10.0 Most Wanted Features!?

I can think of some.
Mage- time healing spec
Shaman- Tank spec based on earth and volcanoes
Priest - Ranged holy dps spec, with maybe a bow.
Rogue - Ninja/samrui tank spec
Demonhunter - old demo lock ranged fel spec. Maybe with chackrams
Warlock - Fel healing spec with healing demons.
Warrior - weaponmaster spec. Able to equip like 8 weapons. Get stats from one. And abilties use the weapons you have equipped for the animations.
Monk - Ranged fire/jade caster spec, that weaves close combat with ranged magic. Return of jade fire blossom attack. Uses Yu’lon.
Dk- Fire based spec dps/tank
Druid - Class skin based on botanist/arcane druids
Hunter - pet tanking spec, pet shares hp pool with you. Ranged/melee tanking spec mix. LIke rexxar.
Paladin - Sort of want to see a dark naaru tank spec. Like the void class from destiny. Void shields would be nice.

Hi if you enjoy the current races good on you! I enjoy many of them, even some that aren’t playable and I would like to play. Some of these you can play through disguises. The disguise system is tied to toys which is why I think they can work that in with new races. I play all the classes, I would love to play new ones. I like the gameplay systems we have now and looking to play this game through the eyes of a new class or race can feel exciting. You are playing a combo available since Vanilla wow, so you obviously are already satisfied with your own choices. I like playing new races, learning about them and enjoying there transmog/looks/ play experience.

This is a blizzard problem, since they have had to take from others to add stuff like demonhunters. But there are other fantasies that can be explored my favorite being gunmage. Which can play basically like a new overwatch hero if they wanted to add like a Bazooka spell with magics. Ammo that summons adds like devourers. Shooting magic through gun weapons, and maybe even healing allies.

Or stuff like an alchemy healing spec, often played in final fantasy games would be a nice healing spec. Sort of like Ana from overwatch.

People dont really graps the idea that these two freaking games cater to different demographics.

Most Asian MMOs of success, and most things here in Asia from all kinds, cater to different publics because here most people are different.

If you live here, you might need to get used to length texts, instructions, protocols, and the need to understand things without having to be hand held for them.

The same way, most people are not moving to FFXIV even if they “say” it is better, it is because it is nice to say it is better, but these people like the lazy game design and the lack of detail in WoW.

A game to have many classes, many races, many professions, it needs to either occupy a small pool of knowledge with all of them, or expand with them. WoW does what it does, it is not because they cant do other way, it is because the WoW demographic wants it simple, and one line explainable.

The concept of TL;DR is not something many people really want outside its “demographic” reserved to certain kinds of content consumer. Many people like complex and knowledge demanding things, and that is not wow.

In WoW, more classes, more races, more anything will always mean less for each.

People are really mesmerized by some aspects of FFXIV, but most people talking about it here are clueless how to play it in an effective way.

Alas, in most games, from EVE online to FFXIV, one form of referring to a inept player is calling them WoW dropout.

2 Likes

Mage: blue magic
mage: force field barrier tank
Druid: Nature/forest DPS
shaman: earth tank
Shaman: Lava burst dps
shaman: Lightning storm dps
Priest: punishing sins as dps
rogue: fencing/samuri/muskateer style where 1 handed sword with 1 hand side stepping and back stepping as dodging
demon hunter: using wings as weapons
warlock: heal with summoning demons for ripping their souls out like guldan in the movie and putting it into allies
warlock: constant demon summoning as using them to tank
warrior: glad
warrior: praying to norse gods for buffs then hitting an attack with it for big dmg
dk: domination magic
dk: soul magic
dk: blood dps
monk: spirit spells/spirit bomb
hunter: pet tank
hunter: seperate bow and gun as sperate specs
paladin: plate shadow priest

That was based on design. And it’s only a problem because WoW has been trying to market itself in esports. The simpler design would be more attractive to players watching those sorts of things but even then trying to make wow and esport made issues for players. The simple design is part the wow gameplay. It’s not bad. Usually it’s easy to play hard to master sort of thing where you need to sim your stuff if you want to do the content, and the content designed around the community using sims and addons.

I am not focused on an effective way to play, more like an enjoyable fun way.

4th Hunter spec

Based on the playstyle found in Survival prior to Legion.

Removal of all faction walls.

3 Likes

More bank tabs! Bigger bags! Or just let me move in with Archivist Roh-Suir, I see more of him then I do my family.

2 Likes

However the people in charge of WoW knows it is a business, and they do things that they know will keep more people paying, even if means less people playing.

Hard concept to grasp, and in WoW it doesnt really pay out as it does for other games.

The paying players of EVE Online for example collectively pay to CCP almost 4 times net revenue than all the players of WoW do to Blizzard. That is because many players in EVE have paid like 100 years worth of payment, and most Blizzard players think twice in paying a 6 month sub and buying one or two mounts. EVE Online players buy virtual crap as a norm for most of the paying players.

The EVE online information can easily be known because they have audits. WoW information is more tricky, but you can know the revenue of individual games, despite not knowing how many they are.

Lots of differences between those two models, and as Yoshida said, tending towards selling things in MMOs is a bad design, because to sell you need to make, and to make you incur in costs. The cost of making an item in a shop in a game is high, and only justify if you know or can push that item to a certain number of players, and each player is a cost in itself.

In EVE many people talk about the fact the one player pay for a “free player”, but that is mechanically difficulted by the game, as more players mean more costs, and they rather have the player spending money in thing for the player self rather than adding another cost player on it.

So all in all, many things people say “Blizzard dont do because they dont want it”, it is rather because it is not worth it. And lately, many things are not worth it in WoW, that are in other games, because the of the crappy demographic prevalent in modern WoW.

So yeah, it does not pay off to expand wow if not at the cost of shrinking other parts of WoW.

In what ways do you mean by expand wow? I listed so many. Some things like mixing of allied race stuff to main races would effectively be like a new thing to collect. Much like people collect mounts, collecting skins is something already done in blizzard games. The cosmetics we chase are transmog and mounts. Vanity items. Adding skin tone stuff would be like as hard as adding new armor pieces. And stuff like hairstyles would be something like a helmet piece. We get those regularly unless designing gear assets is much easier then stuff for your character?

I guess…compared to everyone else I’m rather simple. I want worgen to have tails, vulpera to have a nine tails options, Vulpera to get idk maybe a paladin option, and for the alliance to be the reason we go to war next time with the Horde ultimately winning it and telling the alliance they’ve been bad like they’ve been doing to horde for years now

Though I like the ideas that are presented ,this system would confuse the player and would only be the same as covanants features but if they are talents.maybe another line? that I can understand would work. I still like the ideas of rune master as a archeological feature that I can get behind .

For everyone who thinks it is “easy” and “not much of a job” and not much of “asset demanding” to make the things they suggest, I suggest you to download Unity, Unreal or some game engine (which even makes it easier), download a sample game (that might be waaaaaaaaaaay simpler than WoW) and try to make such changes yourself.

It is probably easy when you have like 7 years in various college courses about what you doing, but still not a different task, you just know how to do it. And you probably paid for that knowledge a sum you want to receive proportionally to do that job.

Then, you see that asking for a “new slot in bank”, or a “change in XP structure” is absurdly different than asking for one new hairstyle. What to say about an entire new race, or an entire new class.

A playable race is introduced from the start, a long time from the availability, and takes a lot of modeling, preparing and adapting until it comes to be a playable race. It is not like you just slap in the asset list “this is playable, this is not” and voila, you can play it.

So this work must pay off some way, and at this time, this work will only pay off if some other work is removed. Because you know, you have to follow up and adapt every playable race for some changes, and every time you add one, you are adding one more race to be balanced, to be modeled, to be voiced, to be tailored for quests, and whatnot.

This is not a work that comes cheap or easy. So to “deserve” expansion of work, people need to actually make it worth.

That is why I reserve some of the things I would criticize in the game, and some people come say I am “complacent” over some issues. The thing is: I know what I want from my work in order to do what my customers want. I have a pretty good idea what blizzard want to be happy in adding more work to make their customers happy, and this forum is not a good example of it.

1 Like

Okay I’m sold

Well to be fair they’re a billion dollar company and no one there is working for free except maybe some unlucky interns.

Just because the work isn’t easy doesn’t mean we can’t have high expectations and make suggestions for things such as new classes and races.

That being said I’m sure they have a pretty lengthy development roadmap so even if they want to implement certain suggestions they see that stuff would most likely get pushed to the back of the line and we wouldn’t see it implemented for months.

I agree,some people are too demanding ,their desires too much and the creators sit how can we please all these customers and keep our sanity. It’s like being a babysetter ,well in a way it is.

You haven’t mentioned what you wanted? You just are saying what blizzard wants. I know they want money, but the players want stuff too. I got into this game in wotlk. You know what sold me or got me to try the new game? The death knight class. I am like wow this game looks cool. They invested in this class. I thought it was cool, and started to get into wow from a new class. I started a druid, because I couldn’t go dk from the start and I learned about the game. But the DK class is what got me to purchase the expansion and I learned more in game. I also thought it was a cool idea that you could play a zombie as a hero… and I instantly made a ton of alts since I liked the classes and leveling systems.

You need to spend money to make money, and I know blizz does spend money. In BFA they spent a bunch on those cinematics and it didn’t pay off with the bad storytelling. So they should invest in good parts such as gameplay stuff that will hook players in and keep them in the game with many more activities then such things as running mythic plus, or focusing soley on raids. Those are nice and we always get those but it’s nice to focus on other things too. Like they spend a good chunk of time on mythic stuff… how many players actually do that in the end? You could say they should invest in all sorts of players.

And some of the things I mentioned like mixing the allied races into base races would effectively reduce the amount of races, and give them more racials to choose from. So it would be giving more value to old races.

1 Like

An old saying is Keep It Simple. Basics things need to be done. Balance classes, less grinds, more rewards, pvp fixed.

1 Like

I keep hearing this,bad storytelling t,there is no such a thing,bad plots don’t mean it a bad story. I can argue this point to the cows come home and the sun rises. That 's in the eyes of the beholder.

As for company resources that has to be balanced and the project worth the investment than running off on whim,management is not an easy job when people struggle for money on a short time frame.

Are you telling me you enjoy the story? Or enjoyed it in bfa war of thorns? Or you enjoy it now? Do you think it deserved those cinematics? Because that was a bunch of $. The whole of thorns was a shaky foundation to the expansion imo. The art looks lovely but if we instead got a dark ranger class that expansion… guess which one I would have picked.

True,the whole of the game has to be looked at as of whole not just storytelling,we have problem in pvp that need addressing because levers are getting one shooted. they need help on this matter than to have brand new class abilities .