10-50 in 7 hours? Why?

I’d understand if during levelling you had a great story to follow along

Unfortunately, levelling is a chore and unless you are a new player, there’s nothing to gain from it

I have a far better question, what does the player gain by making this process longer? Because there is no reason for a long ridiculous grind to max level anymore except hard headed tradition. I know how to play the game, so what’s the purpose in playing old content for weeks and weeks just to get to where everyone else is? It’s pointless.

1 Like

“I suffered through this and you should have to suffer through it too.”

That is still part of the game.

Still part of the game…

Yeah still part of the game.

Nothing new here. Have you seen some of the green bfa starter gear at 120? Some of it’s on AH for like 500g no less lol.

1 Like

Don’t worry OP.

Even if it only takes 7 hours to go from 10-50 it takes 15 hours to do every quest in shadowlands and it only takes you from 50-58. You have 2 full levels of grinding mobs out in the world which will take another ~10 hours.

Blizzard knows players really love completing all available content in the game and still not being max level. This really brings back the classic feel of feeling like you’re spending 6 months leveling but in reality it was just 10 hours of smashing your head into a wall.

1 Like

Seriously does anybody have a link for this or have information on it? Was it a speed leveling run or was it just a person playing casually?

Why make it longer? Most of us has already been there and done that time and time again.

2 Likes

Blizzard is reverting back into their “time played metrics”, especially when you consider the Timewalking nerf.

It was done by one low level and 4 max level characters using party-sync. Definitely someone speed leveling and not indicative of what is going to happen normally. Absurd to think any but a select few are going to go out of their way to get 4 max level toons in to do dungeons with them on a regular basis.

1 Like

7 hours was essentially speed-running (Full buffs, twinked out, running through draenor doing treasures and bonus events as fast as you could). Some of that stuff has been nerfed in SL since then. The more realistic time for Little Timmy is probably double or triple that(ish).

Back in TBC the average player was younger and had more time. As the game progressed we got older and more us have kids and careers, and less time to grind levels. This certainly isn’t the only factor, but it is part of it.

Blockquote 7 hours was essentially speed-running (Full buffs, twinked out, running through draenor doing treasures and bonus events as fast as you could). Some of that stuff has been nerfed in SL since then. The more realistic time for Little Timmy is probably double or triple that(ish).

This definitely isn’t accurate. The video in reference was specifically a dungeon run with 4 max level toons and one leveling character.

Nope. Low levels are no longer able to sell mats. You can struggle to farm up the mats by fighting mobs that scale to your own level, but thanks to changes that mean hardly anybody levels earlier expansions’ professions, they do not sell. The AH is flooded with mats that are priced at little more than vendor value.

A player who reaches level 60 currently who doesn’t have a sugar daddy character funding him will not have enough gold to buy flying.

A player on a starter account will not have enough gold to buy riding on reaching level 20.

A player without a sugar daddy character currently does not have the ~10k gold to buy fastest flying until sometime in Legion.

Lies. Only 6 years ago you could buy gear off the AH as a leveler. I bought a bow for 20s. I got drops while with a vendor value of 2s, marked them up to 20s, and sold them.

The idea that a new player with no gold could buy a BoE to replace his grey starter zone gear with a vendor value of 2s that YOU marked up to 2000g is a sick joke. Ha.

Will most people do the dungeon grind? Prob not. Honestly I’m calling it now it will be before the patch drops

Exactly. OP’s point is moot at best. I understand where they’re coming from but what, they don’t approve of speed leveling so they come here to shout about making leveling longer?

I find that difficult to believe especially once it hits retail. Old content is still old content. People will want to level up old professions, and the mats are needed. Supply and demand will refurbish, imo.

That is the same scenario for many others who don’t have a sugar daddy char. Nothing new.

You work for that stuff as a new character, just like everybody has at one point. Putting in time and effort into your character shows. Nothing new.

Same applies above. No new characters and people new to the game are going to have mass amounts of gold unless they purchase tokens. When did it happen that people forgot to work for what they want?

Call it lies all you want, I’d be glad to show you SS of my realms AH.

Of course it’s a sick joke, it sucks! I’m not however dumb enough to turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

There’s all sorts of people doing it various ways, its not like there is only one way to do this.

The game has been out for 16 years. Most long term don’t want to level anymore. We’ve seen all of these zones 500 times already and usually just want to get to the end game as fast as possible. I’d say a long leveling experience is a significant barrier of entry for new players and probably puts them off to playing. I think 7 hours is a bit too short but I get why they’re doing it.

I’m hoping in Shadowlands there isn’t significant catch-up required. I came back to the game and had to sit there and farm reputations for weeks straight just to unlock flying, cloak, amulet, etc. This is on-top of leveling being such a tedious process jumping continent to continent when you outlevel everything.

in 2020 leveling isn’t funny anymore.

Time is money friend.

1 Like