No Classic in 2019

ROI means everything. The bean counters will do the math.

Speaking as one who would only be coming back to play classic, full stop, this is not something I would worry about as much as celebrate.

IMHO keeping it completely separate from the loot piñata cash shop abortion would suit me just fine. If BFA etc is going to fail, I would prefer it not have a chance of dragging classic down with it.

3 Likes

Personally, I have a serious issue with spending money on something I already purchased, especially since this is not a remastered, special edition (which is the whole point of course). Subscription, no problem of course, but I don’t like paying for the same thing twice.

2 Likes

You are still playing what you originally paid for. You agreed when you began that gameplay would change.

2 Likes

In 2004, I think it is safe to say that the “reasonable man” (legal standard) would have expected “changes in gameplay” to fall within certain range. Or be restricted to the Expansions only, and not all-encompassing.

Just because I agreed to “changing gameplay” doesn’t mean you can sell me a copy of Mortal Combat Online or something comparable,and then over the course of the next several years turn it into Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

2 Likes

The announced year for releasing WoW Classic, 2019, has not changed.

74 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::sparkler::sparkler:

2 Likes

Safe. Whew.

1 Like

Notice he didn’t say summer though. :wink:

10 Likes

cheers for the update.

1 Like

They probably don’t have a set time yet. I’ve always thought it was going to be late August myself.

deeply thankful

So hype. When are the pre-sales starting? TAKE MY MONEY

1 Like

its free you just need a sub

It’s kinda good they are keeping classic under the radar so the investors and Activision leave it alone, and don’t try to monetize it.

4 Likes

Thank you Blizzard.

You guys rock!

2 Likes

It’s ok, sometimes projects are late, happy to hear the news

2 Likes

Well, joke when it was first announced was it would be November 2019 in time for the 15th Anniversary. So as long it makes that deadline, I’m happy.

2 Likes

just made my day Bornakk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meant to say thanks to you. Appreciate the communication.

You guys rock!

2 Likes

Yithins who? Welcome, Bornakk!