Will you level everything while grinding?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Orc is wise.

I’m going to be a raid alchemist for my guild.
I’ll be taking Herb and Skinning at 1st to gather herbs and get mount gold from leather.
Once I have my 40 mount gold, I’ll go alchemy and level that as I go.

There should be money to be made from selling the 12 stam/12 spirit food and i’ll be leveling fishing and cooking as I go also.

And, leveling professions gives me a sense of progress and alternatives to work on other than questing, grinding mobs, and running dungeons.

1 Like

Yeah I am in no rush to 60. The pserver community that already played vanilla 100x will race to 60, control the economy, and down MC within the first 2 weeks. No point in me rushing… I’ll have more fun keeping up with a few alts on the side, doing professions, and exploring. I don’t plan on hitting 60 for a few months.

I will be leveling Skinning, mining, Fishing, and cooking on my druid. Fishing will get up to 150 before I hit level 14 provided people want to buy darkshore groupers

If I didn’t level Mining and Engineering, I could probably level 1-60 in 6 days or so. I usually do those and spend an extra 1-2 days total /played.

Yes, personally I try and keep my professions up with my level

Unfort for blacksmith that involves leveling it to like 200 before level 30 =/

I will probably do everything but fishing as I level. When I have the pile of raptor meat/flesh and I know I can use it for cooking, I hate staring at it in my bags!

I’m a little less caring on alts but my main needs the profs to be maxed.

26 Likes

will lvl professions and first aid but will do fishing and cooking later as for wep skills Ill probably just keep daggers and swords up if I play rogue

Glad to see a blue post on this topic ^^

Alot of different answers.

I think most of us seem to see the importance of leveling all these things as we go because classics a whole different game altogther vs retail.

In the long run, all these skills will pay out for the hard work and time invested. Glad people realize this. Thanks for the post Blue =)

And I totally understand the different interests and play styles that people have. This is a big game with lots to do and I like when people do what they want to do.

Major props though to the person who maxes fishing before I hit level 10. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Where’s the fishing love? I find it a great diversion. Sometimes you just need to relax and take a murder break. Though I guess you’re still murdering fish…

1 Like

I’ll be levelling all of my professions including fishing and cooking. I’ve found with crafting professions there is some good gear you can craft while levelling and it always gave me a feeling of accomplishment when I had crafted a new weapon or piece of armor that was vastly super to what I had before. With fishing there’s gold to be made too! I plan to enjoy my journey to 60 and not rush everything.

I level everything while I level, like a RPG.

It’s a fun way to play. I am not one who rushes to endgame.

2 Likes

I plan on levelling fishing early so I can get the skill to win some fishing tourneys early. I want the fishing rod on my classic main like I have it on this char.

Oh man, thanks for reminding me! I never leveled cooking in Vanilla and I want to remember to do that this time.

It’s super easy if you find a profession levelling guide that tells you recipe locations and ingredients needed. Finding recipes is the hardest part.

I’d be lying to myself if I said I’d be looking to max everything by the time I’m 60, but at the very least I will have made decent-ish progress toward my primaries and secondaries.

Im pretty split. Id like to just level tailoring/enchanting right off the bat. First aid for sure, cooking/fishing I will probable pick up but wont worry about leveling much until later.

When did the “thanksgiving” cooking fest get implemented? That was a good one to level up cooking with IIRC.

What server will you play on in Classic? I wish we could level together.

1 Like

In retail, skill levelling has been made completely redundant, as a) virtually nothing you can make on the way up is of any use to you, and the rare couple of items you CAN make on the way up remain at-level for less time than it took to buy the mats from the AH and create the item; b) because you don’t need to ‘level’ a skill in retail, each exp bracket starts off at 1 when you learn it, why bother levelling through a useless bracket when you don’t need to?

In classic, a whole heap of gear was useful to the creator, and you hung around in level areas long enough to collect the mats and make something neat. You could also have a bit of fun selling some of them as you go for extra cash.

It wouldn’t be classic without heading into the deeprun tram and killing a thousand rats to level my mace!

First aid is important on the way up both in BGs and in general play to reduce downtime. Cooking is a nice buff that actually means something in the lower-power world of classic, and while fishing is very important for some, it’s just fun to do :).

Plus, my OCD won’t allow me to look at my alchemy:12/75 at level 40 without literally having a baby about it :slight_smile:

That’s all contingent on it actually being ‘Classic’ as I remember it. Sharding or insta-spawns won’t get me playing…:wink:

1 Like