1.12 AV Will Kill Classic

After someone has completed all of the PvE content, PvP will be their main source of enjoyment. It was like that in Vanilla, and it will be like that in Classic. The reason is that PvP is always a unique experience. Even if you played the same BG or Arena comp a thousand times, the match will always go differently. Unlike a raid, where the boss has a set of preprogrammed actions, opposing players make their own choices. That’s what keeps it fresh.

AV was the primary source of PvP in Vanilla, and it will be the primary source of PvP in Classic. However, if the players are given a boring, zergfest AV, like they have in retail, they won’t be interested in playing it. Just like how nobody was interested in playing the 40m BGs in retail for years. And if people aren’t interested in playing the main source of PvP, once all the raids are complete, the players will just up and leave Classic.

I really want to enjoy Classic. Please do not kill it before the game even comes out. Giving us 1.12 AV essentially guarantees that Classic will fail, in the long run.

Please give us 1.5 AV. The original Alterac Valley.

65 Likes

oh no I can’t run Naxx if AV isn’t 23 hours long!!!

Kinda wanna see them bring 1.5 just so they all can come back and QQ about how long grinding rank 14 is now.

20 Likes

No, it won’t.

Boy I sure am tired, are you tired? We should have a nap.

23 Likes

I can run Naxx still. But what am I going to do after I’ve run Naxx 50 times? A 15 minute AV match? If I wanted to play a short, QUICK MATCH game, I’d go play retail. Or Overwatch. Or HotS. Or essentially any other PvP game. 1.5 AV was a very unique experience. Let us have that.

16 Likes

No it doesn’t.

35 Likes

Yes it does. Case and point: Retail.

7 Likes

No. It does not.

13 Likes

This may be the single dumbest thing I have ever read on any forum anywhere.

31 Likes

Retail is the 1.5 AV > 1.12 AV changes, applied to an entire game. Leveling, dungeons, raids, BGs, all neutered to appease people who just want to skip to the part where they get their shiny purples. I don’t agree that 1.12 AV will ruin the entire game, but it’s definitely a black mark.

17 Likes

The vast majority of players did not raid and the vast majority of players did not grind R14.

11 Likes

Hmmm, yes it does.

Classic won’t last past the intial hype and the raids. Once those have been completed, there will be nothing to keep players in the game. There will be no new content added.

What has kept classic games enjoyable through all the years? Enjoyable replayability. Sure the raids are fun at first, but eventually dodging the same fire that spawns when the dragon reaches a certain health percentage loses its excitement. PvP, on the other hand, is always a unique experience. If you neuter the most beloved aspect of a game, you completely kill all enjoyable replayability.

2 Likes

I didn’t start till 1.10 and i never had a “15 min” AV

4 Likes

While I agree that enjoyable repeatability is important to maintaining long term financial viability, I disagree that PvP is the only way to achieve it. Many players like leveling alts. Others enjoy roleplaying. Some can play the AH forever. PvP might be the most beloved aspect of the game for you, it is not the most beloved aspect of the game for everybody. If it was, there would be no need for anything but PvP servers.

3 Likes

I do like how people who never played pre TBC are mostly the ones wanting to play old AV like they know how it will go.

6 Likes

I like how you ignore everyone who played all through vanilla from launch who know quite well how it went. I also like that you think those who want to experience the early version are unimportant.

15 Likes

That’ll happen if you don’t play the game.

And to counter your argument:

There’s literally an achievement for winning an AV within 6 minutes. This is the AV that will kill Classic.

11 Likes

You can’t bring logic to most of these complainers. They want what they want and no compromise. They are self important enough to start a 30th unique thread about 1.12 AV when there is a stickied thread at the top of the forums.

Edit. And if blizzard caved to the screachers, you’d have a whole other group of screachers.

In the end they are all going to play Classic and enjoy their time, regardless to what version of AV Blizzard gives.

4 Likes

Good lord. That is seriously a thing now?

It won’t “kill” Classic for me personally, but I would much rather have all the extra features from earlier versions of AV in it.

4 Likes

personally the 1.12 AV was a really good point of AV’s history… We had people and groups who could hit those 15 minute AV’s and farm the stuffing out of honor. But, they spend 3 hours with their 20-30 people in que for a new AV to start. So. Not advantageous…

Anyways.

I’m excited that it was announced as 1.12 - that whole patch area was probably the most fun I had in WoW, period.

1 Like