10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

• Tyrande confronts the Druids of Flame.
  • She’s rather unimpressed that they are seeking immortality.
  • The chapter ends with Vyranoth preparing to confront Fyrakk.
3 Likes

WoW I must say has the most beautiful Magical Forest Zones.

Any Forests remotely tied to Night Elves, the Moon or Eonar seem to have Magic in them beyond what other Zones have:

Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Feralas, Felwood, Moonglade, Winterspring, Sholazar Basin, Crystalsong Forest, Mount Hyjal, Kelp’thar Forest, Blademoon Bloom, Val’sharah, Azsuna, Suramar, the Coral Forest of Zin-Azshari, Ardenweald, the Emerald Gardens and now the Emerald Dream… All hold the Magic of Elune or Eonar.

Of course the most Magical of these is Sholazar Basin, Crystalsong Forest, Blademoon Bloom, Val’sharah, Ardenweald, the Emerald Gardens and the Emerald Dream.

The Emerald Dream seems to be a beautiful combination of the Emerald Gardens and Val’sharah it seems… …with a bit of Mount Hyjal’s ugly burning portion courtesy of the same cause: the Firelands merging with the Zone.

Thankfully we will be banishing Smolderon for this insult and hopefully the other Elemental Lords(who are all clearly backing the Primalists considering they are getting reinforcements from the Elemental Planes) get the hint that we won’t let them merge their Planes with ours.

The Tree holds the power of the Emerald Dream, the Winter Queen and Elune so that’s 4 Blessings: Alexstrasza’s(Life from Elune), Ysera’s(Nature from the Emerald Dream itself), Kalecgos’s(Arcane from the Emerald Dream itself) and Vyranoth’s(Winter from the Winter Queen).

Add Elisande’s power from her upcoming Questline and we get Nozdormu’s Blessing leaving us with Ebonhorn’s Blessing.

1 Like

Character growth? From Tyrande, that is impressive.

You know, my only beef with this patch is the Alliance doesn’t have even a modicum of presence. Like, sure the night elves should lead the charge. But I wish the Alliance had at least a token force helping them defend what should be their new home. Not even worgens?

1 Like

This I think is one of those situations where I think the alliance can take a backseat for a change. The Night Elves need to be shown that they’re capable of defending their own home and that people really don’t want to mess with them when they’re feeling cornered or defending what they consider important to them

Let them have their positive moment

3 Likes

The Alliance can be part of it without eclipsing the night elves. I would also point out one of the bigger lore hanging threads was the Alliance-night elf relationships.

Sooner or later, that has to be addressed and the Alliance sending some token forces would have been a good start.

1 Like

Sure and I would like to find out how strained that relationship currently is and if anyone made attempts to mend it. Last we saw of Tyrande in Stormwind, she stormed out pretty angry at Anduin after all

1 Like

And I’d like to see the opposite happen. Heck, another particular lore thread I am annoyed about is the how/why the night elves even joined the Alliance in the first place.

Proof that both of them have been mutually beneficial to each other and that the values they shares are similar enough to warrant wanting to remain in the Alliance.

Why would you want that relationship to be broken? I’m just curious if Turalyon or anyone else tried to make amends to Tyrande and the Kaldorei for the debacle concerning Darkshore.

Stormwind does owe the night elves a big one.

the benefit was never mutually…the night elves gave much more as they received.

Why would Turalyon have to make amends? Like, one, it was Anduin leading and more importantly because of his actions in prioratizing attacking the Zandalari, had actually halted Sylvanas plan/forced her to got to her more desperate route of working with Ashara.

What? The Alliance was literally the only reason the Horde didn’t sweep all of Ashenvale. I would also point out Garrosh wanted to wipe them out, and his plan on doing so meant attacking Theramore first. Defending the night elves is precisely why Theramore was bombed in the first place!

Saying the Alliance has not given as much if not more is just bull Zahir, and honestly, this is where alternate timelines should be used! Show us how WoW would be if certain choices were never made.

The Alliance didn’t send help without being asked this time. And it would seem they were not thought of as necessary in this case.

1 Like

I doubt it’d kill the patch to have at least one non-night elf alliance character there helping, although my sympathy’s admittedly limited due to the fact that night elves are themselves an alliance race to begin with.

It’d make more sense than Lillian Voss of all people buddy-buddying up with Shandris.

2 Likes

It’s funny that the Forsaken (and maybe tauren and Zandalari indirectly) are offering more help to the night elves at the moment than the Alliance is.

Last we heard, Tyrande and Malfurion were still “smarting from mistreatment by the Alliance” as of the Nightborne short story.

This friendship did seem really forced to me. Shandris mistrusted Thalyssra for walling themselves off during the Sundering. While Lilian was actively serving Sylvanas even after Teldrassil. And yet Shandris accepts her with a clean slate. I hope the writers rewrite this, to make it less absurd. Shandris even claims Lilian “is a kind soul”…

4 Likes

Well… it isn’t a faction based expansion to begin with. Sending overtly alliance forces in would break the gentleman’s agreement that the dragonscale expedition was a strictly non-military affair.

And it be nice if for once a Kaldorei victory to get shown on screen instead of relayed later on in a book.

4 Likes

I mean, we do have Alliance/Horde forces like the mother/son from Exile’s reach being part of the dragon isles.

And both sides Quite Clearly without a shadow of a doubt, also say it’s not a military campaign.

And both sides can send forces without it being a military campaign.

They are there specifically in small numbers as guards for the Dragonscale Expedition as its civilian scientists and explorers in a very dangerous land. Both sides have equal forces as part of that gentleman’s agreement it isn’t a military expedition.

2 Likes

And yet the Dark Rangers and apparently Lilian Voss can go help the night elves without it breaking this gentlemen’s agreement? Please.