10.2 - Guardians of the Dream

I guess it makes sense the Dream is inherently antagonistic to the undead.

4 Likes

Soā€¦ is she still part of the Forsaken? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I hope I donā€™t trip and cast a Fury of Elune on herā€¦ by accident of courseā€¦

Seems so. She sorta drones on about how she feels nothing anymore and how she is bound to this curse.

in other news, how clever! they are setting up the world tree for transition during the patch as content.

5 Likes

As far as the Forsaken heritage conclusion is concerned, yes. I canā€™t remember the exact verbiage, but she chooses to stay behind from the other Darkfallen Kaldorei because of her actions during the Battle for Darkshore.

This might be a means of atonement? Iā€™m glad to see her.

I mean weā€™ve had Death Knights since WotLK, we welcomed back Mages and Demon Hunters so she being all Emo feels out of placeā€¦ but whateverā€¦

Iā€™m liking the patch so Iā€™m gonna focus on the good stuff!

3 Likes

The dialogue she has for the Forsaken champion is less of her being melancholy about being undead and more aboutā€¦ trying to murder her own people for no reason in her ā€˜state of confusionā€™. I think that would garner more side-glances from the general Kaldorei populace than the whole ā€˜being undeadā€™ part.

2 Likes

The vibe I got was she felt that after her actions at Darkshore she didnt think the Kaldorei would accept her back, but she wasnā€™t opposed to the idea of returning.

It just sounds like she needed some self reflection and what not. But we will see. I hope Delaryn joins the Alliance again she was a cool character in pre patch BfA.

7 Likes

Blizzard seems to be pushing REALLY hard on the hope/renewal/cooperation tripe with all of the quest text coming out, and itā€™s honestly leaving me depressed. I canā€™t buy any of it and itā€™s leaving me feel even more bitter than before the PTR opened up.

Edit: Ugh, theyā€™re writing Voss and Shandris as becoming friends.

2 Likes

This patch is looking like the nelf win we need, but i dont trust till its out and I see it happen

1 Like

Looks just like the Emerald Gardens but Emerald Dream-themed!

The other part of the Emerald Dream looked like Valā€™sharah.

The Orbs of Dream Magic look like Arcane Energy surrounded with Green.

An interesting theme I am noting is the Dreamā€™s timelessness is seemingly unnatural. As a realm of Life I guess it should evolve and change but whatever the titans did to it locked it into a perfectly balanced order.

1 Like

The Emerald Dream was created by Freya and enhanced by Eonar. It is a Realm of Order not Life just as Ardenweald is a Realm of Death not Life.

Elune rules the Life Realm mirror of the Faeweald(which has Ardenweald as the Capital) which is not the Emerald Dream which is a Order Realm mirror of both Azeroth and the Faeweald ruled by Merithra.

Of course if the Emerald Dream is a mirror of both Azeroth and the Faeweald then it must also be a mirror of Eluneā€™s Realm and both Eluneā€™s Realm and the Faeweald must be mirrors of Azeroth!

Avaloren(being a reference to Avalon) therefore must have the Summer Court of Day just as Ardenweald has the Winter Court of Night.

Even more druid customizations.

3 Likes

Apparently we are fighting Odyn to acquire the Storm Dragons.

5 Likes

Did you want us to make a new night elf feral model or a new troll feral mode?
Devs: yes

4 Likes

I am fine with punching him in his smug face.

11 Likes

Vyranoth probably hates Odyn as much as Tyr so of course she is going to take advantage of the fact that Odyn is not on good terms with Tyr as an excuse to free her brethren from his control. Especially after hearing how victory is not possible with her clinging to ideals.

Fyrakk is consumed with power so Vyranoth cannot side with him despite him convincing her to stop clinging to her ideals for the sake of her own goals.

To get what she wants Vyranoth must swallow her pride and manipulate things towards her goal. She will get what she wants one way or another even if she must ally with her hated enemies in the process.

What sort of tool would provide her with Victory? Azeroth being a mirror of the Emerald Dream is a mirror of the Faeweald which means there must be a Summer Court which means the Summer Queen Titania is the perfect person to infuse the waters of the Dragon Isles to purify the Titan Stench from the Isles themselves.

There is a datamined book called On the Nature of the Dream. Flavor text says: ā€œWritten by an unnamed dragon. Note: Contains speculation not to be shared with the keepers.ā€ It is readable, but I canā€™t access the text through the database. Could have some juicy info.

Edit: Also, another datamined book called The Legend of Elunā€™Ahir. Flavor text: ā€œAs is common with ancient myths, details of this tale are oft disputed.ā€

1 Like

Of course it may be that the Winter Queen is the Ardenweald side of the Summer Queen in which case things will be very interesting as that would mean Azeroth is a Realm of Death bordering on the Realms of Order explaining why Souls pass from it into the Shadowlands.

That would also mean that Azeroth was the Titan killed by Sargeras ages ago and Aggramar was looking for her specifically when he found her.

If the Winter Queen is the Summer Queen Titaniaā€™s Winter phase then Azeroth is in the Shadowlands and Aggramar would only be looking in the Shadowlands because he hoped the Titan that Sargeras had slain had somehow passed into another Cosmic Realm and had found her.

Faeweald is Azerothā€™s True Face.

It would also mean the Winter Queen must be traded with someone herself so that Tyrande may reunite with Malfurion as the new Summer Queen. Someone must embody the Nature Realm of Death.

Digging through the database every single Kaldorei of note is in the files for this patch. Like, every one I can think of. Jarod Shadowsong, Mordent Evenshade, They even have Altruis in there.

Oh and Shandris got a glowup too.

12 Likes