1.12 AV = opportunity missed

If we go with 1.12 AV, we will be missing out on the content, that for many of us, created some of our most epic in-game experiences. This is why we see all the QQ here.

People who were there remember how much fun AV could be and how much of that was lost by the end.

I do remember the AV nerfs and how by 1.12 it was basically just a series of PVE speed runs for quick rep rewards.

I do want a chance to re-experience earlier AV versions. Blizzard has asked for feedback, so here I am.

PS: I’m sure I’ll play either way :slight_smile:

PPS: I am also hoping they will tune end-game PVE encounters/threat so we don’t end-up with the trivial difficulty that existed near vanilla’s end.

5 Likes

strategy > honor piñata

2 Likes

Blitz AVs will be even more common in Classic than in vanilla 1.12, because back then zerging was a new strat, but now anyone who queues up for AV knows to zerg.

Also, remember when scaling was messed up about three years ago and AV mobs were accidentally buffed to be more than just wet noodles?

2 Likes

We all know that 1.12 AV is not classic AV. It’s not what made it a classic. When we lay our heads down at night and dream of AV, it’s not 1.12.

Bitter pill to swallow… releasing the classic version of the game but completely missing the mark on something that was such an epic experience.

4 Likes

That OP got 162 likes, in GD of all places.
Blizzard is not paying attention.