data.]

When posting the WinMTR results highlight the entire post and hit the </> button for Preformatted text which will make it easier to read and allow links in the results.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 250 | 250 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 0 | 250 | 250 | 4 | 14 | 390 | 10 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud ProviderPreformatted text

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home - 0 | 303 | 303 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 0 | 303 | 303 | 1 | 4 | 41 | 2 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Sat on a 90% done loading screen for the 5 minutes that this ran by the way.

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |  139 |  139 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 |  139 |  139 |    1 |    4 |   43 |    6 |

yea im not sure these test results are painting the right picture. as far as i understand this, it doesnt look like there is any packet loss, and for the most part the latency is OK. yet we get stuck at logins, character loads and usually when we get in, the game will work OK for a little and then out of nowhere DC - people running in place, UNKNOWN player names, simple functions not working in game like clicking on a spell

3 Likes

I started having this issue all day yesterday and today. This morning I got an email from Verizon that they updated my router to use Self Organizing Network (SON). So maybe it is an issue with this router software being rolled out?

Fios in NJ

so after this “rollout” are u still having issues? i didnt get this email unfortunately

Yes still having issues today

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |  281 |  281 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    0 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 |  281 |  281 |    4 |   10 |   71 |   10 |
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider >>

**video of this issue here: h t t p s://streamable.com/61k53 (remove spaces)

| WinMTR statistics |

| testwifi.here - 0 | 503 | 503 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |

| 74-124-162-1-dynamic.northstate.net - 0 | 503 | 503 | 1 | 1 | 7 | 1 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 0 | 503 | 503 | 31 | 31 | 43 | 31 |

Alendii would u mind editing ur post, highlighting everything and pressing </> then save?

I thought I was going crazy…trying everything here, until I came across this forum. NJ here as well, South Jersey (Clayton) and yes, have Fios. Issue started yesterday 11/13/19 around 930ish AM, still having issues today. Mostly I get to the login screen, where it displays everything except my characters and their ‘homeland’ background. When I do manage to logon, I better stay in one area, because if I were to go from Legion content to BFA content, it’ll load 3/4 of the way and then just freeze.

3 Likes

Fios, South Jersey, having the same aforementioned problems. Stuck at loading screens, not able to zone into instances, and sometimes stuck on the “Logging into Game Server” before the character list. I’ve been having noticeable issues since yesterday (11/13/19), and the issue does not seem to be resolved. Scan and Repair does nothing for this issue, but I am also able to log onto other Blizzard games. I’m hoping this issue gets resolved soon

Still issues. I have flushed the DNS, rebooted the router, all my drivers and OS are updated, etc.

These are 3 different ones. All three tests have addons disabled. I had to force close the client each time. First one is the game being run from an HDD. The second two are from a SSD. These are both on the same desktop. I have a brand new gaming laptop I used briefly yesterday to test if it might be a hardware issue on my end but had the same problems on that so, its not a hardware problem.

First is me being able to log in to the game. I was able to hear sounds but couldnt move at all. The game was completely frozen.

Second WinMTR is logging in and sitting at the main screen (before the character screen) with the “logging in to game server” message on screen.

The third I got to the character screen and then started WinMTR. Got stuck at 75% loading into the game for the duration.

/|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home - 0 | 323 | 323 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 0 | 323 | 323 | 5 | 9 | 192 | 9 |

| WinMTR statistics |

| Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home - 0 | 277 | 277 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 0 | 277 | 277 | 5 | 9 | 82 | 33 |

| WinMTR statistics |

| Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home - 0 | 138 | 138 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 0 | 138 | 138 | 5 | 8 | 55 | 11 |

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider/

Like someone else posted, I dont think this test is accurately able to show you our issues.

in Texas having the same problem as you all. Using AT&T. Have tried to log into three different severs the last 1 hr. Will make it all the way to charatcer selection screen on all three and then DC’d.

In SE GA (Xfinity) stuck at loading screen after selecting character. Disconnects after several minutes. Wash rinse repeat.

Come on blizzard/verizon PLEASE im about to miss lord kazzak kill over this…

One of the NJ Verizon techs probably stuffed a porkroll, egg and cheese sandwich in a switch and broke the whole thing…