10.2 Night Elf Thread

I don’t have exact context yet but uh… fingers crossed?

7 Likes

Is she Astaari Starseeker?

Ok yes, she is! that’s great!

3 Likes

It would, because it would be treated as double standard. If it was invented BS to bring population back to life. Not even a single character, but population. That would be really idiotic. So I hope that they will remain as ghosts.

1 Like

Bit of off topic but I really dig this recent trend of tabards that don’t vanish at the belt line. Really looks good when the belt is hidden.

Hopefully all base races get a tabard redesign and the draenei one doesn’t look like a Star Trek comemorative plate anymore.

8 Likes

Astarii! My angel! :sob:

Okay, I am LOVING this. This is what I want, nay, NEED. Badass Kaldorei combat. Yes, a million times yes! No more moping and crying, all ACTION!

11 Likes

Orcs and belves are in dire need of anything else then dying out and taking Ls left and right.

A lot of races beyond humans are in dire need of some cool moments truthfully

6 Likes

They aren’t coming back from the dead as it were… They still look to have their ghostly effects. They are just able to cross over. It’s not much different than all the times we help other cultures summon their ancestors.

6 Likes

Given the Amidrisals connection to Ardenweald and Azeroth. Those spirits now have a easier time coming and going as they please and it’s nice to see them again

1 Like

I’m happy because my top WoW crush of all time, Thisalee Crow, is in this patch! I hope she notices me. :smile:

3 Likes

So the really sad part is that this all but confirms Amirdrassil is going to stay on the Dragon Isles.

1 Like

I forgot to say, that it’s always nice to see new fancy racial assets, but I hope that this trend will extend to other playable races. Like OG Tauren.

1 Like

Oh right, but then again is it confirmed they will live on this tree? If yes, then indeed this is worrisome, I’d rather if they settled on Hyjal where Twilight hammer used to cause havoc, that is quite a big area and imo perfect to create a new city.

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic, but I was never making the point that the Dragon Isles was less safe than Hyjal. From an out-of-universe perspective, the Night Elves should not have to give up their homeland for fear of attack.

7 Likes

No I was not sarcastic. I am still catching up with the DF lore (and so far, honestly, I hate itwith few exceptions) and I don’t know if that Amirdrassil is meant to be new home, if yes, I am against it, because nelven home is on Kalimdor. And they should have home city there.

1 Like

You know what they say, love is faction-blind.

https://twitter.com/arcanistsaphras/status/1700349755778359467?s=20

3 Likes

Just becuase they sit together doesn’t mean they have to be couple.
But regardless, if that would be the case then it would be the crack-pairing.
One race are literally racial supremacists, that use word “elf” as a slur to insult someone, and are using elf heads as volleyball, and another not so long time ago had a Druid leader who was giving a quests to kill trolls who claimed that nelves came from them, because it was herecy.

Blizzard, don’t do this. You cannot make everyone like eachother, and it’s fine to keep conflict and animosities. This is world of Warcraft, not Lovecraft.

3 Likes

Times change. WoW should’ve had a large number of interracial couples from the beginning. Narratives about overcoming racism are good.

8 Likes

Dumb post 0/10

2 Likes

I disagree, this is a fantasy world, not RL. If they’re introducing races that millenia were depicted in specific way. Then they should be kept this way.
This is defanging to both nelves and trolls. As both were sold with specific fantasy to them.
And we’re talking about depiction of Zandas that happened like 2 expansion ago, that’s not really realistic in this setting. Trolls were always written to have seething hatered to non-troll and nelves were depicted as xenophobic.

2 Likes