10.2 is dealing with bloat

It really doesn’t matter what i do, because the truth of the matter that you’re ignoring is,
even in content that is hard, there’s more then one way to “maximize DPS”. And that the Meta is optional.

Anybody in the particular content wouldn’t ever disagree with this or disagree with the fact that it’s better to do consistent DPS, if they serious about getting more DPS.

Like what? Following the meta? Or as you called it “Maximizing DPS”? :expressionless: :palm_up_hand:

Ya know, you can throw different terms at me, but you’re still speaking the same proverbial message to me here. Let people play what works best for them even if it means not following the meta without you getting on their backs because they have a build you absolutely hate. M’kay?

1 Like

…and there it is.

Kill heroic Sark once and feel like it’s time to come talk smack to people on the forums. :roll_eyes:

Twice actually. :point_down:

With their raids being mostly heroic as of late, and their M+ score being in triple digits along with the highest being 16+.

Which makes it worse if their implying to us there’s only one correct way to do it. And given the fact they have been dodging my facts or just outright ignoring them, they are just straight up spreading misinformation.

1 Like

You could remove 60% of the buttons from Rogue and their DPS wouldn’t be significantly impacted. Comparing… idk, Dev Evoker to Arcane Mage are two entirely different video games.

Pruning is for the best on some classes. Some classes having 3-4 button rotations while some have 20+ button rotations is insane.

1 Like

Yes, it’s necessary sometimes.

If we kept every button between vanilla and now, we’d have specs with 20 button rotations. It would be insane to balance

I think they need to add more reactive abilities, like why can’t warrior slam deal 3x as much damage if the target is casting or stunned? I think the endless resource system is the biggest culprit for a lot of the hecticness thats ever been present in wow class rotations. Things like true shot proccing (which they are correcting) or clearcast with no passive dump (why don’t feral druids have a vanilla version of heroic strike they can use to slightly beef up their damage during a “stars aligned” proc session)

I think the whole less is more argument is solved by just telling people to reroll. Specs should feel unique, and the less abilities they have the less unique they feel, until you reach a point where everyone does the same thing, but then its a matter of pruning in the right spots, not pruning everything past a certain number.

I still only see the one…

Agreed. They are obnoxious and derailing the conversation.

One for Ratinkle the gnome, and one for their rogue alt. That makes two in total.

But one per alt, yes.

1 Like

That’s a lot of words to say nothing.

You mean addons don’t help you track mythic plus affixes, debuffs, boss timers, percentages of mobs needed to complete the key, routes in the dungeons, telling you that you’re in avoidable damage, etc…

I do a lot of keybinds

1-4,
shift+1-4
R,F,V,T,G,Q,E
Shift + R,F,V,T,G,Q,E
Mouse button 4,5
Shift + Mousebutton 4,5
CLick the mouse wheel
Shift+CLick the mousewheel
Scroll up, scroll down
Shift + Scroll up or down

That’s a pretty awful straw man. We’re not talking about somebody wanting to be a god after playing their spec for an hour.

They still don’t play the game for you.

im just a casual AotC Andy, which i have said many times. but im not wrong, Outlaw revolves around Roll the Bones. Which is why its becoming a baseline ability.

Worse, don’t even say that, with what they’re going to easily get the new legendary you’re going to see the new top dps imbalance, so it’s not good at all.

We literally just went through this in SL when they unpruned a bunch of stuff because people were saying that there were too few buttons and class identity had been gutted.

The WoW community with anything:

Pick one and stick with it.

1 Like

If I wanted a 3 button rotation I would go play a MOBA.

I think thats the reason for wows toxicity… You think a harder spec should do more damage, (and the designers agree with you)… fundamentally thats the problem with the game right now, Fun isn’t rewarded and doesn’t fit into the design. The goal is “I need to be better than you and I will do any unfun, grindy, tedious gameplay to get that edge”…

No, it has to do with the spec that requires the most skill to play should reward the highest damage.

Exactly, fun doesn’t enter into the equation.

I think its fair it should do SLIGHTY more damage, to the point you cant even tell unless you are running addons to specifically track it… I am talking the most complicated sped doing <2-3% than the most simple. I think all the specs should be close enough as to make no difference.

Edit: actually no I take that back, thinking through how that manifests into actual game design, passive talents should be weight higher, beyond 4-5 active abilities… it just becomes tedious.

Fun is subjective and therefore cant be a factor.

3 button rotations are “fun” for you
3 button rotations are boring for me

That is why “Fun” cant be a deciding factor.

Assasin rogue in BFA was like that. Pooling energy, proper resource management, and proper use of shiv was less than a 1% increase over someone spamming mutilate and envenom. That is poor game design. Players playing extremely poorly should not do close to the same damage as someone playing properly.

Passive talents should never outperform skill talents.