10.0.7 Shaman Changes

New PTR notes out:

• SHAMAN
  • Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental no longer taunt or pulse threat to enemies the Shaman is not in combat with.
  • Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental no longer taunt or pulse threat to enemies that are attacking a player with a tank specialization.
  • Astral Shift duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
  • Planes Traveler no longer increases the duration of Astral Shift.
  • Astral Bulwark now reduces damage taken by an additional 20% (was 15%).
  • Improved Lightning Bolt removed.
  • Thunderstorm has been moved to Improved Lightning Bolt’s position in the talent tree.
  • Lightning Bolt damage increased by 20% for all specializations.
  • Go With the Flow now reduces the cooldown of Spirit Walk by 10/20 seconds (was 7.5/15 seconds).
  • Thunderous Paws can now trigger once every 20 seconds (was 60 seconds).
  • Poison Cleansing Totem now removes all Poisons effects from the target (was 1).
  • Enfeeblement now applies during Hex and lasts for 6 seconds after Hex ends.
  • Ancestral Wolf Affinity has moved to the class tree and removed from all specialization trees.
  • Focused Insight has moved to the Enhancement and Elemental specialization trees in place of Ancestral Wolf Affinity.
    • Developers’ note: This is intentionally being removed from Restoration to avoid having too many talents that modify heal values.
  • Swirling Currents has been redesigned – Increases the healing done by Healing Stream Totem and Cloudburst Totem by 10%/20%.
  • Several talents have moved positions in the class tree.
  • Healing Stream Totem has swapped positions with Spiritwalker’s Grace in the talent tree.
  • Swirling Currents has swapped positions with Graceful Spirit/Spiritwalker’s Aegis in the talent tree.
  • Ancestral Guidance has swapped positions with Nature’s Swiftness in the talent tree.
  • Nature’s Guardian has swapped positions with Totemic Surge in the talent tree.
  • Earth Shield has swapped positions with Earth Elemental in the talent tree.
  • Elemental Orbit has been moved under Earth Shield in the talent tree.
  • Starter builds have been updated for all 3 specializations.
  • Restoration
    • Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by 35%.
    • Chain Lightning damage increased by 35%.
    • Wellspring healing reduced by 30%.
    • Water Shield has been removed from the talent tree and is now learned at level 12.
    • Resurgence has moved to Water Shield’s position in the talent tree.
    • New Talent: Current Control – Reduces the cooldown of Healing Tide Totem by 30 seconds.
    • New Talent: Tide Turner – The lowest health target of Healing Tide Totem is healed for 30% more and receives 15% more healing from you for 4 seconds.
    • A choice node has been added below Mana Tide Totem:
      • New Talent: Temporary Name [Name Not Final] – Increases the duration and radius of Mana Tide Totem.
      • New Talent: Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem – After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain Heal is reduced and the mana cost of Healing Wave and Chain Heal are reduced for 10 seconds.
    • Flow of the Tides now grants an additional bounce of Chain Heal in addition to its current effect.
    • Unleash Life now converts 40% of Wellspring overhealing to an absorb shield (was 25%).
    • Ever-Rising Tide has been removed.
    • Downpour has been moved to Ever-Rising Tide’s position in the talent tree.
    • Nature’s Focus has been removed.
    • The PvP Talent Tidebringer has moved to Nature’s Focus’ position as a 2-point talent.
    • A connection has been added between Tidebringer and Primal Tide Core/High Tide.
    • Chain Heal’s tooltip has been updated to indicate its jump distance to give more context to the Tidebringer talent.
    • Call of Thunder has been removed.
    • Stormkeeper has been moved to Call of Thunder’s position in the talent tree.
    • Acid Rain and Overflowing Shores are no longer on a choice node together. Acid Rain remains in its position and Overflowing Shores is directly below Healing Rain.

Tl;dr Seems like it should help Restoration Shaman be more effective on high movement gameplay, maybe a slight improvement to pvp survivability, and an Earth Elemental nerf if you were using it to take some heat off tanks.

3 Likes

Yeah I seen nome good buff I think. Also I dont know if its just me but our Healing Tide Totem might be real strong next patch.

But here is some nerfs also which is kinda annoying too

After it need to see where did the spells and talent moved to

Nerfed the hell out of healing in the general tree.

Can’t take refreshing waters and focused insight at the same time. So that’s a 25-30% nerf to heals there.

And swirling currents only adds to healing stream healing so that’s another 25% nerf to healing surge.

Hopefully, this is will be paired with getting rid of the PvP nerfs to healing surge.

Otherwise it’s a pretty massive nerf to healing for the DPS specs which was already in kind of a rough spot. Particularly in arena with the aggressive dampening rules.

12 Likes

(post deleted by author)

It seems clear at this point, that the intended playstyle, of dps at least, was never to spam healing surge. At least in enh’s case using maelstrom for healing surge was a sign that you were doomed anyways. Both on my arenas and watching Zeepeye, Saul and Loveless, they just spam damage with maelstrom because the moment they drop pressure, its almost over. More passive healing with healing stream totem, and ancestral guidance, while also getting lightning lasso, which seems doable now, might help the enh shaman not to have to use healing surge as much. I hope…

Finally a good thing here when you cleanse on healer you cleanse all type was dumb it wasnt that before.

I like my Healing Stream totem thats for sure but not sure it was worth a 25% drop on riptide and Healing Wave.

Thats nice but Nature Swiftness still doesnt boost healing to me its kinda a wasted talent.

They still havent fixed the fact that stonekin totem is a terrible last talent they need to buff it.

They remove our modifier and then say we have too much its kinda a joke I guess.

I do like it. But they better not be annoying and make it work with Totemic recall …

This one is a joke to me. So now they both compete and give 1 bounce So i can choose between a poissible 30% buff on a terrible spell or a mediocre 8% The choice is simple. At least the bounce made the choice a bit more of a choice. Now its a real joke.

Its kinda nice tough. But would still prefer if they fixed the damn spell instead of give us a talent as bandaid to fix it.

Yeah so if I understand I might be forced to take Acid rain if I want the other one. I hope not …

Some change are nice like I said but I feel the amount of bad decision outweight the good one

2 Likes

Please explain the reasons behind nerfing Wellspring, because if it is to accomodate the UL Wellspring buff by lowering the remaining skill cap its got, I think I’m gonna scream.

8 Likes

I’d really like them to keep more interaction for Resto powers. Even if it’s not a nerf, removal of Focused Insight from Resto & modification to swirling currents makes M+ a lot less interesting.

The power I expect from the new Mana Tide & Healing Tide are fine, but boring.

I’d much rather see something like fire/lightning choice nodes (maybe focused insight/call of thunder & Lava Surge/Stormkeeper) than outright removal.

Its a buff for Enhance and Elem thats for sure but a huge nerf for Resto.

2 Likes

I thought they were already enforcing this by the fact that you can cast like, four, before you’re OOM. It seems odd to me to limit both the supply of healing surges, and the effect of each one. Forget spamming it, why would I even try to cast it at this point? Against almost any spec whose player isn’t having a stroke, healing surge’s tooltip might as well read, “nature lock yourself for 3-6 seconds.”

5 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about these for resto. Some of it is good but some of it is terrible, going to have to wait and see how it feels. I’m a Focused Insight enjoyer and the removal of this talent completely seems misguided.

At this point if I don’t like it I’ll be shelving the shammy for good and rerolling.

Edit: My comment is geared towards PVP. These changes might be good for PVE but the more I think about it the worse they look for PVP.

1 Like

Sick. Can’t wait to not be able to spend points on it. :+1:

8 Likes

I welcome these changes. A lot of the complaints about resto shaman have been about button bloat and having to cast multiple spells just to do a single heal.

The PvP chain heal talent moving into the regular talents is HUGE.
Tidebringer: Every 8 seconds, the cast time of your next Chain Heal is reduced by 50% and jump distance increased by 100%. Maximum 2 charges.

Resto shaman should recognize this as an indirect buff to throughput. No more chain heals bouncing to only 2 targets. I still think they need a direct buff to throughput on this spell to make it viable though. I think maybe if you take Mana Tide Totem, with the new changes being to reduce the cost and cast time of Chain Heal for 10 seconds, you could pop that and spam Chain Heal and not worry about running out of mana. It doesn’t specify how much the cost is reduced though, is the only thing.

If either of those end up being good enough, it could open the door to actually taking Chain Heal talents, which most people avoid right now.

I still think, mathematically, that Flow of the Tides is still sub-optimal. I don’t care if it bounces to another target with the new change. It’s not a good throughput talent in my opinion.

I still contend that our mastery needs to change. Mastery was added into the game back in Wrath and people were excited about it. It has lost its luster and people feel like it’s a weight now. I think the developers should think long and hard about that.

3 Likes

Ele shamans in shambles after all the feedback given lately and … nothing

8 Likes

The ancestral guidance swap to natures swiftness is a big difference. At least at my level. The removal of improved lightening bolt and access to thunderstorm sooner gives us more points to go deeper in the trees

Pretty sure enh healing improved with these changes

Not sure for enhancement really, healing surge lost healing value as you can’t have both refreshing waters and focused insight. Healing stream totem is more accessible though but for PvP (where healing matters for enhancement) your overall heal throughput is probably down.

What enhancement did gain is a better defensive CD and 2 free points (no more imp lightning bolt) for a bit of utility they were skipping in pvp. Also a wayyyyy better root cleanse with thunderous paws which opens up debate on spiritwalk vs. gust of wind again.

2 Likes

Paws doesnt clear roots. Just slows.

As for healing, its a massive nerf for people that were already taking ancestral guidance.

2 Likes

Still waiting on those Ele shaman Lighting visual updates :slight_smile:

I do like that the Poison Totem will be relevant now.

Im praying this will work. Don’t know if it will be the solution to Resto healing I want but it will be nice to have an extra CD to throw in there if you need it.

Ahh yeah, I thought Thunderous Paws had the “movement impairing effects” text not just snares. Still tough to pickup then.

1 Like
  • Developers’ note: This is intentionally being removed from Restoration to avoid having too many talents that modify heal values.

Great, we’re buffing the heal values somewhere else, right?

…

We’re buffing the heal values somewhere else, right?

21 Likes