10.1 thread

i used to think the Argent Crusade and the Scarlet Crusade wouldve been the introduction to some feature as the pve and pvp factions.

Really i’d take any Eastern Kingdoms update

2 Likes

TBF, a Gnome in a ten gallon cowboy hat is basically doing a fancier version of Solid Snake in a box.

1 Like

Duskwood update when?

1 Like

Wasn’t the string datamined for retail? Unless I’m reading it wrong. I assumed it was coming to Retail AND Classic. And there would certainly be a market for both games. Classic would be more punishing but it’s not as if Retail doesn’t have challenges. I assumed these kind of realms would cut you off from BOA items and other sorts of benefits. Guess we’ll see.

Personally I think it’d be interesting to see if a raid group of players at 30 would have a harder time in Molten Core than a group of 60s on Classic. I’m not ruling out that it would be, and I’d hope to be able to find a niche group of people willing to do that challenge on a hardcore realm.

If they make the artifact rogue questline non-canon I’m all for it. Otherwise leave it alone.

This is interesting, but I’m hesistant to restrict addons like this which do have accessibility features. Hopefully just hiding a few mechanics is the limits they’re willing to go towards, however even that could cause issues depending on what they are. Blizzard will need to find a balance if they’re going to start tackling addons. I know personally a lot of low vision/blind players do use Weak Auras to guide them so if those mechanics can’t be seen now that is an issue.

Ironforge Guard Updates:

GIVE TO PLAYERS PLS

2 Likes

I do hope this is the case, but I assumed it was a classic thing since so far they often add niche server types for classic (like the “season of mastery” ones which already sort of have a permadeath system), but you’re right that the datamined string doesn’t say that and we’ll have to wait and see. But for retail I do think it would require some tweaks to be meaningful, since the leveling experience in retail is so ridiculously short now.

My only concern with the Hardcore Realms is that all of your character progress is entirely dependant upon one gibbering moron doing it for ‘teh lulz’ to not completely wipe the raid and kill off everyone else’s characters.

All that gold, all that gear, all that time, wasted because of one of the dribbling, drooling, maidenless basement gremlins Blizzard has cultivated over nearly 2 decades … ruining 24 other peoples enjoyment and a considerable amount of time wasted unless you’re going to be pumping out Character Boosts.

At the same point, being a class with resurrection abilities becomes an amazing thing because we can become the Fuel Rats of WoW, running around the world to find their corpses and revive them, and thus ‘save’ the character from an untimely end.

Blizz seems to be redoing a few old sets in HD: (I posted a couple previously, he is another):

Looks amazing. They did the set justice. Happy to see it, want to see more.

I just want to say that Blizz could score points with old Alliance players if they updated the Imperial Plate Set. I know they gave us the SW Guard Armor set, but that’s not the Imperial Plate Set:

There are no gauntlets. They never gave us gauntlets for this, but the gauntlets are in the game, worn by the guards. It’s been a running grievance ever since.

If they wanted to score serious points with old Alliance players, they would create a neat little quest that resulted in us finally receiving the gauntlets after all these years.

1 Like

Until they give us ogres, they haven’t listened.

2 Likes

Now they just need to say, “victory for me and my friends” instead of “victory for sylvanas”

2 Likes

they added a Sylvanas version as well. Worth noting that the mask is whole as opposed to being shattered.
I wonder if it represents Sylvanas as a whole soul

personally, i loved the original Icon of Torment

2 Likes

Break All the Glass continues:

4 Likes

Was mentioned in guild discord but that image is a huge tease considering the article literally states there’s no plans to bring back the corrupted ashbringer.

1 Like

This is it, fellow gamers.

All our crazed demands are finally being met.

This might actually be the point where Thrall admits he sucks.

1 Like

At long last Tauren may be able to bonk enemies with a giant totem (in 10.0.7 not 10.1 but whatever)

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeees.

Grant unto us more Tauren moggery, please and thank you.

A weapon nearly 20 years in the making.

Absolutely huge Tauren W

1 Like

And so, my time as a rare OG crafter is coming to an end. I’ve got the Blood Tiger and Primal Batskin recipes from Zul’gurub rep w/ Zandalar. I’ve made pretty decent coin over the years, since I had also stockpiled the mats required to make them.

Everything was unobtainable after Cata.

Zul’gurub is back (as noted below) and you can farm up the bijous to purchase the old patterns and skin the mats from the mobs.

I am SUPER ANGRY that others will be able to make and purchase items that only myself and a couple others on the server could for the past 13+ years!!! RAR RAR RAR BLAH BLRGH RARGH cough cough sputter…

Just kidding.

I’m not angry. I’m not that guy. I am glad the recipes are coming back. I am glad the mats are back. I am glad that more people can partake in something they missed so many years ago, simply because they didn’t play this game at that time. I made some people happy by creating the recipe when it was rare. I’m glad I could do it.

I hope they do more things like this because there are things that I too missed out on, even though I was playing.

I will never understand why people get so bent out of shape about these things.

5 Likes

OMG I’M GOING TO GET THE COWBOY HAT

3 Likes
4 Likes