1000s of hours wasted on maintenance

I ask for reimbursement when the pot hole that’s been neglected has blown my tyres.

3 Likes

You pay for a subscription to get on the server when they have it available. You don’t pay for constant access. Read the TOS, it says at their will in it.

13 Likes

Can we stop talking about apples like any of us are healthy? Replace with “mcdonalds breakfast” and continue.

1 Like

Entitled Karen alert! You agree to the TOS, which says you acknowledge the servers can be down at any time for any length of time. If you don’t like it then just unsub.

13 Likes

“Everyone I don’t like is an NPC”

Figures right wing lingo and terms are upvoted here. This community is trash.

14 Likes

Your cost to play is $.02 per hour.

While each of us might define “exuberant” differently, there is no reasonable standard that would consider this an exorbitant amount of money.

Please keep your hysteria in check.

8 Likes

Nah, this is paying for an apple and getting a potato, then having some rando tell me I should have expected a potato and have no right to complain because they were happy to receive a potato from their benevolent overlords.

11 Likes

do I want to make PB&Js or a Pizza?

What is going on with your avatar?

BINGO hahahaha

7 Likes

I have absolutely no idea.

It’s even affecting your armory. Maybe this is one of the bugs they won’t fix during maintenance? lmaooo

2 Likes

In fairness, technology prices drop over time not increase.

I’m not upset about maintenance or that it’s extended, but I don’t buy the fact that we have to be appreciative of Blizzard for not increasing the monthly fee, when the infrastructure of now is leaps and bounds better, with better throughput and at a lower cost to Blizzard.

4 Likes

By inflation alone it should be $22.50 a month, so you’re already getting a discount. Add in the reduced cost of the 6 month sub and you’re getting half off the cost of what the sub should be.

3 Likes

I just did a release for a small web app.

Had to create a new release branch, make a backup of the target database server, migrate database changes and new data, then run Octopus Deploy, which then had a whole long series of steps it had to go through, including shutting off IIS, shutting off the web API, fetching packages, moving artifacts of the current build to where they need to go, then turning IIS back on, turning the web services back on, turning the API back on, etc, etc.

This was for a small application and it took 10-20 minutes. And that was the happy path where everything went correctly.

WoW is magnitudes bigger than what I work with, and yet these people act like they know better than the WoW dev team, like all the devs have to do is flip a switch . . .

Devs are being called “incompetent” by people who don’t even know what the devs are even doing on days like today. Like, if you know so much about how to release new content into production for a game like WoW, why not enlighten us, or better, Blizzard, with your profound knowledge?

Meanwhile . . . servers are down because something needs to be fixed, upgraded, and/or added. They don’t bring down the servers for kicks and giggles.

21 Likes

As an Australian, this is what we’re paying.

What do you think server maintenance is for?

3 Likes

Apparently to break more things than they fix and give people an opportunity to defend incompetence.

5 Likes

Wrong. Try again if you’d like.

3 Likes

Is what happens when you’re rushed to produce and don’t adequately test the game on the PTR for game breaking bugs for a reasonable amount of time. The fault lies mostly with corporate.

1 Like