1.5 AV please please please

I created 2 threads on 2 separate topics relating to AV.

Why don’t you stop trolling and chirping and find something else to do for a bit.

And no they won’t ( the zerg strats that are apparently gonna happen anways ).

Every single person that says this blizzard should flag and should just invalidate there opinion immediately as its a clear sign that they have never even played Vanilla WoW and they are not the people that should participate in the classic WoW development.

Go play retail okay, clearly its more suited towards you. We hardcore gamers/WoW enthusiasts want vanilla done right.

Which luuni should we believe?

1 Like

You created multiple topics begging for old AV and calling people trolls and insulting them because they disagree with you. It’s that simple. Just because you can’t realize that you are the troll in this issue when it’s already been stated and clarified that this is what they’re doing., doesn’t make everyone else the troll. It makes YOU the troll.

So, have a good day friend, I don’t stay on troll topics for long.

:thinking:

1 Like

im sorry people like you come on here and have an opinion on a game you never even played. Ya im gonna call you guys out for being a troll, sorry…

Here is a post from Blair on “CASUALS SHOULD DICTATE PHASE ROLLOUTS, NOT HARDCORES” doesn’t seem very trolly. What more are you looking for in Blairs’ response? It seems like you just don’t like their opinion and want them to change it to yours…?

I have explained that I have tried to take multiple argument points to get through to you guys.

First I showcased Blizzards words. You didn’t accept that.
Then I stated no one can acctually play the entire duration of AV if it lasts days. (This isn’t me complaining about long AVs. This is me stating a fact that a majority of people are not going to even be able to stay up for 48 hours to see it through).
Then I stated that people will continue to zerg it down.
Then I stated that it was changed due to low player participation as indicated by original team members.
Then I stated that Blizzard already looked at feedback.
Then I stated that I’d be fine with 1.5 - 1.12 AVs as a progressive change.

I have tried my best to debate and settle with your side of the argument. The only person who has seemed to compromise was Rob. The rest of you are just jabbing your thumbs in your ears telling everyone

1.5 or I won’t play, despite Blizzard telling you “we’re going with 1.12 AV.”

2 Likes

Because this is there aguement

1. people are just gonna zerg AV anyways
    A) no they aren’t the game wasn’t designed for that to be possible or people would have done it.

2. I want to grind honour and rep faster, i don’t like PvP
    A) If you don’t like PvP don’t play PvP (this is at least a valid opinion kind of, but i rather have fun than grind gear mindlessly, thats why I don’t play WoW right now)

Anyways this is why I call them trolls, because they are. They comment on things they clearly never even experienced.

You don’t play WoW for the pvp, it’s junk. It’s the map, characters and items that made that game.

By 1.12 AV was useless. Whether your side won or lost, you’d still get decent honor. So it became common to have the starting cave filled with afkers. But hey, you’d still get your Grand Carebear (Warlord) title.

I was there the day AV opened in 2005. The truth is it went from competitive pvp to a pve farm. By 1.12 pvp was secondary to farming honor. If I recall correctly an AV weekend (mount racing) was the best source of honor. Repeatedly camping the GY and 5-capping in AB was a close second. - real competitive stuff!

In general the evolution of WoW followed the Diablo II model, which was to solve problems with ‘gear’. Too much lag in world pvp, then make bigger raids with better gear. If people are crying that pvp is too hard, then get rid of the npcs and let them get their ranks and points more easily.

The pvp in that game was garbage.

“Do it” - Palpatine

1 Like
  1. “Blizzard is using 1.12, so stop asking” (which is an argument that only makes sense if you’re a Classic dev. As customers, we should only care about the “best” version of AV)
1 Like

You say they wont be able to Zerg it like is done in 1.12, but nobody has seen what 1.12 talents and gear can actually do in a 1.5 version of AV, including an insane wealth of knowledge of the Battleground.

I play WoW for gear, I do quests for experience and gear, I do dungeons for experience and gear, I do raids for gear, I do pvp for gear. Youre going to tell me I dont like PvP when I have probably close to if not 400,000+ honorable kills between my account? Multiple PvP titles including justicar, hero of the alliance, and the gladiator title? And guess what, I did all that for rewards. If I didnt want a sense of progression or rewards. I wouldnt be playing wow.

To your earlier comment, I have been playing wow since February 25th 2005, I have a vanilla wow pvp title from vanilla. Reasons I prefer 1.12 AV to 1.5-1.8?

It is a more complete version, it doesn’t take days to complete, I can step in and out without caring that I wasted time without any “gasp” rewards. You can turtle and make the game last 3-4 hours if you really want to. and you can end the game in less then 20 minutes and move on to the next if you also want to. I cant say I did a ton of 1.5 AV because it was gone in what 3 months? But the times I did do it I don’t think I ever once actually completed it a single time. granted I had school, homework, and chores due to being 14 at the time.

They should start with 1.12 when they launch, then develop a “replica” of 1.5 that they can have PVP weekends every few weeks, and allow people to queue for. That way even if its not perfect, it won’t be the ‘main AV’ just a fun diversion to simulate what it was like “as best they can”.

(Idea Credit for Robofried)

1 Like

Ducking out of this topic altogether. I’ve debated the AV topic over almost 100 posts I’d guess and I’d rather not continue since it seems everyone is set in their ways.

Best of luck to you folks who want 1.5 AV. I’ll play whatever version. Just trying to argue why I don’t think it’ll happen. If it happens and Blizzard announced it, congratulations, I’ll see you in the fields of strife. :slight_smile:

Hope to see you in Classic.

What account did you play on? It wasn’t this one.

1 Like

He is 14-16 years old by the way he writes. Can’t spell anything and doesn’t know the differences between “there/their/they’re”, “right” and “write”, and hasn’t grasped the nuances of “to” versus “too”.

It literally is the version with the least amount of content. How in the world is 1.12 the most complete version? It had parts of the map taken away quests taken away npcs decimated and nerfed more than once not to mention the mines and goblin shredders. Its a shell of its former self. Im not saying you cant turrle it and have fun or that you couldnt zerg 1.5 but theres no reason we cant have 1.12 and then have 1.5 weekends or something.

4 Likes

This right here is the fundamental flaw and why you consistently come off like a troll.

Many of us are arguing why it should happen, and rather than argue why it shouldn’t you choose to argue that it won’t. If you cannot see the difference, then yeah ducking out is probably the best decision.

Hell, I still haven’t gotten a clear answer as to what specific gameplay/content/elements people like AV 1.12 for that were not in the early versions, besides “quicker access to rewards”. It is as if board games never existed, and people cannot grasp the concept of playing something simply for the enjoyment of the gameplay.

Looks like you got your reply. For me personally I do prefer the longer and less zerg prone AV, even if that means I spend 4 hours in an AV and come out with no ‘rewards’, but I still don’t think Blair is a troll.

1 Like

If you are spending 4 hours in an AV, you are walking away with honor and rep, unless AFKing in a remote spot on the map. 4 hours of honest contribution will net considerable progress toward rewards.

2 Likes