10-50 in 7 hours? Why?

Wow, I didn’t even know that :frowning:

Faster leveling is a good idea imo. Only going through one storyline as a new player/old player wanting to experience some nostalgia it makes sense.

2 Likes

I like the format, it’s quicker and you can choose what xpac to level through instead of having to slog through every single one.

I think the vast majority of people just want to hit max and start doing dungeons/pvp or whatever they have an interest in. As for the people that just like leveling, this doesn’t really effect them. It’s just a quicker leveling experience but nothing is stopping you from making new characters and doing it all over again.

It’s a win win

1 Like

I detest leveling with a passion so the faster, the better. All the involved stuff is max level anyway.

2 Likes

Honestly this is how it should have always been.

A new player isn’t buying a game for 1-50 content.

Wow isn’t selling 1-50 content.

7 Likes

I guarantee within the next 2 expansions leveling will be removed altogether and only item level will remain.

3 Likes

Or you can simply play “classic” if you prefer that pace.

WoW “retail” is about it’s current expansion these days. Making people trudge through previous content at a ponderous pace is not going to convince them to stick around when everyone is in Shadowlands.

If the leveling pace gives them a long enough experience to figure out their class and the mechanics of WoW, that’s enough.

3 Likes

oh its a beautiful thing.
if youre running thru Mists content, for example, you will out level the content…ie hit 50 before you finish it…way before.
So you’d want to turn experience off so you dont outlevel it before youre done.
BUT…if you turn Experience off on the PTR, you cant then choose a timeline from Chromie, so your dungeon list to queue for is empty LOL.

Conversely, if you choose an expansion with Chromie so you can run dungeons, you cant then turn Experience off so you wont level too fast.

Its a horrid, flipping joke that literally ruins most of how I like to enjoy this game, which is healing in lowbie dungeons with locked characters.

3 Likes

you lost me when you hollered nerf.

it’s a gut reaction, instead don’t nerf is my gut reaction.

I not only want the fast leveling, but my heirloom xp bonus back also.

I tend to do everything and stop and smell the roses as I level so that 7 hour thing, would more likely be 2 - 3 weeks for me.

All a nerf of the speed runners would do would make it even slower than my usual pace.

/-(

It takes Min maxers 7 hours to get to 50 it will not take casuals and new players only 7 hours. It’s fine.

6 Likes

Short leveling makes sense moving into an expansion that is supposedly alt character friendly.

I havnt leveled a character in a long time because its a mess and honestly buying all the leveling gear and jumping all over the game makes it seem like a terrible experience.

Im excited about leveling alts once prepatch hits and a big part of that is the shorter time span and being able to level inside a single expansion. I was planning to make an alts and hit all the expansions at some point as long as they keep the leveling time reasonable.

If they artificially extend leveling times they will eventually tip the balance over to not worth it for people like me that are interested in the new leveling experience but not enough to sink tons of time into kill quests and the like.

I want to play through the expansion storyline and run a few dungeons… do some side quests along the way and be 50 at the end of the storyline… its that simple.

2 Likes

I love leveling but I don’t enjoy the grind that it became. In the end I want to get to the end game.

4 Likes

Fact: months ago Ion said that powerleveling streamers were leveling too fast and leveling was going to be retuned to slow this down.

It turned out the streamers in question were alliance using warmode. The bonus was 30%, so they blanket nerfed Shadowlands leveling by 30%.

After that, people were no longer able to reach level 60 by doing the storyline quests, which are flagged in the quest log to make sure you don’t miss them, but makes side quests appear optional. The content is not scaled, so you can’t go back and do them later, because they are green and give next to no xp.

If, after completing a zone, your level is not high enough to enter the next zone, you can’t continue leveling. Dungeons now give only 2% of a level of xp. Mobs give next to nothing. But your entry to the next zone is blocked.

You may just barely enter a zone and find you are fighting mobs that are 2 levels higher than you, with difficulty, because they are not scaled. You may get a quest reward that’s an upgrade and would help you fight those mobs, but you can’t equip it because it has a minimum level requirement higher than your level.

To get anywhere near 60 you have to do warmode and all the sidequests, and you still may have to grind mobs.

And you want them to nerf it even more because of one streamer? Give me a break!

6 Likes

this game is 16 years old we are done with the long leveling process lol. we just want to raid and do m+

3 Likes

I want the fast leveling too, personally. But theyve screwed this up so badly I dont know how theyre going to fix it.
Literally removing the asinine restriction that keeps us from running (queueing for) old content dungeons while experience locked would alleviate the problem so we could at least run as much of the expansion as we wanted to AND queue for dungeons too without being harassed having to run to the capital city every blasted time to turn Chromie time and experience on/off.
But this is blizzard we’re talking about, so I dont see them doing anything that makes sense in helping players rather than making us waste as much of our game time as humanly possible

This leveling thing was supposed to make the game better, but for me its only making it much, much worse.

Good, 1-120 takes maybe 1 day of played time to do, that’s way too long.

1 Like

Then just delete old content entirely and be done with it so the rest of us who dont raid can divert our gaming $$$ to other game companies who still care about their entire player base.

3 Likes

That’s how retail is, about endgame

If you want a long drawn out fight uphill I think you already know the place to find it

Burning crusade reboot will be added as an option down the road so I’d be patient for that

what an awful take. Some people like leveling in retail and just level alts on repeat.

have you played classic? It was fun once at launch now it is just awful to level

if you want that experience go play classic

Leveling only exists to make previous xpac gear obsolete. I don’t see that changing.