1 account, 2 subs, 1 classic?

Whatever was earned account wide, on your battle.net, will remain there. Mounts, pets, achievements, wardrobe etc. There are a few exceptions, but not too many.

So if we separated the 2nd license, she/my son would lose everything account bound even if she/my son earned it.

Correct. The account earned it, not a specific player.

1 Like

In a nutshell yes.

Stays with the account.

What’s silly about this is if I said my son from the beginning who does get to play from time to time when he’s not in theater, you all wouldn’t be arguing with me about this…

Yes, that is what the Game Master told you when you contacted us back in 2017 before you set the account up. Your response was “Understandable”.

I am sorry for the frustration, Entilza, but honestly the sooner this happens the better as anything earned on the licenses own Battle.net account will remain with it.

3 Likes

Your son is under legal age so thats perfectly fine between 2 adults is a no no weve seen time and time again vengeful spouse roomate etc get onto shared account and do stupid stuff outa spite.

To be clear, nobody is arguing. We’re helping prevent your account from future issues.

Also, as I mentioned above, I wouldn’t be changing my advice. I’d still recommend separating the accounts.

We’re not arguing, Entilza, we’re trying to help you correct a mistake that should never have happened and keep your account from being closed for account sharing. That is not a threat, mind you, I am not taking any such actions. I just want to make sure that in the future, regardless of what happens, the account is secure and isn’t subject to any such risks.

9 Likes

Well, as soon as your son reach(es/ed) age of majority, then they would need their own Battle Net account as well. So they would lose access to anything left on the originating Battle Net account.

2 Likes

Not trying to argue, just giving sound account advise.

One day later, your son would need their own account also, he won’t be a minor forever.

1 Like

Well it’s no longer being “shared” now as my son will be the only one playing it when he can. You’re losing out on me resubbing though. I will manage his play time as I’m sticking with FF14… My wife has just texted me and saying she’s joining me also as she is completely dissatisfied with this also.

I’m sorry to hear that, Entilza, but I wish you well.

3 Likes

I truly don’t mean to be pedantic, but this is from XIV’s End User Agreement:

(Emphasis mine.)

I point this out because this is actually very standard with many online games these days; it’s intended to keep an account secure and keeps account sales (which supports illicit black market activities and that, in turn, supports international criminal rings) illegitimate. It gives the gaming company a legal leg to stand on when fighting against the people who are making money off their game that isn’t them.

If you want to stop giving Blizzard money because of this rule, you’ll also want to stop giving Square Enix your money, too.

8 Likes

One difference is you literally can’t have 2 totally separate copies of a game that can play at the same time like you can blizz so this would literally never be an issue in the first place as they let me do here. It wouldn’t be that big of an issue really if it wouldn’t negate everything my wife and son worked for by taking it away from them by separating accounts. Oh my they were 10 times more angry than me. So, I’l let my son keep it and manage his time. My wife is less forgiving that me so she’s finally joining me over in a game where the devs get their names chanted like heroes at conventions instead of booed on their own stage.

He would still need to get his own account when he turns legal age regardless once hes legal age he shouldnt eve use ur account regardless.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s a technical limitation. It isn’t something Blizzard wants to do on purpose; it’s just how the data works. It’s also unfortunate that you’re quitting because of that.

That said, I can guarantee that if XIV did allow for multiboxing, you’d run into the same situation.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

See, now you’re just trolling and you really don’t need to.

You made a mistake. This one’s on you. Best of luck in your future gaming.

4 Likes

Then be a man, give them the acount with all the goodies, and start yourself a new one. Problem solved.

3 Likes