10K queues - How long is too long?

How long are you willing to wait before you say screw it and just roll elsewhere? An hour or two? Indefinitely?

Anybody have any ballpark idea how long it takes to get through a 10K+ queue?

No queue is too long for someone who can do math and has Teamviewer.

2 Likes

I dunno. Even with plenty of time on my hands.

I’ll be playing the new season of D3 while waiting in the queue. It won’t be that bad lol

1 Like

With all the people trying to play for extended periods of time, no-lifing the first week and talking about ways to avoid logging out once they get in the game? I think launch day queues will move slow.

3 Likes

10k? What if say only half that log off in the first 3-6 hours? It’s not too unlikely,

It probably looks worse than it really is, but for Bliz to repeatedly sound off alarms makes me wonder. Especially if it’s day in and day out, not to mention anything else that would throw you out of the game and back in line.

On the discussion page, there were pictures from players for previous queues from WoD and the like.

For a 3.5k queue, the estimated wait time was about 1.75 hours. If that’s proportional, a 10k queue would be about 5 hours.

2 Likes

It’s probably going to be a lot worse than it looks.

3 Likes

Ouch. Not sure if I could swing that for weeks on.

Does layering help a login queue? Or does it just help server stabillity?

How does it help? Anyone?

Edit: i’m not against layering, i just don’t know how it works

No way I’m going to wait 5+ hours in queue on a daily basis. I’m hoping it’s way less than that.

If your daily sessions are actually shorter than the wait time, it may be time to reconsider.

I’ll be taking measures to not log out after initial log in Monday for at least the week unless we have maintenance or resets. The following week shouldn’t be bad as I’ll have my kid log me in right after school in cst each day. People will still be at work or school so queues shouldnt even exist.

no to all.

45 mins to an hour is my max which is why I reroll as soon as a new server comes out.

I believe TBC launch on a full server our queue was 7k. I think I waited 45 minutes or an hour.

45 is acceptable. But where is this 10K queues could take 5 hours coming from?

I had 400+ queue in Vanilla well after launch. Took usually 20-30 minutes to get in.

But I think a 10000 player queue will go faster than you think as many will give up and go elsewhere. Harder to do when you already have a higher level character.

Maybe Blizzard changed up their algorithm on who can log in and who can’t. Dunno.

But it sure as hell wasn’t 5 hours.

1 Like

i.imgur (dot) com/mNlfYpN.jpg

3.1k in queue, estimated time 234 min