10.1.5 Demonology - But why?

If you read between the lines in the blue posts, I think you can find the real reason why they are making changes to demo. They talked about accidentally nerfing demo’s mobility too much. I think that was the real purpose to doing these things. For example, getting rid of 3rd dogs and reducing procs of instant casts reduce mobility but don’t actually reduce burst dps. Actually, those things help smooth dps.

It’s like when they said they wanted to nerf demo’s AOE, but they nerfed a talents/ spells that didn’t drive AOE dps at the same time they added and then buffed guillotine. I think the purpose of those actions was to force players to choose their new talent. However, if they posted that online, people would be upset.

I think blizz staff just thought they’d get a strong reaction if they wrote that they were doing a major rework to reduce mobility, so they put in that other stuff as a distraction. I think the idea is to reduce mobility, so it seems like there is more to the game than there is. I think that is a mistake. It was fun to play demo the way it was.

I agree that getting rid off netherlord and PI would be better solutions for game play.

If I enjoyed any of the lock specs/ they could do decent dps, I’d push all the forms of content. I don’t see any reason to pay to play any of the lock specs in the next patch. I’ll let my game time stop until it seems fun to play again.

2 Likes

The problem is the builder + spender design which replaced the old design.

In the old design, shadowbolts, incinerates and DoTs hit very hard and felt good. You had some long cooldowns on your other skills so the bolts and incinerates and DoTs existed to fill the void in gameplay.

In the new design because they are considered generators they hit like wet noodles and look like wet noodles too. They cannot be competitive with spenders and so are kept weak by comparison.

This whole builder + spender design is GARBAGE and needs to be rescinded for 11.0. Just take it back to Classic and have it so this is what you use when the other stuff is unavailable.

2 Likes

I wish they would compensate demo locks with a new metamorphisis form as demon hunters took away the awesome demon purple black form. also buff up the demon pets more make them perm say the dogs hell bring back perm infernal pet and doomguard turn the fel guard into a fel lord so many options.

1 Like