1 Million Gold Pot in GDKP

Selling boosts to bots is more important than the quality and integrity of the game.

2 Likes

Until everyone unsubscribes this will be the norm so get used to it or move on

Whisper them about Tienanmen Square and watch em DC real quick :wink:

Gold buying obviously occurs, but due to exponential growth this type of gold IS possible to be earned ‘legitimately’.

Every content release you have an opportunity to 10x your current gold with market fluctuations RELATIVELY RISKLESSLY. You can attend GDKPs and receive portions of the pot (for sake of argument, assume the gold being circulated is from ‘legitimate’ economic activity such as playing the AH with boes/crafted goods).

Earning 100+k playing less than someone in a raiding guild is totally realistic if you have any economic sense. I don’t say this to suggest gold buying isn’t happening, but that the prosecution of the gold buyers is significantly more difficult than just going “Look at this gdkp pot. Ban them all”. All this does is punish people for being good at playing markets, which has ALWAYS been a component of this game. You’d need server side tools to distinguish the sources of the gold and then associate that to a transaction (which is difficult to find evidence for, since the real money portion occurs outside of game).

1 Like

Yet they still feel the need to add how bad the inflation is every time they discuss gdkp or gold selling or bots.

I almost always ask them to name 1 product that is inflated. I have never gotten a response. The wow economy does not work exactly like the real world. The costs for goods sold by players may be closer but the big ticket items like epic flying training are fixed prices. They do not change as a result of additional gold.

Additional gold is also questionable. There is for sure some. But the price of farmable mats is so cheap that my guess is that is where the majority if the gold selling money is created. A straight player to player transaction is not adding gold to the economy. It is just moving the same amount from one place to another. Only gold that is earned from selling something to a vendor is additional gold that could affect the economy.

If u skin an animal and sell it to a vendor the e economy now has more gold. If you sell it to another player, the economy has the same amount of gold.

2 Likes

No. Zero good faith is deserved.

1 Like

Without RMT and the astronomical amount of bots that are allowed to farm at will 24/7 for months on end there would be nowhere near the amount of gold circulating as there is now. The price of GDKP items proves this by how quickly the price has been rising on items and now to he point people are spending 1M gold in a single GDKP.

To claim that botting and RMT hasn’t caused this is just ignorant. You can make the gold yourself “legitimately” but you can’t make that amount of gold if other people aren’t buying gold with real money. They are basically the equivalent PVE form of people selling arena boosts.

3 Likes

Janet Yellen, is it really you?

LMAO

What this drood dude is talking about is money laundering, Azeroth-style.

“…playing markets…”

Actually, that is 100% scamming. The person who actually needs the item ends up paying more in the end. The person “playing the market” is really just scamming.

And yet people still argue against the wow token in classic I find that very hilarious in fact I saw this and I find the whole thing hilarious.

No things won’t get ridiculous at all I’m calling on now shadow morn to make it 2 million gold to complete the quest

Just play Retail. Seriously. If you want Retail features, play Retail; it’s an excellent game. Stop pretending that you prefer Classic, if only…

That’s Retail. There’s nothing wrong with liking it.

The wow token is just buying gold but with extra steps. The wow team make it more convenient for you in tbc, you don’t even need to sell your wow token for gold you can just buy directly from the bots, they won’t ban you, they won’t ban the bots either or the gold sellers. At this point it’s just world of creditcraft

Somebody drops Is a million gold on an item and you’re really going to pretend that tbc is not paid to win?

If if anything I would say what’s the difference in fact honestly if you actually bother to look at the way people play retail and look at the way people play tbc you’ll notice there’s not a big difference except for conveniences.

People want to do the absolute fastest thing in retail it’s the same way in tbc people want to play with the most optimal classes in the most optimal way we do the same thing in tbc.

So I would make the argument what exactly is the big difference between how people play the game between each version because if you really look there’s not.

1 Like

I mean if you’re gonna make that type of argument then I would say why not just put it in why not just let people do it because clearly blizzard doesn’t want to put the effort to ban gold buying I mean I won’t do it just because I don’t want to risk my account.

But again I would make the argument what’s the difference at this point are we really going to try and justify it destroys the economy really the economies been dead a long time.

I guess a better way to say it if you’re going to let some people cheat let everybody cheat.

Heh?

I don’t really care what some sensationalist news is reporting. That’s click bait.

Also, what about what I stated suggests that you can make a comment like,

Are you actually suggesting that anything I stated is pretending something? What precisely? Point to it. Quote it.

So effectively you’re just going to bury your head in the sand and just pretend that tbc is completely fine there’s no problems whatsoever and that people are buying gold on the regular because the economy is so destroyed ok.

And is going to continue to get worse In wrath because of gear score and the achievement Spam but OK.

1 Like

I don’t think they should put the wow token in. I think they should ban GDKP and actually start banning Botting. But yeah it’s been something they’ve completely ignored the entire classic life cycle so unless they implement some automated anti Botting system so we know they aren’t going to just push out a ban wave then continue to ignore bots and roll out a few fresh servers for launch I’m just going to let my sub expire and go play the game elsewhere where I know Botting and GDKP won’t be a issue.

So, effectively, you’re just admitting that you are lying and creating a false narrative? Why?

Well yeah agreed what they should do is ban bots but let’s be honest if they were gonna do that they would have done it a long time ago and I still say it’s because blizzard mas blizzard makes money off of bots.

A lot of money And it’s the same reason they don’t want to give us lfd Yeah hot take tinfoil hat but they make mthey make more money if people are going to buy gold too Pay somebody to boost them.

The other half that is blizzard doesn’t want to give the classic team enough people to B able to put the effort to handle it and the Steps blizzard would have to take to actually try and get ahold on this problem now I guarantee nobody would want.

Because question do you think anyone would be OK with that blizzard saying OK going into wrath we’re gonna put a gold cap you can’t go into wrath with any more than 5000 gold on each character.

Can you imagine the outrage People would quit on mass So yeah

1 Like