10.2.7. Datamining; Another Diff Game Mode?

And none of the major players in WoW that also datamine confirm it?

I haven’t seen anything yet personally, but they have put out some stuff on the timeline and one is called “Pandamonium: timerunning”. Certain content creators have suggested it might be something similar to a game called Vampire Survivors, which is a pve game that could be created similarly to Plunderstorm, as a little extra button on your log in screen.

Also, Proletariat created a game called World Zombination and I wouldnt be at all surprised if they used that game as inspiration for a similar style PvE minigame.

There are apparently a whole bunch of gear sets datamined that are set to level 10 and would be the kind of reward that could be earned doing this type of activity.

It sounds very possible.

Gnome druid? … One day …

1 Like

I can’t like this bah

I want to play soccer but you have to do it in cat mode. Or bumper cars but it’s bear mode. Or racing in travel mode. That would be sooo fun :smiley:

And for prizes, you can choose a new custom (for druids) or a mount/pet (for non-druids)

1 Like

They did announce a PvE based event like Plunderstorm the other day, did they not?

Conspiracy theory(tinfoil hat on!)- They are doing these offshoot gamemodes because WoW is a coding nightmare(spaghetti!) and they can make content faster/cheaper having small teams make gamemodes. This is of course due to their poor management and working conditions. They have lost so much talent that actually knew how the code works, so now instead of wasting money having new-hires trying to figure it out they just have them make new gamemodes. I think we will see more content, m+ & raiding, become it’s own gamemode in the future in their efforts to create a more modular gameclient.

2 Likes

If your druid is stinky maybe he needs a bath?

2 Likes

There is a thread about this very thing from Blizzard: More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

So did we get any actual info on this “datamining”?

A bath.

yeah that would be cool if we could choose one of our characters to play plunderstorm instead of making a new one.

Considering 10.2.7 isn’t even on INTERNAL testing servers yet as its own thing, I would love to know what data they datamined.

if you look at this you can see the timeline and it shows 10.2.7, with something called “Timerunning: Pandamonium” as the top item of the patch.

Patch 10.2.7 Coming in Late Spring - Troll and Draenei Heritage Armor - Wowhead News

There have been items data mined for a mass of gear items set to Level 10 with all kinds of consumables of a similar level. Its rather unlikely these items (which provide specific and frequently powerful effects) are for ingame level 10 characters. There is also something relating to a game mode in the data mined info.

They completely are calling it “WoW content”. Pretty much anything using the IP at all is now being called content for WoW, while while the real WoW sits and rots. It’s very disappointing. I don’t want to play these cheesy minigames.

1 Like

Yes he does

You’re both right @ stinky Elmyouu

I keep giving him one and then he runs off and rolls around in mud. There’s just no helping him.

1 Like

This is my beef too, don’t pretend like it’s WoW content, and they sure as hell shouldn’t have forced it into the WoW character select screen, where for some inexplicable reason my characters loading up stalls for 5 seconds every time i log in so i have to look at that stupid flashing sign.

Maybe a proper roguelike game mode. Since Torghast… kinda failed in that regard imo.

The data was added to the game in 10.2.5 but hasn’t been implemented in the game itself yet. Two lines were added to Scenescript.db, which is usually tied to mini-games and such:

• 10.2.5 - Vampire Survivors Mode - Game Mode - Client Scene (OJF)

• 10.2.5 - Vampire Survivor Mode - Data - Creatures

Same with items that appear linked to the Timerunning event which look like they could fit into a Vampire Survivor-style mode, like the Timerunner’s Chalice.

Most of the speculation comes from a T&E video that just compiles some cryptic dev tweets and gear/trinkets/gems that were data mined back in 10.2.5.

… Plunderstorm season 2. The worst nightmare, new renown track that goes to 80 and you only have 1 week to complete it.

1 Like

As long as it is fun like plunderstorm im all ears.