10.1 thread

Hello

I am playing for the weekend since it is a free weekend (if you didn’t know that, this is your notification, you can play Dragonflight without paying through tomorrow), so I’m trying out the stuff from the .5 or .7 patches or whatever they are. I got a neat cloak from the trading post.

I am also reading about patch 10.1. I am please to see nightborne get new eyeballs for instance

And I think some new armors look cool

They are armors with skirts! It is thrilling to see innovations in skirt technology.

There will also be cross faction guilds in 10.1 but there are already threads for that. But you can talk about it here too if you want, I’m not too picky, because this is a thread about 10.1 in general. That’s what its about. Are you keen to go underground

2 Likes

That new open world mail set has me hyped. Always a good treat when mail users get some nice looking armor.

It pairs really well with the shoulders from the dragonrider set on the trading post right now as well.

https:/ /imgur.com/a/4vmXHGQ

I really want something like this for retail. Classic is fun but I need my mogs and stuff, and leveling is a part of the game I enjoy a lot which has basically been utterly trivialized to a ~10 hour experience post-Shadowlands. A retail experience with longer leveling and a scary mechanic like permadeath would be super interesting to me.

I know it is sort of supported already on classic with an ironman buff, but I wanna see it here too.

1 Like

Another emergency glass gets broken.

If there’s any other wishlist items, now’s the time to bring them up.

1 Like

We’re getting an HD Ashkandi, what more could I ask for, 10/10

I’m excited.

Blizzard seems to be listening to players this expansion, and adding not only things we’ve been asking for for years, but also incorporating player feedback more quickly. It’s not perfect, but these are quicker cycles than previous expansions.

Downside is it took a mass exodus of the game to get here, and some players have moved on likely permanently. But for my part, it’s a net positive that we’ve gotten here, and I hope this trend continues. A fun game brings back old and new players.

5 Likes

who roleplaying on the hardcore realms /not srs

I know there probably wouldn’t be much of an RP scene on a server like that but I do think that sort of gameplay (stuff that adds consequence to mechanics that are trivial in more lenient games) can be good for RP.

Survival games such as ARK and Conan have decent RP scenes because, like… you can RP that you’re gonna go to war with someone, and then actually do it, and have real consequences in the form of “somebody eating your pet dodo” or whatever.

Stuff like rping a bodyguard for a caravan of low level characters wandering the barrens has a lot more weight to it when, through game mechanics, the characters are in very real danger!

But yes I’m sure nobody is really gonna RP on these servers I just find that kind of blending of game mechanics and RP interesting.

1 Like

Are things desperate enough for Ogres yet

1 Like

Or Yaungol? Or, at least a option to look like one as a tauren.

2 Likes

Still waiting on my Pandaren male with long tail option.

4 Likes

Get in line, Worgen are still waiting for tails at all.

1 Like

There’s this really cool race from Pandaria with tails. They’ve got fur too.

I’m of course speaking about the greatest race in WoW, the Hozen.

4 Likes

If WoW wasn’t cowards and gave us Hozen and Sethrak as playable races, the world would be a better place.

2 Likes

Your oook and my dook we can make anything possible

3 Likes

The glass has truly broken now. On 10.1 PTR, it’s no longer cloth. It’s straight up cosmetic.

6 Likes

Welp, time to roll a plethora of Forsaken alts then!

3 Likes

:eyes:

Probably a trading post item but I do hope we pick up those “maybe resurgent Scarlets” and “return to Lordaeron” plot threads that have been sort of lurking around for a while and adding scarlet assets could be part of that.

4 Likes

We’re going to meet mole people in 10.1 and one of them in a picture is wearing a 10 gallon cowboy hat and if I get this, I might actually let out a whee.

2 Likes

Years back, The Scarlets had propaganda claiming there was a male heir to Lordaeron(A son of Calia). Given it’s been years in narrative since then maybe we will see them try to make some power play. So maybe it will be more than trading post items.

1 Like