1-120 No Deaths...Complete!

Glad I’m not the only one.

Congratulations! I would never even attempt this myself. Seems painful, and when you come here to talk about it, you have to deal with trolls. Sometimes this community sucks. You have a right to be proud. I don’t know anybody else who has ever done this. It’s one heck of a goal you accomplished.

5 Likes

Congratulations!! I’ve thought of trying something like this and always back out.

3 Likes

someone did a thing?

brb.

grabbing pitch-fork.

6 Likes

I’ll toss you mine!
https://www.the-arcade.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/pitchfork-gif.gif

By Ragnaros’ flaming beard.

No wonder GD’s got a bad rep. OP posts about something he did that he’s proud of, a bunch of people shoot him down.

SMH.

9 Likes

oh that was painful.
i’ve always been terrible at catching.

This is the important part.
Ignore all the angry folk.
…or wait for the day when one of them finds something to be happy about (unlikely) and poop all over their party. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congrats on meeting your personal challenge, but I’ll echo what a couple others have said with this:

It’s not anything crazy. It basically just means you took things in higher level zones slightly slower rather than being reckless with AoE and traveling by jumping over mountains and such.

Ironman Challenge includes the gear restrictions for a reason. Maybe that can be your next challenge?

5 Likes

Last time, I leveled up is with Classic. Before I went to Live Classic, I had practice on Beta Classic. I was a Naxx40 veteran in Vanilla though as a Warrior but I was a Hunter in Classic.

I leveled up and did all the dungeons while leveling… Black Fathom Deeps, Deadmines, The Stockades, Gnomeregan, Scarlet Monastery, Razorfen Kraul, Razorfen Downs, Uldaman, Zul’Farrak, Maraudon, Sunken Temple, Black Rock Depths. I even kited/kill Stitches and MorLadim… had fun on kiting Stitches to Darkshire to have Stitches kill lowbies… LOL. MorLadim despawns before reaching Darkshire so I just killed him. Those melee elites to kill me? No way. I am very hard to kill as a Hunter becoz of the OP, Aspect of the Cheetah and later FEIGN DEATH.

My first death was on Deadmines. The freaking ship is bug’d. My multishot aggro’d the mobs on the top floor? I thought they fixed them on Beta. Oh well. My first wipe.

I encountered a 2nd wipe on The Stockades while I was like level 19 where a level 25 guildie tank trying to impress me as he aggro room to room and we got overwhelmed. I just run to the exit as they wiped. See… I didnt die.

I remember I also died… wipe on Gnomeregan on last boss becoz I didnt know the mechanics and I was low level… level 25 doing level 30 Gnomeregan. It was all Tank’s fault who cant aggro anything and the whole group didnt know wtf to do with the mechanics. But when I reach level 29, I made my own group of level 30s… I taught them how to do the mechanics and we pwned Gnomeregan without death on me.

And the other one is on Black Rock Depths on our way to Emperor. I was level 52 doing a level 55 BRD. I cant carry my group. I was expecting my guildie Mage to use his skill to carry us on that room that respawns mobs. I realized my Hunter was useless… I thought I could carry my group. I failed… wipefest. I returned to BRD at level 53 but I had like 2-pc dragonscale. I got a Warlock to carry me on that room that respawns mobs quick. And I carried the group to kill the Emperor.

At level 55, I started Molten Core. Of course I died… I couldnt control wipes there. When I returned to 5-man dungeons like level 58, I have 2-pc of Dragonscale Armor with like 5-pc Beaststalker’s from Lower Black Rock Spire and Upper Black Rock Spire, Scholo and Strat… no deaths on me.

Then I returned to Molten Core again at level 59, we killed Ragnaros. Yup, I died few times on raid group that I couldnt control. I remember the guild gave me an epic gun on that run.

And when we returned to Ironforge, my guild granted me materials to complete the 4th-pc Dragonscale armor. Then I became unkillable on all 5-man’s.

I am a Mythic +10 player and I am hard to kill. Mythic +10 Bosses and mobs are having a hard time to kill me. I dont expect Classic Bosses/mobs on normal difficulty to kill me.

One UBRS run, my group wiped on General Drakkisath except me. I solo kited/kill Drakk and the people there thought that I was showing off. Not really. I’ve been a Hunter for years. I just couldnt die becoz I have feign death.

I even went to Stratholme UD with a geared Fire Mage who claims he would outdps all of us. He was right. He timed our run and we reached the Baron under 39 minutes… We are freaking ready for 45 min UD run… no wipes.

After few more weeks of killing Ragnaros and Onyxia, I left Classic. Got bored becoz the game became too easy on me.

Before 8.3, I was back on BFA. BTW, I am just a Casual player who just do everything on Dungeon Finder. But I carry people most of the time.

TLDR:
I rarely died on Classic. But if I was really careful, I could be unkillable there while leveling without dungeons. But I love the dungeons. I dont care if I die… I was just lucky not to die on those levels before I got Feign Death. Once I had it, it’s like GG.

2 Likes

this is cool OP grats :smiley:

1 Like

Finally, it is bed time here in Brazil but I refuse to go to bed before i see what you were typing in the last hour lol.

2 Likes

Man there’s some unnecessarily aggressive responses in this thread. Just ignore them OP and Congrats!

5 Likes

I don’t think my rogue died any from 1 to 120 but I was in heirlooms, xp potions, enchants, etc.

Playing Devil’s Advocate here, (put the pitchfork away) I think the snide remarks are because to some, this could be seen as a “Hey pay attention to me! I did something that you probably didn’t do”

Or it could be seen as a gatekeeping technique.

Devil’s advocacy off, I think OP should be proud of themselves, who cares what others think.

2 Likes

That’s Hardcore mode for real, I couldn’t do it in Diablo, just too heartbreaking losing a toon after a single death.

Gratz Ferrandi!

Stay Safe. :kissing_heart:

Honestly, that wasn’t the purpose of me posting. It was a HUGE goal of mine for years and I wanted to share it, that’s all.

I’m surprised by the hate but people are people…

7 Likes

People just like to tear down others achievements to feel better about themselves.

I think the snide remarks are unwelcome and unneeded.

Me? I personally don’t get why (no offense) you guys like iron man modes, but honestly I’m just an impatient fellow who could not do that.

Congratulations and be proud of yourself.

1 Like

Umm…congrats? I mean it’s not hard, at all. Its easy to not die in WoW unless you raid.

4 Likes

I’ve died to many things that were not even my fault, I’ve had players pull mobs on me, and got burned alive by Deathwing.

Gratz! glad you accomplished it.

1 Like