10.1 Cinematic

I don’t get it, I don’t know who those 3 evil Dracthyrs are. I also don’t know why we needed to travel to the Dragon Isles. Are the Dracthyrs in dangerous or something? Why can’t the leaders of the 5 aspects handle their issues themselves, they beat Deathwing a decade ago, why can’t they defeat the villains who are 100 times weaker than Deathwing.

4 Likes

Expand on this… rather broad statement.

You might find some of the answers you’re looking for (or pretending to).

4 Likes

Very certain those 5 aspects, along with the Green Jesus, beat Deathwing using the Dragon Soul or something.

2 Likes

The bronze one is the leader of the sundered flame. He wants to take Neltharion’s stuff for their legacy. Rather than just vibe with the other mortals and find their legacy that way like the normal dracthyr.

They sacrificed a huge chunk of their power to stop deathwing. They’re very nerfed in Dragonflight.

Why people miss out on the obvious lore bits I’ll never know.

The incarnates are as powerful as the pre nerfed aspects so they’re way stronger than them currently

19 Likes

Without the Aspects these dudes apparently will take over and destr…

Ugh, who cares. The story is so exhausting at this point. The VO for the orange dude was amazing though.

3 Likes

Did we know those 3 Dracthyr from previous storylines? Or they’re just randomly popped out characters just to fit the new patch?

I always wanted to ask this question. Why is stronger lore-wise, the Legion which conquers worlds and flies Starcraft battleships or the evil Dracthyrs? If the Legion is stronger, why are npcs in Broken Isle weaker than the Dracthyrs in the Dragon Isles?

1 Like

It was pretty funny to be like “bruh who are these dudes spying” because they made them seem like we’d met them someplace significant before.

Technology doesn’t necessarily translate to power, not in fantasy. It’s true it allows travel to stars, but when you land on a planet that has people as powerful if not more powerful than the people riding on those ships, it means nothing.

But if you’re talking about scaling related to the players, you can look at the Cosmic Forces and see how each are about on par with the last enemy we’ve encounted.

Kil’Jaeden for example being one of the biggest bads in Legion might be comparable to a full powered aspect. During Legion, we were also empowered with our Legendary weapons and no long have that power to wield.

Fast forward to say, BfA. G’hoon is a synthetic old god, so not quite powerful as an old god. (We’ve beaten several already). The final boss of BfA being N’Zoth, would be on par with the final boss of Legion, Argus.

So the power scale has remained on par as we progress through each expansion. The struggle intensifies the further we go.

1 Like

First of all, the only cinematic we’ve seen recently is for 10.0.7, not 10.1.

Tell me you haven’t done the Dracthyr Evoker starting zone without telling me you haven’t done the Dracthyr Evoker starting zone.

5 Likes

/sigh
No. They’re in previous quests. Even more so if you’re a Dracthyr. At least for Sarkareth

Because you have

Cmon guys the game practically beats you over the head with story bits

6 Likes

I only watch the voiced stuff really, sorry. If it’s not in a major cinematic I don’t know what it is. WoW’s new story is just too Disney most of the time. I’d put money on most people who watched that have no idea who they are either.

1 of the dracthyr is Scalecommander Sarkareth.

Per wowhead:
The Ebon Scales was a dracthyr weyrn. This weyrn is charged with bringing destruction to the enemies of the black dragonflight. Rain down fire and unleash spell craft upon those who would stand against the Earth-Warder. Currently under the authority of Scalecommander Sarkareth, the Ebon Scales shall train to be the end of any foe no matter the size or number.

When the forces of the Ebon Scales were released from their weyrn, there were no blue dragons present, even though all other weyrn were reportedly guarded by blue dragons Loyal to Malygos. It can be suggested that given the Hostile Nature of the Ebon Scales that they eliminated their ‘captors’ as they proceeded to leave.

Upon meeting the familiar faces of their fellow Dracthyr, the Ebon Scale Leader: Scalecommander Sarkareth was stubborn to aid in the efforts to stop the Primalist forces rampaging across the Forbidden Reach stating clearly: “They will only take orders from Neltharion”.

After Raszageth’s attack, this particular Section of the weyrn defected from the dracthyr army and renamed themselves the Sundered Flame, their goal being to uncover the secrets of Neltharion whilst also claiming their place in the world with the power they gather, find or steal. They now rebel against the rule of dragons over lesser dragonkin. They have also recruited other lesser dragonkin into their cause.

The other is named Dezran, who I cannot find any record of via the google machine

The third is not named.

I suspect Dezran is Scalecommander Sakareth’s right hand/trusted confidant or something to that effect (same goes for the third dracthyr)

4 Likes

And people wonder why sometimes the story seems so pointless

I would hate having to write for yall

8 Likes

My friend asked me once, how I enjoyed the story of a game that I had finished. (He completed it before I got it.)

He was so excited and asked me about his favorite part of the story, he named a character and I said idk who that is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I skip all cutscenes & don’t read quest text lmao.

He was a bit sad about it untill we did some co-op together & I saved the day a few times.

I just play games for co-op funzies.
:blossom::beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

2 Likes

That’s just sad you denied him a proper geek out he clearly wanted to have with you

7 Likes

Didn’t deny him anythin’ lol. I’m just not into scifi games. But, not to worry! We nerded out over other games like gears of war, so it’s all good.
:dracthyr_yay_animated: :video_game: :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

So you clearly didn’t read a single quest since the prepatch. Nor did you do the raid. Otherwise you wouldn’t be asking these questions.

6 Likes

just tell us who they are i don’t want to use google

Because unless you read the freaking books…the game storytelling sucks at giving said information

I don’t think most players care about that.