1.12 AV Will Kill Classic

Maybe I need to clarify what I said so you understand it better.

Out of all the versions of AV that were out in vanilla. 1.12 had the longest life span.

How long exactly did it take Blizzard to add the reinforcement mechanics and time limits to the Vanilla BGs? Was that at TBC launch, or was that some time after?

I know but by how long? a couple months? I am not disagreeing with you completely, I could care less which version of AV is in because iā€™ll be playing regardless.

1 Like

I am not 100% sure but I can say as a player I believe the biggest change to AV over the entire course of the game has been the implementation of reinforcements, it essentially created a time limit.

As long as there are no reinforcements I am happy to play it tbh.

Same here. I like all versions. Iā€™m not saying that 1.12 is the best because it was out for longer. Iā€™m just saying that calling it not ā€˜authenticā€™ when it was the version that was available the longest in vanilla is just being silly.

1 Like

I think the point weā€™re trying to make is Blizzard had internal data showing 1.12 AV was definitely more popular than the earlier versions, though not as popular as the other two battlegrounds.

1 Like

Oh for christ sake. Just stop replying to me. I tire of your goalpost yanking BS.

It will definitely be interesting to see, who knows, blizzard might release 1.12 AV and then after the fact they could possibly re implement things that were in the 1.5 AV but re balance them to be more ā€œfairā€. This would possibly satisfy both crowds of people.

Iā€™m not yanking anything dude, I just have to clarify for you because you arenā€™t really the brightest person on these forums. You like to make stuff up, and on your best days you just exaggerate them to disbelief. I have no qualms with earlier versions, just have qualms with lying about what was actually vanilla.

Are you saying In Through The Out Door isnā€™t Zepplinā€™s best album?

1 Like

Still waiting on that new Tool album

Iā€™m still waiting on that Warcraft movie sequel thatā€™ll never come because some people just canā€™t look past the fact it was a game-to-movie adaptation so they wrote it off without even seeing it.

1 Like

Un-popular opinion. I hope they never release another warcraft movie. I love reading the lore and have finished probably 15 warcraft books at least. And the amount of story that needs to go into these does NOT translate well into a movie. This needs to be a tv series like game of thrones to do it any justice. Donā€™t get me wrong I enjoyed the movie but for someone who reads the lore the movie felt like it was moving at 50000 MPH in terms of events happening.

The pacing was definitely off, but they had cut like 15 minutes of footage to save screen time or something to that effect.

Personally I prefer the movieā€™s more grounded take on the lore to the gamesā€™ over-the-top take.

Yeah which is why I canā€™t see them really making it into a movie.

Imagine trying to make arthasā€™ story into a movie and limited it to 2 hours. Absolutely no way. With everything that happened Pre-Strat, to him becoming a deathknight, to fighting against illidan, to becoming to lich-king, and then his downfallā€¦ christ that would take forever to cram that stuff into a movie.

Well, they could do it Lord of the Rings length but you know how the media is. Theyā€™d rip it a new butthole for ā€œsubjecting us to an overly long unskippable cutscene.ā€

If blizzard makes another movie I think they should do it mostly IN HOUSE with the team that has made their cinematics for years. I would much rather see that than a live action adaptation, live action is so awkward 99% of the time.

Canā€™t reliably cosplay animation though.

Can we delete the internet and start over?

No. Ten chars.