10 years, really?

It’s entirely possible we’ll exit the Shadowlands into Azeroth’s past.

2 Likes

Or we’ll exit Shadowlands and arrive in Starcraft.

1 Like
7 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much just yet. The way they phrased it seemed to be as a way to explain why some lore characters have been in the Shadowlands for years in spite of having only died a little while ago, and such.

If anything, with the veil shattered, time has probably synced up.

3 Likes

Sucks we never got a World of Starcraft mmo.

4 Likes

I think 10 years is a guess to use as an example of what could happen. The actual time is unknown,

1 Like

You guys say “reset the lore”, but idk if a timeskip would fix all the issues we have now.

The setting would still be the same, which surely enough a lot of people would like since it’s one of the things most people like about the game. Yet it also keeps the characters, they would just be champions of ages past or something, their marks on history were still made in the story at least until Blizzard chooses otherwise.

I just don’t see a timeskip making everything suddenly better, but it would be interesting and cool of how the world has changed through those years.

1 Like

With the lore in such a narrative pit, I certainly hope they don’t miss the oportunity to dig their way out. Or do something really interesting (like eliminate or change factions).

But sadly, you might be right, they might do some shallow flashing thing that doesn’t really change anything and say “looked, we skipped time, we are so innovative!”

I mean, it depends what they do with it. They could have any number of things that would obviate the current problems. They could have the Night Elves and the Trolls locked in struggle to reassert their ancient empires.

It opens up possibilities for a narrative where they had painted themselves into a corner. Now this is Blizzard, so they could waste it. They could make things worse (not sure how, but it is Blizz we are talking about). But it could be something better.

Could the light at the end of the tunnel. Could be a train.

I don’t see that as an improvement of the past actions, simply newer stories that have both potential to be written well or written poorly.

But I suppose you’re correct in stating that it depends on how they go about it. I think that separate story arcs through different points in a story, like say expansions, are different from each other. It’s like one season of a show being bad while another season of a show being good.

1 Like

Some people just seem to think that 10 years would erase all the war crimes that happened in wow lately, and thats just funny as hell cause in real life we are still facing the consequences of stuff like ww2

3 Likes

I don’t for a second think Blizzard will actually do a time skip. They didn’t after WoD despite the weird time difference then (see how Draenor jumped ahead 35 years in BfA). Ion’s just saying things, Blizzard says a lot of things.

2 Likes

10 years into the future would be interesting but I don’t hold much hope that will actually happen.

Also what’s up with Bellular involving Yrel in almost all his videos? It’s getting tiresome

Throw enough darts at a board, eventually get a hit. I assume is his ploy.

1 Like

That does not sound very appealing at all…

1 Like

The game is rated “Mature” so if parents are letting 5 year olds play this game unsurpervised, I have to wonder about them.

2 Likes

i dont understand how Shadowlands time being different means years will pass on Azeroth.

we could spend 10 years in the shadowlands and only 1 day could pass on Azeroth.

1 Like

I mean there’s always the Days of Future Past route

No, this game is rated T for Teen

Last time I checked, 5 year olds were not considered teenagers, and even 10 would be pushing it.