1000s of hours wasted on maintenance

you people who are defending this crap do realise the cumulative number of hours of all players lost, costs the players as a whole an exuberant amount of money right?

this is unacceptable by any means. when it comes to the individual’s standpoint you may deem it inconsequential, but the whole point of having servers up %99 of the time allows us the right to play whenever we would like. THIS IS WHAT WE PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR.

There is nothing more disheartening than coming home from work with only a few hours to raid with guildies only to find what little time of unwinding you had, has been cancelled because of sheer incompetence.

94 Likes

The subscription cost takes downtime into account. If there was no downtime the price would go up.

43 Likes

even in the event of extended maintenance?

5 Likes

The people defending it are NPCs. They have NPC behavior and hivemind-like reactions.

No, this isn’t acceptable from a company as big as Blizzard in a game as big as WoW, no matter how you spin it. The people that go out of their way to defend it are mega cringe.

They aren’t even fixing anything during these maintenance windows. I would be fine with them if they were, but the same bugs from launch are still present to this day. The same bugs from the patch are still in. They aren’t fixing a damn thing. The game feels so broken right now and I’m also bored of these NPCs defending it constantly.

57 Likes

I made a thread about this yesterday… Had the usual White Knights in it, most of us skipped by that and had a good discussion…

7 Likes

Translation: nerd is angry it might have to go outside.

94 Likes

Yup. Back when they originally created the sub price they had 8+ hour maintenance every Tuesday.

And in 20 years, despite inflation, the price has remained the same.

53 Likes

I like the people who have clearly never done any computer work are crying about maintenance

72 Likes

Its a two hour extension, I think you’ll be fine.

17 Likes

Touch grass, make money, get a girl, that’s the best advice I can give you right now, brother.

33 Likes

I think they are okay with a few people quitting over maintenance rather than having thousands of people quit over game breaking bugs.

36 Likes

If you know so much about blizzard’s systems, why dont you work at blizzard. You are obviously qualified, otherwise you wouldn’t be telling us how blizzard is doing their job wrong

17 Likes

I signed up for the subscription fully aware that it included maintenance. Vote with your wallet and quit if losing $0.08 every month is that harmful to your mental health.

38 Likes

I’m not usually one to complain but the constant maintenance is really starting to get to me and it’s worse when they keep extending it. But oh well what can you do besides wait.

8 Likes

Its not just about the money fren, its about the principal and the inconvenience.

12 Likes

All this stuff was suppose to be tested on the PTR realms …why if its tested its not found then and fixed but instead its put into the game causing more down time…that is what is maddening…

16 Likes

Nah, I’m just an adult who grew out of throwing childish tantrums when I don’t get what I want immediately.

This stuff happens. I think we can all cope with it.

Whether it’s a video game, plans with friends, or something else–things fall through or have to be postponed all the time in life.

Learning to take that in stride (in whatever form it takes) makes life feel a lot less “unfair” and stressful.

Ever heard of a “rain check”?

That’s life, man.

44 Likes

The price went up… and they have not changed anything in the game either… same junk servers, same lack of support, same lag… no creativity, mogs/mounts are just different colours… what justifies a price hike? nothing… we’re already overpaying for an old game.

19 Likes

The PTR is for pushing out broken content as fast as possible and then live-beta’ing it for months.

For instance, empowering Eternity’s Surge for Evokers has been broken since beta. It doesn’t go off 1/3 of the time. It STILL isn’t fixed and it’s one of their core spec abilities. Maybe during one of these 4000 “maintenance” windows they can, I don’t know, fix class abilities so their NEW CLASS can operate correctly?

It’s all such a joke.

9 Likes

At what point would you draw the line my man?