1 button rotation macro, Will i be banned?

Hello, I have figured out a way to use razor synaps to auto press my keys in a specific order that more or less give me an ideal rotation with the press of one button

the macro goes through and presses keys in a specific order over and over again several times every second

I tested it out and it worked pretty well.

will this get me banned or does it brake the TOS somewhere ?
i still have to move around pick a target and this is only a single target macro

Don’t do this OP. You are at risk if you even logged in the game to test it.

Thank’s for the reply
I already tested it out on the training dummy and in a duel with my friend

But yeah i have not used it since then and don’t plan on using it
Ill just have to see how indepth i can get with wow’s personal macro’s then

Yeah, this is considered automation and can result in a 6 month ban.

Why are you interested in playing with a one-button setup?

I’m not the op but if you have arthritis or other problems that cause you pain in your joints, fewer clicks equates to less pain.

3 Likes

@Op
There’s a macro command called
/castsequence Ability1, Ability2, Ability3

Basically is you keep pressing that button it cycles through Abilities casting 1 at a time and restarts the sequences once it gets to the end. It does get hung up on spells that can’t be cast (like on CD). If Ability2 is on CD and cast be cast, castsequence stays on that and won’t go to Ability3.

There’s also an add-on called GSE that gets around some of the problems of castsequence like the CD issue.

Both of these are ok to use and you won’t get banned.

Also you may want to reconsider your attempts to create a 1 button rotation. You lose effectiveness to gain convenience. Rotations are better described as priority lists with many exceptions driven by CD and many other factors that are impossible to reliably predict.

If you need to use a 1 button system (a disability issue), look into castsequence and the GSE add-on

1 Like