11/13/19 issues with log ins - FIOS NJ and Other ISPs

Can confirm many of the same issues. Burlington County, Fios customer.

So far just WoW showing issues as far as the disconnects but happening on both retail and classic.

Intermittent times but seemingly mostly during “peak” times. Weekday evenings, sometimes on weekends.

Running W10 but experience the same on a MBP on MacOS Catalina

Experienced issues with both the Fios Gateway router as well as an Amplifi setup first run from the gateway router and now as a stand-alone router.

Can also confirm issue exists with both v4 and v6.

I would have intermittent success with restarting the router but gut feeling says with intermittent issues causing the disconnects, my reset was timing up with the connection working and giving a placebo effect.

Will blizzard give me a fix or refund game time atleast? This is unbearable and no this ain’t my internet!

1. This has only affected Classic WOW so far. No issues connecting to retail WOW
  2. Started 11/13, usually in the evenings between 9-11pm EST. On saturday 11/16 it happened around 8PM and was resolved by 9pm, but this has pretty much happened every day I have tried to play.
  3. Windows 7
  4. Verizon provided router, can check model when I get home
  5. Did not test, can check when I get home
  1. Only World of Warcraft (retail)

2. Latency spikes well over a month. Issues connecting to game server and greyed out character screen: Sunday 11/17 approx 11pm-1am then stopped trying. Monday 11/18 all day with the exception of 1 successful log in at 1am.

3. Windows 10

4. Verizon FIOS G1100

5. I have no idea. I have not attempted to switch settings since my last (successful) log in.

Starting again for today :upside_down_face:

Edit, cleared up quickly this time. Maybe 3:15-3:25.

am also from Jersey City,NJ and i have Fios. am grtting stuck at “Logging into game server”. The problem just started sunday

Was hoping to play later today…I’m guessing based off everyone’s comments this has not been resolved.

I haven’t had any issues so far yet all day today. I did get disconnected around 4pm though yesterday but was able to get back in pretty quick. I’m in Jersey City.

1 it seems to be jus classic wow

2.it doesnt seem to happen at a specific time

3.windows 10
4.verzions fios model router that they ask ( sorry am at work atm and am gonna hate to go home tonight to raid wait a 1 hour Q jus for this problem to happen again and then be placed on a 2 hour Q ON A RAID Night )
5. am not even sure what that is

ill call fios today and send them the think to this post and ask for a refund for thr following month which is the only reason i have them is for gaming and high speed. if they give me any trouble while they fix the problem am looking for a different monoply provider. in jersey city they only allow fios or xfinity >.< … fios musta changed something this month.

FiOS gigabit here NYC area

PC 1
Windows10
3900x
Ethernet

Pc 2
slackware via wine
2950x
Ethernet

Only having issues in classic wow logging into stalagg or staying connected (I was in game yesterday and showing 12ms but everyone was running in place yet the raid saw me moving around and then DC Even though I was still jumping about watching everyone run in place till about 20 minutes later when I did DC and could not get back in)

Time frame 6pm-12am

I can log into retail wow fine just not classic it just sits at connecting to game servers

All my other games run fine internet gets 980MBs / 880MBs

You are from Jersey City also? wow cool. I never knew how many people were from JC until I saw this thread, it’s so crazy and here I thought I was the only one from JC who plays WOW, lol. Anyway I haven’t had any problems so far yet, but I’ll be streaming for a few hours just doing my normal stuff if you or anyone else wants to stop by and chat.

If anyone wants to come watch and say Hi, mention your from JC also if you are! :slight_smile:

Its happenjng for me for retail wow. Was happening in the afternoon on the weekend, and then evenings during the week. 8-2am. It logs me in, it gets to logging into sercers window where it freezes. If i hit change realm button, the wow error shows up.

It will allow me to log into game again but not all the time and then within 15 min, will lag out, rinse, repeat.

Internet for everything else and for all my other games work with no issue.

Running Win 7.

It’s interesting you are having a problem with retail wow, unlike other days where it affects most people or only some, like today for me it’s been fine all day crosses fingers . I’m also playing retail as well. I did want to say last night as I was on the phone with the verizon rep, they had my restart my router…I don’t know if that would have fixed anything, but we’ll see as the night goes on if I have any connection issues.

1 Like

sounds good yea am looking for like minded players, are you on classic??

what internet provider do you have?? West Side Jersey City checking in! =P

Oh nah I’m not on classic…don’t even have it installed. Been playing this game since around 2005 and I don’t want to go back and do it all again, lol. I mostly play Retail. Where in JC are you from? I used to live downtown most of my life, but now I live up by Hudson Mall.

1 Like

Oh I have Verizon Fios…didn’t even see you said this haha. Lol no way, I’m on West side Also! literally 1 block up from the mall

Yeah retail is all i play. Like you i been playing since 2005. And while i did try it for a little bit, i really dont miss it. The nostalgia wore off quick. It was fun in its time and im keeping it that way. As flawed as retail is, it works for me in my life and i love the characters i play too much.

But yeah been having the issues with the retail. I tried router reboots and a lot of other things to fix it. Too many to list. Problem came back. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

I only started having the problem Sunday night, happened 2 times… I think around 11 PM and 12 PM but was only down for like 15 mins…then on Monday same thing around 4 PM…down for 5 mins…then again around 9 PM and I was unable to connect for about 30-40 mins.

Have the same issue for over a week now but I am in Northern Virginia. I actually tried different wifi adapters and factory reset my router. The only that helps is using a VPN to get off verizon network

1- I just play classic but I am able to use stream services and everything else just fine
2- At all time
3- Win 10
4- Verizon Fios Quantum router - I have a Gig connection
5-Does not help