10.2 is dealing with bloat

I respect and understand what you are saying. I can definitely do that.

I am curious what your perception of the opportunity cost of doing that is though. Consider, if its not fun for me to dedicate the time to improve, if getting better meant engaging in lengthy gameplay that I do not enjoy… would you advise me to simply stop playing and likewise should everyone else who does not find aspects of the game fun similarly stop playing?

Its a genuine question as I am trying to understand your point of view.

Boring gameplay and spamming 2 buttons isnt fun gameplay.

Rsham, Disc Priest, dunno about others but those 2 have a disgusting amount of active abilities from talents.

2 Likes

I agree, that would not be fun but you didn’t answer my question.

Also, I am going to assume “2 buttons” is hyperbole for “a simplified basic rotation”… I think there is middle ground though lets say 3-5 buttons, 3 core, 2 procs for example. My reason for liking the simpler rotations is I like to pay a lot more attention to what is happening in the raid/game, debuffs, affects, is everyone where they are supposed to be, are there surrounding mobs/adds… is there any impending moment or mechanic I as a participant of the raid need to react to … for me the most boring gameplay is complex rotations you need to tunnel vision on to get right so you can achieve the highest number on meters so you can meet the dps check.

I hate those kinds of skillchecks.

4 Likes

Just did a rough count and on one toon I have about 30 binds/clicks I use/need regularly in casual PvP, and another 8+ clicks for consumables/targets/etc I also use regularly for casual PvP.

Odd, because when i’m doing my rotation, i just use almost half that at worst and still do fine.

You’ve never actually played Outlaw, have you? I’ve been playing this specs for years ,and i can tell you right now, aside from Roll the bones THANKFULY being optional (Seriously, consistent damage > inconsistent damage. Slice n Dice FTW) , this spec plays out with the same amount of keys as it always has been.

…How would having less buttons makes it fun to you if the gameplay is still the same then?

What would it meaningfully change if you just spamming exclusively frostbolt, vs throwing ice lance, blizzard, frozen orb, and etc?..

This isn’t exactly a soulslike game where the name of the game is simply mastering the moves at a pixel perfect accuracy with frame perfect timed dodges and counters without dying and why would having less buttons would be perferable in that situation because it would bog down the action. (Despite the fact they do just fine if they have a lot of buttons)

This is an old school MMO where you hit numbers to do numbers with your numbers and occasionally move out of the fire. It’s chess but with checkers too.

You shouldn’t worry, as much as DKs are nerfed, they can now be more unbalanced top dps thanks to another cheap copy of ICC’s shadowmourme.

Asked and answered

Mythic raiding and some of the harder heroic fights tend to feel a bit like how you described.

Sometimes I just want to “switch off” and have a less focused gameplay experience.

Bruh, sounds rough.

I think in some instances, abilities could be combined. I’m thinking rushing jade wind and spinning crane kick. On brew, It feels like the concept of those two could get combined in a way like prot paladin’s consecrate. Consecrate is threat/damage, but also mitigation and interacts with other abilities.

Combing them when in brew would save a keybind.

However, I generally like more keys than less and letting the player decide the degree to which they want to deep-dive into a spec. But some, like the one I mentioned above, seem like they would be helpful.

(I’m just getting started in brew, so it’s also entirely possible I’m just ignorant to other interactions with those aforementioned skills).

That’s still super simple and boring.

No offense but Blizz dumbed the game down once and almost didn’t recover. They shouldn’t make the same mistake twice.

2 Likes

DKs haven’t been nerfed. They are being less reliant on PI and having their damage profile adjusted.

1 Like

Time for Brian “the depruner” Holinka to come back LMAO seriously, do ppl here not notice that this is all going on in circles. LOL

I loved the WoD approach. Didn’t need 30 buttons to do what 5-6 do in every other mmo

3 Likes

No offence taken.

I think they solved it by once upon a time having simple talent loadouts and specs… I remember beast master, fury and havoc being among the more simpler specs and consequently were all my favorites.

There’s no such thing as bloat, it comes down to skill issues if you can’t handle so many buttons.

Too many buttons isn’t a skill issue. It’s a way to make no lifers feel like they actually accomplished something

1 Like

I’m sure I’d say something like that too if I also couldn’t handle all the buttons to make myself feel better.

See, that was so much fun too. I wanna see more passives and skill mutations. I love when you get the option to change one skill into another, but like, you choose from two options on which way to mutate it.