10.2.7. Datamining; Another Diff Game Mode?

Like Plunderstorm.

NOT in-game wow activities for next big content update … Again?

There are a lot of videos that of course are speculative but leaked info leads me to believe we have another separate non-WoW thing coming.

I really hope this isn’t the case.

7 Likes

I want more content for my stinky druid please. He is so cute, all druids deserve something nice.

7 Likes

I don’t have a problem with them doing it
I just don’t want them to wrap it up and present it to us as wow content.

18 Likes

It is what it is. Play it or don’t.

That would be like me complaining they are coming out with ANOTHER raid…

4 Likes

I doubt plunderstorm is the last time they will try that. I think it is worth trying with a pve mode. Maybe people wont mind it so much if the content is more enjoyable to them :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

I will probably find it enjoyable, but I will still be unhappy if I cannot use Mailborn for it.

4 Likes

I was surprised we didnt use our own characters for plunderstorm. They couldve just had people who didnt have any retail toons make one. I wanted to see the servers people were from too.

3 Likes

that would have just been a new battleground…

to make it truly like plunderstorm, they would need to remove all spells and abilities from your class

1 Like

Oh yeah i meant just the cosmetic aspect of our characters, their name-server thing. DKs get their eyes stuff like that.

It does seem like there will be a separate game mode again. But with everything else on the 10.2.7 roadmap we will at least also get some in game content too.

i really don’t love the split model they are trying atm

ill do the things to get the things in other content to get stuff in retail just not what i want to see alot of in the future

i want to play my characters

6 Likes

i want to play with my character in azeroth world is it too much to ask for, if they want a dif game create a new game??? they re dumb or what??

6 Likes

Quoted for truth!

1 Like

Raids are in the game where I log into my character and play with my guild in the actual WoW game.

4 Likes

Point being I don’t raid except for LFR because after 20 years of raiding various MMOs , it just doesn’t hold much interest to me anymore and I would much rather do outside and small group stuff. But I am not going to whine about a new mythic raid just because I don’t do them.

It’s not like they are sacrificing ingame content for these events.

I don’t really raid either. But at least raids are in the game and not separated where I can’t play my characters and hang with my guild.

Raids don’t separate my friends into two different game modes. Raids don’t make my guild empty of conversation when some run it and others don’t.

Separate game modes separate people. Raids don’t.

Therein lies the issue.

And yes, they did pull resources from WoW to do these game modes. With all of this, they probably could have given us a new raid tier. So we got Fated and two game modes instead.

1 Like

During Max’s interview with the lead dev they confirmed that retail resources were pulled into the PS team. They’re not necessarily cutting content, but they are choosing to create these mini games instead of add new stuff to DF.

11 Likes

Ideally (to me), these separate modes would be either:

• added as an ongoing thing and you could grind them over longer periods if interested. (So, maybe we get a PS every patch content lull)

• eventually rolled into to main game if they’re received well. (PS would become a new PvP mode in live that gave actual PvP rewards)

I do hope they keep trying new things at least.

1 Like

What leaked info?

2 Likes

I consider these to be microgames.