10 Man Mythic raid for 10.0

It’ll bring good people back. I’m all for it. I hope blizz does it.

1 Like

I think 10 man limits design choices, for that reason alone I think 10 man shouldn’t be a thing.

2 Likes

Mythic IS the hardest difficulty, you’re right. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a 10 man option.

Your average returning player/casual smol guild doesn’t exist anymore because there is nothing FOR them. That’s why you hear the constant complaint of “making the game for the top 5%” of players.

Master loot + 10 man raiding literally would bring back the majority of the missing player base.

4 Likes

Mythic+
Pve with multiple levels and for 5 people, for returning players and smol guilds.

While I know what you’re trying to say, I don’t agree. If you can’t design a good fight for 10 players, then you’re not a good designer. Not to be “that guy” (I don’t even play the game) but FFXIV does their 8 man raiding very good and has some of the best raid design with an even smaller raid team.

And people who say that “just do mythic plus” don’t understand that running dungeons and raiding are two very different things. That’s like saying “Oh, you want 10 man content? Just go do RBGs since that’s 10man” lol

3 Likes

As somebody who runs a CE guild:

• No to 10-man raiding.
  • YES to Mythic raiding scaling with team size, from 10 to 30.

The worst part about raiding a fixed size like 20 is that you need more than 20 people on the roster (since people have RL things that pop up), but that when everyone is on, not everyone can play.

And telling people “you can’t play tonight” sucks.

We had the SAME issues raiding 10-man with 11 or 12 players, back in the day.

Scaling raids are good. Everything scales except Mythic.

Make Mythic scale.

“But what about the world first race.” I. Don’t. Care. Neither do most Mythic raiders I talk to. Y’all can do whatever you want with your spectator event.

10 Likes

I know you said “No to 10-man raiding” but then you just followed it up with scaling team size of 10-30 man team size, which means “Yes to 10-man raiding”.

I think 10 man raiding in a flexible team size is exactly the fix we’d need or need to be looking for. Flexible mythic is a great solution, but understandably potentially difficult to balance. But so is everything else. I’d rather them tackle something difficult then not try at all.

I don’t want another fixed raid size. Fixed raid sizes are dumb, and 10-man comes with the same problems that 20-man does.

(Spoken as somebody who has run 20-, 10-, and 25-man raids throughout WoW’s history.)

Well what a good fight is subjective. I haven’t raided in FF14 so no point in debating, we both lack perspective on the other.

I did a post about QoL regarding raid some months ago

Because, I don’t like the fixed size 20, Guilds actually need 20+ in order to avoid issues when someone can’t do it, it transform the game mechanic of the game more into a chore and I know raiding has certain level of responsability due to all players time involve, however this could be improved, I don’t do Mythic since MoP because there’s a playerbase that don’t want or doesn’t reach that amount of players for a core.

2 Likes

What about the concern that certain raid sizes will make bosses easier or harder?

I get that fixed sizes create logistical issues, But I think the fixed difficulty is worth it.

What about it?

Fights are already easier or harder if you stack immunities, or Boomkins, or Mass Dispels, or whatever. There are too many examples to list.

Why is that okay but letting people actually play is suddenly a problem?

2 Likes

IMO, just do it, bring more things to do…there’s a lot of players that just do heroic and that’s it due to the next tier being locked around a fixed size, there’s players that don’t want to interact with 20+ players, they’ve a small group and they’re good with mechanics.

1 Like

It just feels weird to me to have a boss where 20 is substantially easier than 21+ right before a boss that is really easy with less than 15, followed by one where you really want 30.

1 Like

Why?

We’re gonna bring all 28 raiders to every fight no matter what. Some fights will be easier, some will be harder. Same as now on Heroic.

Even with flex mythic raiding you will have to bench some dps. You cant have 13 dps and only 3 healers or 5 healers with only 10 dps.

1 Like

We manage just fine on Heroic and we have plenty of folks who can switch between DPS & heals. Not an issue.

WE ALREADY DO THIS ON HEROIC, guys. It’s strange to me that people have this weird hangup about doing it on Mythic.

Mythic =/= heroic lmao

1 Like

Since I raid cutting edge mythic, and you don’t do Mythic at all, I think have an infinitely better idea of the differences and similarities between the two than you, thankyouverymuch.

3 Likes

It’s not just difficulty scaling, but mechanic options.

Some of the mythic mechanics we’ve seen in the mythic era just wouldn’t work above or below certain raid sizes.

1 Like