1 Work order every 20 hours? Thought it was 4 every 24?

Yesterday I completed 4 work orders back to back.

Said, new work orders in 24 hours…ok np.

Tonight logged in, did 1 work order.

Time until next available work order 20 hours.

What gives?

5 Likes

I just had the same thing, and am also confused.

I’m only able to do one work order on my Scribe. Yesterday it said I had 4, I did one it instantly went to 0, I just now did one, and it says I have 0 left again…

3 Likes

I am having this same issue. I just filled an inscription order where it said I had 2 charges and after one it went to 0. I am not getting 4 charges every 24 hours. Basically just 1 every 24 hours since the initial 4 I completed.

2 Likes

Same here only getting one Work Order per day I thought it was 5 per day

1 Like

Someone said the work order system is down right now. Hopefully they’re fixing this.

Did you realise that your post was transferred from GD to the Professions forum?

I’m beginning to suspect Blizzard hired a bunch of forum moderators and part of the training regimen is to go through the forums and transfer stuff from one to another.

I am also having the issue with my inscription person. I had 4, did 2, went to do another one and it told me I had 0 instead of the 1 I should have had left. Today I logged on and it said 2, so I did 1 and it went to 0 again.

4 Likes

Scrumble I have seen that as well

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say this was intended. Before 10.0.5 it was 5 charges per day up to a total cap of 20. Now it caps at 4 total charges, so getting 1 charge per day would be the same number of days to cap as before.

1 Like

If this was the case it really should have been in the patch notes. I’d say generally if it’s not in the patch notes for something like this, then it should be considered a bug until it’s either fixed or clarified/specified as working as intended (preferably added to patch notes with added clarity).

1 Like

I mean, it was done to help alleviate the apparent problem people are having where they can’t find orders. Just reducing it to 4 doesn’t help that problem very much (and would actually just exacerbate it probably). Having it at 1 makes people have to actually think about what they’re going to spend their orders on. If you don’t need the skillups, you’re probably not gonna use your 1 per day on a 200g order. If you get the full charges every day there’s effectively 0 reason to not use every single one every day. At 1 per day I don’t take a lot of the cheaper orders I would have taken before the patch, and I assume other people are now getting skillups more regularly.

3 Likes

It seems to too drastic for something to not be announced that this was intended. Going from 5/day with max of 20 to 1/5 of that… just doesn’t seem right (without them telling us that this was intended). I guess we’ll see :frowning_face: :dracthyr_shrug:

4 Likes

The problem is no one uses public orders because the customer can’t get a guaranteed quality.

Like say if, when you buy a new car from a dealership you pay full price but there may not be brakes, or an engine, and it could only have a couple of wheels.

But you can get a guaranteed working car from a private seller.

So the problem is there are a lot of dealerships that need to sell cars but no one is buying cars from them because the product is bad.

So they limit the number cars a dealership can sell to spread out the first time car buyers that don’t know not to buy from a dealership.

A complete failure to identify the problem or the solution.

3 Likes

This can’t be working properly.

I did four orders on Wednesday, zero remaining.

Thursday, when one became available I took an order.

Friday, when one became available I didn’t take an order, the notification said I’d get another order in an hour.

One hour later, I have the ability to do two orders. The time remaining is now a negative value, in -7 hours I’ll have another order.

3 Likes

It did that before the patch too, it often (but not always for some reason) requires a relog to get your charge for the day, and it will display that negative time until you relog, then it goes back to counting down to the next day.

2 Likes

Well now it is not even working at all for public work orders I have 0 Work Orders and -2h till I can get more YAY Blizz lol always trying to fix something that is not broken but ends up just /sigh

And despite screwing over everyone for most professions and servers there are still no orders for crafters to fulfill.

The whole public work order and leveling through work orders has been proved to be a colossal mistake on blizzards part

1 Like

lol and now it is -4 hrs till more personal work orders :stuck_out_tongue:

There is certainly a bug, I just did a work order on my scribe, I had 4 left, did 1, I have 1 left.