11/13/19 issues with log ins - FIOS NJ and Other ISPs

Welcome back to another night of stuck at logging into game servers.

I haven’t been able to get on, is it happening again?

1. I could not log into Retail, Classic, Overwatch or even Diablo 3.
  2. 9PM-12AM EST on 11/18, 8AM-10AM EST on 11/13, 9PM-11PM EST on 11/12. It hasn’t happened during the afternoon or evening for me yet just the night and morning.
  3. Win 10
  4. Quantum Gateway Router. Fios-G1100
  5. Haven’t tried enabling IPv6, will update next time around although I’d rather there not be a next time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I played all day the other day and then when 6pm Est came I got knocked off and then had issues since. It’s only in the evening. I uninstalled twitch and tried everything nothing works. Also, I am not a Verizon, but At&t customer. Not sure what the issue.

1. Only play wow classic at the moment, but that’s where I have the issue
  2. I only play at night, so hard to say, but it seems like when I initially log on around 10pm EST all is good for a little bit and gets steadily worse until a full disconnect.
  3. Win 10, I rolled back WIN 10 latest update and was able to log back on last night. After doing numerous other troubleshooting techniques (remove all addons, resetting router, flushing DNS, repairing game, uninstalling, etc) the only thing that seemed to jive with the time frame from when my issues started was the latest windows update patch from last week. Curious if the issue will resurface tonight.
  4. On a fios quantum gateway. I’m in central NJ and it seems like a lot of NJ fios customers on this thread. My playing partner is in north NJ on FIOS and has same issue the other night.
  5. Didn’t try flipping between ipv4/ipv6

Been having disconect issues for about a week now. 3 family members on 3 different PC’s. Tried a vpn seems to be working for now. At least for 2 of us. Daughter does have an older PC so could be something else on hers. The issue i have is i should not have to use a vpn to play one game. and im in iowa. Seems more people are having this issue.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all of the new info posted so far. We definitely appreciate it and we are doing what we can to see that this is resolved for our Verizon NJ fans. :slight_smile:

Our network team hasn’t been able to identify the issue within the Blizzard network thus far. They have reached out to Telia (our peering partner between Blizzard and Verizon in NJ) to have this investigated from the Telia side, and Telia has contacted Verizon about this as well.

We believe the issue is only occurring between Verizon NJ and our Central US data center, and not occurring when players connect to a realm hosted on the Western US data center.

If/when the issue returns:

• Please reply and confirm which server you are connecting to
  • Does creating a new level 1 character on a Western US realm* allow you to connect and play without issues?

*Western US realm examples:
Kilrogg for WoW BFA
Atiesh for WoW Classic

1 Like

Was good for a day. Happening again right now. Locked up and died.

Created a level 1 on Kilrogg. Its laggy but not as bad as Stormrage.

For what it’s worth, when the problem arises, I don’t have the ability to even select a different realm if I wanted to try another character, or to create a new one. Clicking on “Change Realm” immediately gives me a message that I’ve been disconnected. This is on Retail.

2 Likes

Same thing as what Guz said. It wont let you select another realm. Thats actually when the wow error message comes up. You get logged on but you just get a black screen for the character select with all the buttons. As soon as you hit change realm, error message.

Edit: this is also on retail.

Im on Skullcrusher and Dragonmaw realms. And it happened on both

1 Like

The last 2-3 days have been good on my end. Not sure if something changed but thanks for looking into it

1 Like

Still unable to get into retail w fios -_-

surprised at how many other nj wow players there are.

Thank you for the continued reports :slight_smile: Our team has made some recent changes in the last day or so. Please let us know if this has helped for you!

For anyone still experiencing issues, could you provide the following?

1 Like

Tried this morning at it worked! :slight_smile: I’ll try during my normal play times to see if it reoccurs.

this problem pops up again right now. NNJ with Verizon

Same, but I think this one is a DDOS attack though.

yeah, this is crazy sargeras realm has alot of strange latency

The previous instance of this issue we were working on has been resolved for a bit. We were having login issues a few days ago when this thread got bumped so it was most likely related to those issues instead of what we’ve been doing with this thread previously.

Since we’ve gone so long without reports I’m going to leave this thread open for a bit just in case, but we’ll likely close this down shortly so we don’t confuse the old issue with any new ones.

2 posts were split to a new topic: 2/29/2020 - Verizon FIOS connection report