11/13/19 issues with log ins - FIOS NJ and Other ISPs

Just an update for everyone! Used VPN and got in. So temp fix for me but I wont miss raid tonight.

how do you use a vpn?

Exactly my problem! Today seems to be much worse than it has been for some reason. When I get disconnected I just lose the ability to interact with anything in the game. It doesn’t even boot me for disconnection as I have to alt-f4 just to get out of the game.

which VPN? link plz?

i think its expressvpn

Checking in with problems from Central Jersey, around the Asbury Park/Red Bank area, with FIOS

Logged in for about 15 minutes an hour ago, disconnected during a M+, and now I’m perpetually stuck on “Logging in to game server” or black screen at character select

Same for me as well.

Central NJ reporting in…
Had no problems up until about 30min-1hr ago. Everything was working as normal till npc’s and other players began running in place. Tried to log out and quit game from within the client, but had no success. Closed WoW through task manager and have not been able to successfully login since. I am stuck at the “Logging in to game server” prompt. I am trying to log into Sargeras-US.
For completeness sake, I am having no issues logging into WoW classic.

Where is blizzard admin??? lol this is a joke they arent even in here reading or responding

Let me innnnn…

Same.

Strange that we can log in but get stuck at a black screen at character select. Almost as if we are partially logged in. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Waiting for someone from blizzard…

I’m still on the phone with Verizon and basically those reps don’t have a clue as to what to do. They can basically try to connect to your router to see if theres any issues but other then that they can’t do anything else. Also when I asked to speak to a tier 2/3 technician, they said that is considered Premium Tech Support and it costs $10/month which I said no thanks.

And then I gave the rep the server ip of the game I’m trying to get too…and he said it might be a port forwarding issue and is contacting my router manufacturer to see about how to open ports LOL. It’s not a portforwarding issue.

Just stopping by the say same issue here. Spoke to blizz who linked me to this thread and told me I need to speak to my ISP. North NJ, Fios. fml. This has been happening to me since late yesterday evening.

So most people started having this issue around 9pm eastern tonight? Maybe that is information they can use to track down whatever the issue is.

I have been having it at what seemed like random times the past week but it seems many had it happen at the same time tonight.

1 Like

Same issue. north NJ, FiOS

tunnelbear

Just used, working fine.

500MB Free

Had it happen after I waited in a server queue, so it’s not the login server itself. Connected using a T-Mobile wireless hotspot and still had my spot in line.

Ugh. This is getting annoying. Just got dc’d again. North Jersey here as well. (Taylor ham btw)

Using a VPN works for me. Good temp fix, but don’t want to be doing this forever…