10.2 Night Elf Thread

Hi, I may or may not have been convinced to come back (atleast temporarily) after seeing promising night elf development in 10.2.
I figured it’d be fitting if I made a night elf thread about the 10.2 changes that await night elves, and since I haven’t been able to play any of the content myself yet, I figured it’d be nice to have a thread where we summarize and talk about all night elf content in 10.2.
I’ll start with what I’ve found so far:

New Night Elf Structures https://twitter.com/arcanistsaphras/status/1699942428919140414

New Darnassus Tabard & Cloak:

Sentinels of the New Moon (formerly black moon) with the blue heritage armor that we’re supposed to get at some point:

Some familiar NPCs from Teldrassil returning such as:

It looks like after over 5 years of tragedy and suffering, the Night Elves may finally get some positive development. Feel free to share anything you can find about Night Elves in the new patch.

What do you think will await Night Elves in/after the patch?

24 Likes

I’m not sure if this is in the new patch or not, so apologies if it isn’t, but when did male night elves get the silver eyes? Just noticed that when I was in the barber shop a couple days ago.

Oh I’m sad… I like that new Tabard but I was crossing my fingers for a color change.

I noticed a new Banner at the Night Elf base camp under Amirdrassil in purple/silverywhite color with green gems.

I was really hoping for that color palet for a redesigned tabard.

It still looks good so I’m gonna have to roll with it.

That tabard looks amazing. So does this represent the new tree?

YES, that tabard update is long overdue and I definitely hope that means they’ll be revamping other tabards in the future.

I am cautiously optimistic that the Heritage questline was such a lackluster sad trombone noise because of what we’ll be getting in 10.2. From what I’ve been seeing so far, I’m genuinely excited!

Maybe a reach but kind of getting vibes that Sentinels of the New Moon may be Paladins? I will WEEP and be race changing my Paladin post-haste if that is the case. I’m also very happy to see that the black eyes are still being used with the NPC models.

1 Like

Some other good news is literally every important/named Kaldorei NPC is in the files for 10.2; most have not shown up yet which leads me to think the Kaldorei settlement will slowly grow in phases and new people will show up with each area as it develops.

The culmination will be when it moves across and we likely get the silver armor set.

The area circled there looks to be the chunk thatll move into the normal reality version of the isles.

6 Likes

This is something I’m ESPECIALLY excited about. I love seeing old and beloved NPCs, my heart was crushed seeing spirits like Ilthalaine and Astarii Starseeker in Ardenweald but happy they were no longer in the Maw.

I’m looking forward to seeing who is left and how they can build off that.

Looks like a pair of shoulders is also part of the cloak/tabard set!

8 Likes

Fun fact! Astarii and Ilthalaine are both in the 10.2 files so they seem to be crossing over to live in the tree. Amirdrassil has a foot—branch?—in both the Dream and Ardenweald so the kaldorei dead can likely pass back and forth between them.

7 Likes

:sob:

Oh my god!

You mean their ghosts can come back to Azeroth?

Seemingly, yes. No hard proof yet of how it’ll exactly all shake out, but they are certainly in the database for 10.2

It would be weird that they’d come back to life, that would be one big nasty pandora box.
Still nelves (and worgen that also lived on Teldrassil - btw I wonder if they will also be mentioned? - lol) didn’t deserve to go to to Maw, so knowing that their souls found a safe place is comforting enough. Still It’s kinda weird. As I thought this issue was settled in Shadowlands?

1 Like

If we can just bring the dead back we break some rules. Than Blizzard has no reasons to keep all old Horde leaders as corpses.

It’s the same tree as emblazoned for the Silverwing Sentinels.

They’ve merged into a gestalt spirit. Eastern style. They’ve surrendered the illusion of personal identity to become the life force of the new Tree.

1 Like

Eeee what? They became something like whisps? Weren’t they meant to tend the trees they live in? Or I got that wrong?

since no one has mentioned it so far, this seems to be our new banner:

19 Likes

That’s the first thing I saw when I went there… that’s why I thought we were getting a new tabard inspired on that Banner but I was wrong… we get new tabards but just not with those colors.

Still that Banner is sick and I love it! I’m all for purple+silver for night elves!

6 Likes

So I noticed an entire battle front against Fraak’s forces being manned entirely by the Kaldorei and their Ancient allies.

I noticed the priestesses of the moon were dressed for war and leading small detachments of mostly female sentinels and archers. Some NPCs had an ability called “Fury of the Kaldorei” which seems to oneshot mobs. There were also a number of druids, mostly casting sorts, and surprisingly also moonkin.

Its pretty neat to watch.

14 Likes

I don’t think it would in this case. They got a powerful artifact from the Winter Queen and Elune and also grew a new world tree. This is not something that could really be replicated with other races.

I personally would love to see the genocide victims get a happy ending

5 Likes