1000s of hours wasted on maintenance

If I paid 50 cents for an apple and got a potato I’d expect to get a refund or be able to return my potato for the apple I had agreed to purchase.

Some of these people have no expectations or standards.

8 Likes

Oh HO, you say? I think that the likelihood of extending the extension is very high, especially given recent events.

You can say “man” like you’re auditioning for The Big Lebowski all you want, it doesn’t make you sound any less like an NPC. Actually, it makes you sound more fake.

4 Likes

Today in People Who Desperately Need to Get a Life

16 Likes

you’re not including the fact that after the maintenances are over - there’s numerous server restarts and other bugs that arise when they push new crap.
like for example: 2 weeks ago during Tuesday maintenance raid and dungeon instances were bugged on my server for almost a full 48 hours.
The game was unplayable and I lost two days of raid time in my CE guild because Blizzard can’t figure out how to patch their game properly.
Paying monthly for this is becoming ridiculous honestly, getting totally fed up with it. I feel like every time I try to play in the mornings we have at least one server restart that #$@1’s me out of being able to do my world quests.

The last month has been horrendous for unplanned downtime and game breaking bugs.

9 Likes

Just know, that white knighting for a company is silly.

They offer a service at a premium, eventually the game you love will be dead.

11 Likes

Yeah, how dare people that pay for a service get upset when that service is constantly not available. THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE.

Do you even hear yourself?

11 Likes

This is like paying 50 cents for an apple, going to the store at 7:30, and getting upset because the janitor is still sweeping up. Your apple will still be there when it opens.

(In this hypothetical scenario, I guess you can buy apples in one of those order ahead, pickup at store deals? Also, 50 cents is pretty cheap for an apple these days.)

3 Likes

When I feel like it, tbh. I’m not quite as addicted to the game as some other people on this forum seem to be, so I don’t really care.

There is a lot of power in the ability to go “Oh well” and redirect your attention to something else.

Like I said, stuff falls through all the time. You can either sit there and be mad about it which is a waste of energy and time–and doesn’t even feel good.

Or you can do something else, perhaps something you’ve been putting off for awhile. I get a lot of stuff done whenever my initial plans for something fall through.

I find it a healthy way to deal with the frustration or disappointment that my plans didn’t work out. It’s better than stewing in it.

19 Likes

100% agree to many people defending the ridiculous number of hours of Maintenace lately seem to have no problem sitting on the forums arguing with people while telling to go outside and do stuff in RL, hypocrisy at its finest.

17 Likes

There’s no such thing as time wasted on maintenance. Maintenance is by its very definition necessary. It might be more than we would like, and probably more than the WoW team would like, but it wouldn’t be happening if there weren’t a reason for that.

13 Likes

Not really white knighting, just repeating what Blizzard themselves has said. Certainly wouldn’t get bent out of shape over $15 a month that’s for sure.

Oh no, whatever will I do with myself in a world of millions of options for entertainment.

6 Likes

Yeah, but now you’re at the store, and the store is closed.

Come back later and try again, maybe you can get that apple.

1 Like

Generally, yes this is a good thing. However, at some point this company needs to be held accountable for the severe lack of quality they are cramming down our throats while charging us more than ever. They don’t just get a free pass until the end of time.

6 Likes

OP,

Do you ask for your taxes back when the road you take to work is closed for maintenance?

14 Likes

You’re*

And most people are saying the same things, because it is common sense. If they did not do maintenance, then things would be even more borked.

It’s not like they’re straight shutting servers down for days on end. Y’all need to chill out a bit.

18 Likes

yes it is perfectly acceptable. There hasn’t been as much downtime as people like to claim. It really isn’t that bad. No matter what time they do it at there will be someone that is in an unfortunate situation where that was the time they could play. You are being extremely selfish in your demands. You just gotta suck it up buttercup.

11 Likes

I caught it after I posted lol

2 Likes

oh IDC personally, damn near everyone ive played the game with has quit has no desire to come back, game is already dead to me.

1 Like

hahahaha wait a second, did OP do a cumulative count for lost time for everyone?

1 Like