10.0.5 Changes - Priest Feedback

That’s like saying the pre-nerfed Mythic Painsmith was an issue about class design because not everyone can jump over a spike of walls that had no gap in it.

Well, shadowlands also gave all classes access to movement with Door of Shadows and NF Blink. Would it be ideal for all classes to have been one of those covenants? No, but they had access.

1 Like

Door of Shadows really is such a perfect candidate.

3 Likes

Just gonna leave these numbers for PvP Disc from the PTR here…

(It slaps)

1 Like
  • Vault of the Incarnates
  • Reduced the push effect of Hurricane Wing on Mythic difficulty.

Told you it’s encounter design.

1 Like

Priests still can’t do it.

I can do decent dps on lust mythic boss fight but hey…who wouldn’t do good with lust right… Shadow aoe ramp up is so slow… every other class can just ramp up with 2 skills that doesnt involed cd. What’s the point of mind flay: Insanity skills and Deathspeaker? Deathspeaker seems like a 30 sec proc rate. Those 2 talent are completely useless. Most of the time you don’t even have time to channel due to boss mech or every other skills is up to be use. Also… what do they mean DP remaining dmg will be added to the new one. It doesn’t add anything to the new one… Ive tested it over and over and it does 13k per tick with the same lasting dot second. Is this a joke? Spriest needs a rework. Whoever did the shadowpriest tree needs to be let go… The talent tree is awful and it clearly shows the work of the dev behind it. Many of the talent/passive is pointless and a waste of points to invest in. For example a shadowpriest needs to use all of its cd to get their aoe pull to 100k or somewhat. Then we have other classes who doesn’t use any cd and they can easily do 100k++ aoe on trash pull. LOL is this not funny… “Hey look I’m a 385 MM hunter watch me multi shot and aim shot for 100k aoe dps.” 2 buttons… or Rogue blade flurry close my eyes and face roll on the keyboard or monk fist of fury while jumping or DH eye beam!!! I’m in the lead. hahaha…dont forget enh shaman. A 10 sec ramp up to do decent aoe is pretty bad.

3 Likes

How does that affect atonement healing throughput?

With the 20% increased to atonement from shadow, it heals quite a lot more. Shadow Covenant last 15s on a 30s CD so half the time atonement is healing for a lot more, especially with 2 mind blast charges.

I get it, but hard casting dmg to get healing is tough in Pvp especially when getting trained. Its hard to get ptw on multiple targets. I wish we could spread it more easily. I will have to wait and see. Doing dmg on a target dummy is easy, but on players…not so much.

1 Like

I’m going to reply to this to bump up the Perfect explained awful ramp up of shadow priests before doing any aoe. Also hate having to respec every time to go full aoe or only Single Target. While all the rogue, enhancement, monk, DH, they’re all good aoe and Single target without having to switch talents. We need a hired shadow priest who knows and plays a shadow priest. Too far into shadow priests to quit… Fix it blizzard. Don’t just, “hey lets buff a couple of their ST spells to hush them up for a little while longer.”

3 Likes

I logged on the PTR and compared against the recent hotfixes this week and what was deployed on the PTR. What we got this week for hotfixes is the same stuff on the PTR so the only new stuff will be talent changes.

I don’t think this is going to be a long PTR though. It’s just class changes and the trading post and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see this patch by the end of the month or early February.

Also, I played around with some builds on Holy on the PTR.

On holy I was curious if the Apathy talent would work with Burning Vehemence, but it doesn’t. Searing Light doesn’t even seem to be worth a point anymore because it’s just a flat 1k single target dps upgrade. The extra 5% damage from Holy Fire and Burning Vehemence is where most of your damage increase is going to come from.

It’s also easier to fit Empyreal Blaze into a raid build.

BAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAkUQCkkkSyBOQ0SJJJJEAAAAAAAAAAAIhkGaJRi0IkEE0KRikAA

Here is the build I will most likely be trying out once 10.0.5 hits.

I’ll talk about a few reasons for the choices and also have a few questions.

I think the buff to Painful Punishment allows us to get one point into Expiation with hardly any downside. The extra charge of Mind Blast allows us to justify one point into Inescapable Torment and get Mindbender.

Vampiric Embrace coming off GCD I think is pretty huge. Make a macro with Schism and the healing during Schism will be quite large.

Does Abyssal Reverie work with Shadow Word: Pain? if so Purge the Wicked might be swapped out.

Im currently 2150io so be gentle with the Feedback! LOL

It does, and you do get higher atonement during the duration of Scov. The problem is applying that many SW:P and maintaining them is a lot of globals.

Personally I don’t think Solace will be worth it unless you’re very concerned with mana. The nerf to it actually made it weaker than Smite no matter what your build - so you may as well just use the global on Smite.

Also think vamp embrace still probably won’t be worth it considering it’s not smart healing only heals one target and it only works on your ST shadow spells (It MIGHT be OK in a build using SW:P, as that works on Disc). That said, Sanguine teachings is about to be very good - so most likely that’s the better talent inside that choice node.

Otherwise everything in the disc tree is very personal preference in M+. Personally I’d get rid of some of the nodes you took up top and finish out the void summoner line. Lowering CD on bender is some pretty good mana returns, and with 2 charges of MB, you can make it have pretty good uptime. I’d also take protector of the frail because 2 charges of Pain supp is very attractive. But again, it’s very much personal preference.

1 Like

Kinda annoyed that Shadow can’t pick up utility points in the top section of the tree without losing damage in both ST and AoE now. Bliz managed to buff / alter the AoE gameplay to the point where it’s now optimal to play both Mind Spike and Mind Sear, leaving no space to pick up last word or psychic horror.

Moonkins currently pick between Solarbeam and damage on live, in 10.0.5 that’s changing. Shadow needs the same.

7 Likes

Void Torrent and Mindgames working with PL feels really amazing right now, but the fundamental reliance on SC still makes me feel bad.

1 Like

On ptr you mean?

Yeah it’s kinda crazy.

Yeah. I’m still only 380 ilvl, but I’m hitting 200k dps on my opener on the 5 dummies.

1 Like

Can we do something about this shadowpriest mind sear 100 insanity? Why do we only have 1 aoe… and its not even a normal aoe. We have to build it up to aoe while other classes can just aoe by rolling their face on the keyboard. A spriest shouldnt have to use cd to catch up or be right behind a tank aoe dmg on trash pull. Warrior tanks doing 40k aoe dmg… LOL

1 Like

Pretty concerned about the amount of buttons we are going to have come 10.0.5

Doesn’t seem like single target is getting simplified much and AoE is getting more abilities added.

3 Likes